Fuel Pump/Line Help

-

roosduster

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
I currently have a Carter mechanical fuel pump (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-M6270) and had a hose barb on the inlet and outlet. Well I want to run a hard line (or possibly even braided steel hose with AN fittings) from the fuel pump to the carb. I am having a problem though, every 1/4" NPT fitting I have tried on the outlet (or inlet) side of the pump does not fit. ](*,) The outlet has a -20 thread and all the fittings are -18 thread. I am looking for a fitting that is 1/4" NPT (male) on one side and an 5/16" inverted flare (female) on the other, but some how has a -20 thread on the male side.I have not been able to find anything like that. Should i be looking for a different pump maybe? Does anyone know of a fuel pump that actually works with 1/4" NPT fittings?

Thanks

All of the fuel delivery system is 5/16 or greater.
I dont know why you would be seeking anything in 1/4"
You might have better luck finding 5/16 to 3/8 adapters.

Pipe thread is pipe thread. The pump is either pipe thread or it is NOT. I did Google pipe thread specifications and 1/4 NPT is indeed 18 tpi.

Is there a seat visible in the bottom? That would make it inverted flare, and 5/16 inverted flare is 1/2 x 20,

and a gasketed/ o ring fitting would also be that same thread (#5 which would be an odd size)

Frankly we are just guessing here. The summit add shows this pump as being 1/4 NPT. It either is or not. I'd be on the phone with Summit.

I figured it out, found a fitting that fit. It is not 1/4" NPT.

Are you going to tell us what it is, or do we have to get you down and beat it out of you?

According to the part # that thing should be pipe thread.

-
Back