Fuel Plumbing

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm about to run my 1/2" fuel system & I need pointers on what fittings I need to run from the fuel cell to filter, filter to pump, pump to DP carb, carb to regulator, regulator to return line back to fuel cell. I've never done this before so bear with me. I plan to run all AN fittings if I can.

You will need various AN8 fittings and hose ends, straight, 90*, AN to Pipe adapters. You will just have to figure out where you will mount your pump, filters and regular and go from there.

instal the pump as close to the fuel cell as you can
they prefer to push than pull

I assume you will run russel kind of hose?

And make sure that all fittings are 3/8", otherwise, you have restrictions. BTW, a hemi ran with 5/16" lines.

I bought a new stock tank for my 68 cuda and made my own sump (similar to Aeromotives weld in sump) using a hole saw to cut out 5 holes in stock tank directly above sump, which acts as a baffle. Welded in #2 1/2" half couplings to back side of sump but will be running 3/8" SS lines supply and return. It was a cheap alternative, Rick's Tanks has nice sump tanks as well but it will cost you a couple more dollars.

-
Back