Full car body wrap.Anybody have it done?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Anybody have there old A-body Mopar done in a full body wrap?What was the cost?Were you happy with the results and how long is this wrap guaranteed for?Lets hear what others think about this new way of changing the colour of your car.I know BMW is wrapping there leased cars to protect original paint for resale $$.

There's a thread floating around with a wrapped Duster in it. Looks pretty sweet.

As far as wrapping leased vehicles. Have you ever seen anyone take off a wrap? We took in a truck on trade that was wrapped. It took one man, two days to strip it, clean off all of the adhesive, and then buff the paint out afterwards. And it still looked like sh*t. We ended up sending the truck wholesale to the auction. That was a couple of years ago, maybe things have changed since then.

Here's a video I found that pretty much shows what our detail guy did for two days. He was pissed.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NThuj5Vg7U"]Removing a Car Wrap - YouTube[/ame]

There's a thread floating around with a wrapped Duster in it. Looks pretty sweet.

As far as wrapping leased vehicles. Have you ever seen anyone take off a wrap? We took in a truck on trade that was wrapped. It took one man, two days to strip it, clean off all of the adhesive, and then buff the paint out afterwards. And it still looked like sh*t. We ended up sending the truck wholesale to the auction. That was a couple of years ago, maybe things have changed since then.

Here's a video I found that pretty much shows what our detail guy did for two days. He was pissed.

Removing a Car Wrap - YouTube

so much for preserving the paint.... bet his fingers hurt

The newer wrapping materials are way better for removal. The 3M and Avery supreme wrapping material are clean removable for up to 5 years.

The older wrap materials were a beast to remove. As a matter of fact, my general liability insurance specifically exempts car and truck wraps from my policy due to the fact that the earlier wraps were prone to destroy paint jobs when removed. Granted a lot of the damage usually came from either non-factory paint jobs that lifted when the wrap was removed or the person doing the removal using things like razor blades to get the job done.

I just saw a chrome wrapped Cadillac sporty car the other day. On that car it looked pretty cool in the sunshine. Not so sure how it would look on a classic.

I have a friend who works with nascar doing the wraps on the cars for a major team. He wanted me to let him do my 65 Barracuda, but I'm kind of against the idea, but the cars I have seen him do look awesome. I just think by the time I strip mine and do the rust repairs, it wont cost me much in materials to just paint mine. The wraps don't come cheap. There is one guy in town who is getting paid to advertise because of the wraps he has on his car. Not sure I would wont to drive my car around with advertising on it.

All a wrap is made for is to provide custom paint looks at a fraction of the price

Paint done correctly will out last a wrap period.

-
Back