Gas Price Rant

-

drtybttr

Reaction score
I went and put 20 bucks in the car last night and I only got a quarter tank. I looked and I didn't even get a full 5 gallons. It was something like 4.966. I paid $4.02 and it wasn't even premium. I have to downgrade to the mid level. This is just so upsetting. There was a time not too long ago that I could fill up for $20. I just don't understand why I have to work a half hour at minimum wage for a gallon of gas. Sorry thanks for listening!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

1.38 and 9/10's for 1 litre of self serve regular around here(multiply by 4.54 for a gallon)Did something happen?No just squeezing us some more,we need to change this.

fill your pain. there tryin to make the president look bad.its election year. in the mean time there screwin america by doin that.

we are still at 3.38 for premium here in CO springs. it is supposed to get bad later this year.

no honor among thieves !
(oil co. are one of the biggest thieves)
diesel has gone up over 50 cents a gallon in the past few weeks
now if I drive to the store, I cant afford the groceries !

I heard that our Canadian brothers wanted to send us a whole bunch of crude oil to help us out. It seems that the guy you voted for said 'not on my watch! '. He promoted the Chevy Volt as our way to prosperity. How's that hope and change working out for you?

fill your pain. there tryin to make the president look bad.its election year. in the mean time there screwin america by doin that.

There trying to make the president look bad ?
He does a great job of that all on his own.
Watch how gas mysteriously lowers right before the elections.

There trying to make the president look bad ?
He does a great job of that all on his own.
Watch how gas mysteriously lowers right before the elections.
yah gas probably will go down like everyone can go out and buy a chevy volt anyway to the economy.he needs to think on that one.

if you really want to get mad just google " number 1 export from U.S." you probably won't believe it because the media doesn't mention it but the truth is it is GASOLINE!!! after all the tax dollars we gave to big oil to build refineries to help out with our supply and lower prices. What are they doing? exporting it to Europe and Asia. I filled my diesel tank this afternoon and where less than 10 yrs ago it cost less than $100 today cost $366.00 and this was off road diesel. So much for change,Joe

the oil companies always raise the prices little by little when the economy starts picking up. then they back off when people start to complain.

they just play the system. their costs dont change significantly. most people dont know it but the US gets 40% of our crude oil from Canada. and the Canadians pay more than we do, even though they are sitting on almost as much oil as the middle east lol!

it's all number games by Exxon/BP/Shell & friends. they milk from everyone what they can.

look up the numbers if you dont believe me.

if you really want to get mad just google " number 1 export from U.S." you probably won't believe it because the media doesn't mention it but the truth is it is GASOLINE!!! after all the tax dollars we gave to big oil to build refineries to help out with our supply and lower prices. What are they doing? exporting it to Europe and Asia. I filled my diesel tank this afternoon and where less than 10 yrs ago it cost less than $100 today cost $366.00 and this was off road diesel. So much for change,Joe
You are correct-but along with tax breaks/incentives,you must give permits to build/drill.

X2
We export light crude and import heavy crude also.

and sunoco just shut down two refineries here, and conoco philips has another one just sitting idle

