Gas boiling

-
going from a 72 yo a 70 is a big jump. its going from a .079 drill to a .073 drill size.

here ya go. something to use as a reference. its the drill size for each jet. one jet size can be a lot more then you think..:)

holley062.jpg

here is a thread with a ton of holley info... http://www.moparmisfits.com/showthread.php?t=12165

^^^^ Another good choice if you feel like swapping carbs...

When you said you could see it boiling, how so? Was there fuel spilling out of the boosters and dripping into the venturis like it was overflowing? If that's the case you might have your floats out of adjustment or dirty needles and seats.

^^^^ Another good choice if you feel like swapping carbs...

When you said you could see it boiling, how so? Was there fuel spilling out of the boosters and dripping into the venturis like it was overflowing? If that's the case you might have your floats out of adjustment or dirty needles and seats.

Yes, it was over flowing as you describe AND you could see the gas bubbling through the sightglass. I have lowered the float level slightly but I haven't had a chance to drive it to see if the problem has corrected. As a novice and total dummy about carbs and fine tuning I listen to and check out all possible advice given. Thanks for the info. :banghead:

-
Back