Fuel Cell Pics

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
Anyone have some good pics of their fuel cell install? I am going to do the 20 gallon aluminum from Summit. Should I go with or without foam?

My buddies 67 dart cell.
DSCN4796.jpg

DSCN4797.jpg

Here's my mock up before paint in my 67 barracuda notch.
38N04-7-1120-4.jpg

Here's what the fabbed cradle looks like:
cuda22.jpg

I'm in the process of picking out the fuel pump and plumbing now.

DSCN4796.jpg

DSCN4796.jpg

DSCN4797.jpg

DSCN4797.jpg

38N04-7-1120-4.jpg

38N04-7-1120-4.jpg

cuda22.jpg

cuda22.jpg

Is it a must to have the sump at the back of the car or can it be on the side. I need to install the cell sideways to fit. I couldnt fine a 20x24 with rear sump.

Put the sump on the passenger side and then you can run all the ovals with the NASCAR boys! Seriously, the sump should be in the back so the fuel pickup always has fuel under hard acceleration - any other location and the fuel runs away from the pickup.

You should be able to put the sump where ever you want it without any significant issues. Sure, under a hard launch with nothing in the tank you might have some starvation issues. But for normal street use (if not, why use a 20 gallon tank?) you will be fine.

You should be able to put the sump where ever you want it without any significant issues. Sure, under a hard launch with nothing in the tank you might have some starvation issues. But for normal street use (if not, why use a 20 gallon tank?) you will be fine.

Here is what I have in my 73 Dart Sport. It is only a 16 gallon and the tire is a space saver from a 95 Jeep Cherokee.

fuelcell.jpg

Fuelcellbox4.jpg

fuelcellboxwtire.jpg

-
Back