Game Changing Powertrains and Electric Trucks | Watch the 2025 Ram Trucks Reveal

-
The Ramcharger maybe a pretty big hit. Not so sure about the hurricane 6 engines. Due to reputation, a v8 powered pickup is almost a requirement

I like the commercial, very informative. I like the message, electric if you want it, ICE if you don't, hybrid if you're on the fence. Not the knee-jerk reaction we just witnessed where everyone jammed electric down our throat. I like the trucks, unfortunately I didn't see anything that doesn't cost less than my first house did.

Nothing about diesel trucks…. Makes me wonder.

Also, I was hopeful for a “Real Ramcharger.” Not a rebadged hybrid pick up. I get the charger portion - that was cute, but it ain’t a Lone Wolf McQuade blasting out of being buried 10ft below ground.

Ma should have NEVER quit on the Cummins inline 6's

Excuse me, I think I am going to puke. This is a salesman talking and leaving out important info. What is the range? What is the range at 110*? What is the range at 32*? If it can tow 7,000 lbs, now what is the range? How much money?

There goes the rape of another classic name, slapped onto something new that in no way resembles the vehicle it started on.
Remember the front wheel drive Dart? How about the 4 door Charger?

The newer Dart could may have been a decent car but the fact that they reused a classic name just to sell cars annoys me.
The same goes for the Charger. It is a great car but should have been named something else. They slapped DAYTONA on some Ram pickups before the rear wheel drive LX cars came out. A friggin "Daytona" truck? Really ???

A new engine with no real world testing. It may hold up on their test track, but running daily, the weakness will show up. Just like the Hemi if you idle it too long. Just ask Police Depts how the charger hemi's held up. Also ask Ford why nobody is buying their electric trucks and how much money they lost on it. Thank the incompetent people pushing this crap on us.

I like the commercial, very informative. I like the message, electric if you want it, ICE if you don't, hybrid if you're on the fence. Not the knee-jerk reaction we just witnessed where everyone jammed electric down our throat. I like the trucks, unfortunately I didn't see anything that doesn't cost less than my first house did.
My thinking exactly, too much money and last I checked you couldn't get an 8 foot bed to actually haul stuff.

The newer Dart could may have been a decent car but the fact that they reused a classic name just to sell cars annoys me.
The same goes for the Charger. It is a great car but should have been named something else. They slapped DAYTONA on some Ram pickups before the rear wheel drive LX cars came out. A friggin "Daytona" truck? Really ???
Who knows, they may still own the copyrights to those names.

I have lost all trust and faith in most of our institutions, large companies and brands etc. over the last 5 years. These mouthpieces can say whatever -- I dont believe ANYTHING they say to me anymore. NOBODY is serving the best interest of the customer, consumer, citizen or constituent anymore. THEY broke these trusts, not me. They can FOAD.

I’m on the fence on this.

As I understand it, the “hybrid” Ramcharger truck has a range of maybe 690 miles with the 3.6 only charging the battery and not moving the truck. So no huge battery, fuel stops are just like a regular truck and it makes over 600 hp and tows 14,000 lbs or something like that. And it seems like the issues of temp are at least somewhat reduced since it is not dependent on only what the battery can contain since the onboard charger can maintain the battery.

And 4.4 seconds 0-60?

Technically I don’t see the Ramcharger as an electric vehicle since it isn’t battery only. And it isn’t a hybrid since the gas motor doesn’t move the truck. Feels like a weird mix of the two. Hmm…..

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2025-ram-1500-ramcharger-first-look-review/

Excuse me, I think I am going to puke. This is a salesman talking and leaving out important info. What is the range? What is the range at 110*? What is the range at 32*? If it can tow 7,000 lbs, now what is the range? How much money?
Don't forget -20°F.

I’m on the fence on this.

As I understand it, the “hybrid” Ramcharger truck has a range of maybe 690 miles with the 3.6 only charging the battery and not moving the truck. So no huge battery, fuel stops are just like a regular truck and it makes over 600 hp and tows 14,000 lbs or something like that. And it seems like the issues of temp are at least somewhat reduced since it is not dependent on only what the battery can contain since the onboard charger can maintain the battery.

Maintain or charge

Hybrids are interesting especially if you do a lot of city driving.

I wonder if this is a future option for the Charger they are supposedly coming out with.

660 HP (or maybe 800??), 100 mile range on battery alone, 700 mile range on a tank of gas without plugging in, 0-60 in under 4 seconds? Drive it around town for weeks without using gas at all with a nightly charge, but enough range to drive across my state and back without stopping. Only thing missing is the V8 sounds.

And remember that since the 3.6 is only charging/maintaining the battery, it can run at an optimal RPM and (I bet) get significantly better efficiency than how it has to run when hooked to a transmission.

Still not exactly sure how I feel about it, but I sure like it better than pretending a huge battery is the answer all while ignoring what the source of the electricity to charge it is.

Hopefully dealers hire and train people to fix these things. I've heard a few concerning stories around here.

-
Back