Future Motor of the Drag Truck, and a cool ole' Dude

-
I guess you could sell the BB SM heads for $1000, get some money back and home port your stock 440 heads....got potential to go 11.99 in the truck.

I guess you could sell the BB SM heads for $1000, get some money back and home port your stock 440 heads....got potential to go 11.99 in the truck.
but wouldn't a guy wait till the next Speedmaster sale and have them sent to his door for 900 with recourse?...
I think the goal is 10.99 if I recall??..

The BB SM heads were not bought for the truck, they were bought because of 40% off. If I put them up for sale and sell them, I'll probably buy E-street heads or ProMaxx for the 440.

The BB SM heads were not bought for the truck, they were bought because of 40% off. If I put them up for sale and sell them, I'll probably buy E-street heads or ProMaxx for the 440.
It's called impulse buying I seen my wife do it with purses...:poke:..

I wish you would just buy the rockers and use them...
I may do that as well. I don't need to make any decisions as the 440 is about a year and a half away from being ready to install in the truck. I haven't put the SM heads up for sale. No time line on this project. That's why we are putting the 5.9 together for the short term fun.

I may do that as well. I don't need to make any decisions as the 440 is about a year and a half away from being ready to install in the truck. I haven't put the SM heads up for sale. No time line on this project. That's why we are putting the 5.9 together for the short term fun.
AKA motor number 2 of 3 for the budget build...:D...

AKA motor number 2 of 3 for the budget build...:D...
Goal was to put a magnum in my '74 Duster from the start. It only ended up with a 318 LA because of the low dollar build. This 5.9 proves to be the motor we're hoping it to be, then it will most likely end up in the '74 Duster.

Goal was to put a magnum in my '74 Duster from the start. It only ended up with a 318 LA because of the low dollar build. This 5.9 proves to be the motor we're hoping it to be, then it will most likely end up in the '74 Duster.
I figured as much, but I was hoping the 440 with the Speedmaster heads would go in the Duster...:thumbsup:...
And we might have that 10.99 contender..

10.99 in the Duster with the 440?.......not a chance unless it weighed 3000@the line.....lets talk 11.99:thumbsup:

lol a 440 is capable of putting down a 10.9 with a lot less than a stroked small block.
Air in air out. LOL
The key word there is "capable"...
The op claims he could buy a car that does tens without even getting a knuckle dirty, but all we have is a twenty-five-year-old fan dance timeslip of a 12...
Don't talk about it, be about it...:thumbsup:...

The key word there is "capable"...
The op claims he could buy a car that does tens without even getting a knuckle dirty, but all we have is a twenty-five-year-old fan dance timeslip of a 12...
Don't talk about it, be about it...:thumbsup:...
You don't think a 10 second car can be bought? Just looked at a Dart swinger with a big block that ran 10.6's complete turn key for 8900. I reckon the longer dragstrips are closed and people are out of work, they'll get cheaper and cheaper

Last edited:
You don't think a 10 second car can be bought? Just looked at a Dart swinger with a big block that ran 10.6's complete turn key for 8900. I reckon the longer dragstrips are closed and people are out of work, they'll get cheaper and cheaper
Oh I very much agree you were looking at a dart that someone who's trying to get $8,900 for is claiming he did 10.6 in it at the drag strip.... why don't you buy it and let's see if it really does....
that way you can finally have a sub 12 second time slip in an a body to call your own...
You can't even buy a time slip LOL...:D

Oh I very much agree you were looking at a dart that someone who's trying to get $8,900 for is claiming he did 10.6 in it at the drag strip.... why don't you buy it and let's see if it really does....
that way you can finally have a sub 12 second time slip in an a body to call your own...
You can't even buy a time slip LOL...:D
If i'd have wanted it, it would have been in my driveway already. Guy that's raced at our dragway for years and years had his turn key rail for sale for 11k, runs 8.6's. Not hard to buy an ET slip, but it's not what I want to do.

Last edited:
-
Back