Speculators..;plain and simple, and the F'n Iranians that are sable rattling about the straight of Hormuz..Now my president is doing nothing to help the cause of gas exploration. No Keystone pipeline, no fracture drilling on public land (They are gangbusters on private land on the Dakotas!) and a moretoreum on deep water drilling or any drilling offshore for that matter. We are actively helping Brazil and Mexico drill in the gulf, but whos gonna get that gas at what price? Jeez we got China drilling closer to our shores than we are! Now if legislation gets passed on speculators to minimize their effect on the price of gas, that is a good thing. If we elect a cabinet that actively pushes for domestic drilling and Keystone as well as NG production and infrastructure that would support NG powered cars, the price of gas would drop 1.50 overnight. Look what happened when past presidents opened up the Strategic oil reserve...Gas went down 50 cents overnight just on the speculators having to dump their shares knowing the gas they "got" is not worth what they thought it and was and they had to dump it fast, and that is a gas glut and that is what drives the price down. Yes, domestic oil wont turn to domestic gas overnight, but the fact that the speculators know there is going to be cheap oil on the horizon makes them not artificially inflate the price. And big oil isnt the bad guy here, its the brokers. Big oil makes some of the slimmest margins of any produced commodity, its their volume that makes them appear to be raping us. You wanna see fat margins? Look at "Big Pharma" and healthcare..crazy 8 buck asprin? Ugh..look at my favorite.."Big Solar" ..what a crock, they are subsidized to the hilt by our administration and dont turn dime one profit for anyone but the first few guys that set it up, the construction company that builds the facility and the manufacturers of the tooling. Then they go bankrupt...do you realize that every Voll bought cost the US taxpayer 225,000 dollers? Take the total grant given to GM and devide it by the amopunt of Volts sold...its crazy and they just shut the production line fown for 5 weeks becasue...no one is buying them! Take away the 2500 that were "bought" by the administration and the price goes exponentially higher. Ugh...I drive a CNG van, 2.88 a unit of fuel that "approxiomates the power of 1 gallon of gasoline" Whatever man, its super cheap to fill up comparatively, has about 120 octane so you can run those old TRW 13:1 340 pistons you got in the attic and the car starts on the first kick..and we have about a trillion cubic feet of NG or about 120 years of current consumption rate right under our feet. We are the Middle East of natural gas and our untapped reserves put OPEC to shame. Out...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/story/2011-12-31/united-states-export/52298812/1

One of my responsibilities at work is diesel and gasoline for our mining operations. In meeting with our current supplier and prospective fuel bidders the discussion came up about the true abundance of gasoline as being the reason for export and the shortage of storage for gasoline. It seems that these suppliers have enormous stockpiles of gasoline waiting for export or for a time when the demand AND price is high enough in the US to use some of it. When I asked if it wasn't kind of expensive to store gasoline they said that it wasn't a problem because storage costs are passed on to customers!!

well you can say it's speculators or refiners or oil companies or who-the-heck-ever

but someone is taking a big cut of the pie. they are milking the working man. and i think it's a real crock that the canadians have to pay more.

bunch of duded-up tie-wearing stock-brokering aint-done-a-days-work-in-their-life people behind desks taking home big paychecks at the expense of people working part time jobs minimum wage and stuff.

and the ***worst*** part is the guys workin in the canadian oil fields are probably natives and getting paid crap wages so some slick fellas can drive around in beemers drinkin champagne

Pishta, I agree 100% with all you said. The speculators are the cause of all our economic problems. When they run the crude prices up everything else has to follow from farm products, groceries or anything that has to move by way of trucks,trains, ship or planes. I am just a little man but it sure took the profit out of excavating so I started my retirement. If we are really supposedly running out of crude why are they letting it be sold to these countries that don't give a flip about us. I couldn't believe the transportation industry didn't strike when the diesel prices shot up the first time, I was ready to join them for however long it took,Joe

stop crying guys!. it will not help us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we are still at 3.38 for premium here in CO springs. it is supposed to get bad later this year.

Well this moron flatly stated he wanted to force all the coal mines out of business, what do you think the electric plants run on. He shut off the plans to build a pipeline from Canada (more potential jobs lost). Colorado and Wyoming have a direct underground pipeline to Canada. That's why our gas prices will not go over $3.50/gallon this year according to our Governor and AAA.Last time I filled up it was $3.15. He won't be happy till every car has a solar panel on the roof. Hybrid cars......why do people think it's cheap and clean. When you plug it in the electricity comes from a coal burning power plant. The simple fact is a regular car cost a lot less to operate and a hybrid car. While I'm on a roll we need to drill ANWR and quit sending all our money overs

$4.15 a frikkin gallon here in Anchorage Alaska...And we drill our own oil here and refine. Sometimes I wonder whats the point of drilling, has never helped the price here one bit.

$4.15 a frikkin gallon here in Anchorage Alaska...And we drill our own oil here and refine. Sometimes I wonder whats the point of drilling, has never helped the price here one bit.

Yep, but you guys get that check every year to offset the gas price.

-
Back