Garage lift recommendations

-

68gtxman

I used to reMember
Reaction score
My buddy has a garage with a tall ceiling (guessing 10') and wants to store some yard equipment up in the air while he parks his tractor underneath. His overhead door would probably hit a 4 poster, so he'll probably have to go with a two post lift. Of course we'll build a platform for the tools to sit on (snow blower, tractor's lift bucket, etc. large items) and use the lift to raise it. Then if he needs to raise a car, we'll just roll the rollered platform out of the way so he can get his car in place.

I googled lifts and a short review showed me that maybe Bend Paks and Greg Smith lifts maybe good brands.

What do you guys recommend?

I've had 15 years of trouble free use of my 9000lb Challenger 2 post asymmetric lift. I've even had heavy duallys on it. They always under rate them. Mine also has a 2 ft extension on it since I have 14 ft ceiling.

Attachments

• 114-1477_IMG.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 412
I own a challenger 2 post my self and they are 100% great for working on cars and trucks, but why spend almost $4000 on a 2 post to store a tractor and a snow blower? A 4 post storage lift is more of this guy needs

My buddy has a garage with a tall ceiling (guessing 10') and wants to store some yard equipment up in the air while he parks his tractor underneath. His overhead door would probably hit a 4 poster, so he'll probably have to go with a two post lift. Of course we'll build a platform for the tools to sit on (snow blower, tractor's lift bucket, etc. large items) and use the lift to raise it. Then if he needs to raise a car, we'll just roll the rollered platform out of the way so he can get his car in place.

I googled lifts and a short review showed me that maybe Bend Paks and Greg Smith lifts maybe good brands.

Read his post-""wants to store some yard equipment up in the air while he parks his tractor underneath"".

LOL read his post,, garage door will hit 4-post ... lol

Read his post-""wants to store some yard equipment up in the air while he parks his tractor underneath"".

Thanks guys! Yes, the tractor will not be stored up in the air on the lift. The tractor is a John Deere 70 HP diesel type tractor, that I would call "medium sized". He might want to occasionally lift the tractor to remove cutting deck blades or change tires. The 4 post lift will require a coiling type door be installed to replace the present standard garage sectional door. That would not be desired unless nothing else would work.

I have Greg smith for about 8 years now. trouble free

I have a direct lift 9,000 pound bottom cable two poster. Bought it for $900 barely used. So far it has been a good lift. Besides the two bikes I picked up to swap front ends between, I havd picked up everything from my mg midget to my 68 D100.

Attachments

• 20130621_105254.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 339
Mine is a Forward DP10000 lb. I have had it about 9 years so far so good.

I have two challenger cl10v3's in my shop and two of the bend pak equivalent danmar's. For day to day use the challenger is worth the extra money.
Jon

-
Back