Gas prices

-
Gator, while we're thanking our president, would it be fair to thank all the republicans who have been on the accepting end of the oil lobbyists along with those who actually speak for those companies or does that hit too close to home?

I personally don't care what prices are as much as I care what the gasoline is like. Right now its 10% ethanol and according to the EPA or whoever the heck runs this crap, says that 15% is on its way during 2011, isn't that wonderful and it has nothing what so ever to do with Obama but I'm sure some asswipe will come up with a formula that he can run through some Christian disaster relief fund where it was that Obama has us paying for Rodney King's past drug busts through the gasoline taxes and all that extra money is paying for a new Mosque next door to your favorite elementary school :)

Gator, while we're thanking our president, would it be fair to thank all the republicans who have been on the accepting end of the oil lobbyists along with those who actually speak for those companies or does that hit too close to home?

I personally don't care what prices are as much as I care what the gasoline is like. Right now its 10% ethanol and according to the EPA or whoever the heck runs this crap, says that 15% is on its way during 2011, isn't that wonderful and it has nothing what so ever to do with Obama but I'm sure some asswipe will come up with a formula that he can run through some Christian disaster relief fund where it was that Obama has us paying for Rodney King's past drug busts through the gasoline taxes and all that extra money is paying for a new Mosque next door to your favorite elementary school :)

Its $3.03 here in Mass...........lets keep in on topic huh!!!

It was $3.20 on my way home last night, I should have filled up then, my brother just left and said it was $3.40 for regular, efin crooks.

I try not to get mad but when it costs $70+ to fill up that's a lot. Not much I can do about it except drive less. Luckily I live really close to work. I tried 87 octane in my old Crown Vic to save money but it pinged going up any incline, so I'm back to the 93. Goldie gets nothing but 93.

2.82 for the cheap blend here. All my cars run just fine on it.. no ping. If your car has a ping problem put additive in it... 5.00 bottle spread out over a few gas fills is still cheaper then paying for what you think is better fuel.

-RPM

It's my opinion that I wouldn't be surprised if gas reaches the $5/gallon by next summer. Between the lack of new drilling in the Gulf because of the current administration as well as the Quantatative Easing (QE) that the Fed did a couple of months ago = effectively de-valuing the dollar worldwide. With the QE, the Fed effectively printed more money making the value of the US Dollar less around the world. The folks pricing oil still want to buy the same amount of stuff for the money they are getting for their crude, so the price is going up, and will continue. I'm thinking that the price of everything will be going up soon as the cost of fuel rises = inflation. With Interest Rates as low as they are, I'm not sure what the Fed or Congress can do to keep inflation at bay. Some analyst's are saying they are expecting hyper-inflation because of the QE - we'll have to wait and see.

I couldn't have said it any better..... An and economist and a business owner this is the clearest I have seen it put. The combination of lack of US drilling for domestic oil and US printing and flooding the market with US money. 2 things have happened:

Not drilling -- Consumption has not stopped, thus we are handcuffed to buying oil from the abroad on the world market.

Printing more money = Devaluing the dollar -- Oil on the world market is bought and sold in US dollars, As the dollar drops in value it drives up the cost of oil. Thus the price of gas.

Gas is currently $3.15 a gallon for 87 octane in Pittsburgh. I predict a small drop below $3.00 in january/feb/march. then back over to around $3.50+ for the summer, and close out 2011 with gas solidly above $3.60/gal to stay.

No matter how bad we think it is now, inflation is coming. the fed can not hold it off any longer with low interest rates, high unemployment rates, and high taxes....its coming!!! brace yourself when it does.

3.34 here for 87. Think it is a little less than that down the hill but I don't make it down there a lot.

Forecast are for huge fuel price hikes in 2011, and this will drive the price up on all consumables even remotely touched by oil in anyway.

In twelve months it will be $5.00 a gallon. Just watch the price of oil. (going to be fucked up)

"The market" predicts >$4/gal by summer, based on trading of oil futures. They are not always right, but they study many things and are betting their own money. While Western economies have been asleep, the developing world is almost booming. Brazil's economy will soon surpass Italy and France. Every Chinese and Indian family wants a car and there are 2 billion of them. It is not just oil, but all commodities like coal and metals are in demand. Mining regions like Western Australia are booming.

Whether the Federalis allow drilling off Florida makes little difference. It would not be "our oil", but just another supply to the world market where it would be just a drop in the bucket. Welcome to the world economy, where you must run like hell to remain King. We are getting old and tired. The U.S. will be OK as long as the world keeps buying our over-priced sugar-water (Coke, Pepsi), exciting movies (Brady Bunch II), and our marketing genius. We can't even make a rocket to return to the Space Station. This rant would be the same if John McCain was now President with Joe the Plumber advising him.

Yep, gas is getting expensive, but not for the city workers here where I live, see them all the time two to a "new" Ram pick-up just riding round and round. Ya know what they say, "it's O.K. when you are using other people's money!.

AVg. $3.15 to $3.20 per gal (87 octane) here in my neck of the woods, Socal. Just came back from AZ. paid $2.79 per gal....Screwed without a kiss.....

Up to 2.93 per gallon here today, Time for a stand I say!!!!!!
Everyone fill up you tank and plan for two days to Not to buy gas for these days.....

probably wont do any good :angry7:

Every car un the US could boycott for a week and it wouldn't matter. Since petroleum is in litarally everything around us from our food to the computers we use, there's no gettin around it. That's why the pansy *** bunny huggers wantin to go green overnight don't get it.

So, not to get too far off topic, but here is some interesting science about oil consumption/production and a concept called Peak Oil: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil.

Basically (if you don't feel like reading the whole thing, although the first few paragraphs would give you a general idea), is that if we don't decrease our use of oil or find some gigantic, unexpected pocket of oil (doubtful) prices are going to continue to rise regardless of who is in power.

I found out about it while watching a documentary called Escape from Suburbia. If you have Netflix or something you can check it out here http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Escape_from_Suburbia/70079679?trkid=2361637#height1672.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some V8s and all, but I'm just glad my DD is a Ranger with a 4cyl/5spd that gets about 28mpg. And I can still haul some stuff if I need to.

Oh, and prices around Louisville, KY are around $3.00/gal today :)

Yes I would bet it will be $4.00 for the so called good stuff this summer
The so called good stuff that call good stuff is or was $6.99 which is VP Racing fuel 113 octane before the gas started going up. I run a 60/40 mixture with the 60 being the racing fuel. This year I may be cutting way back and just running 20/80..

$2.65 here in Denver.

It's only going to get worst. As the value of the dollar continues to slip and we continue to print money the "relative" price will increase. If the value of the dollar today is only worth $.50 next year the price will double, it's simple math.
Some say drill, drill, drill and build more refineries. It won't help, the price will always be tied to the "competitive price" OPEC sets.

$3.50 for Premium in South Florida

Headlines in Palm Beach Post today:
Gas expert predicts $5 a gallon in 2012

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/money/gas-expert-predicts-5-a-gallon-in-2012-1166562.html

Amazing... was in Venezuela not too long ago and it cost less than $5 US to fill up car.

Price per gallon as of June 30, 2010
per DAILY FINANCE

1. Asmara, Eritrea | $9.59

2. Oslo, Norway | $7.41

3. Copenhagen, Denmark | $6.89

4. Hong Kong | $6.87

5. Berlin, Germany, and Monaco, Monte Carlo | $6.82

6. London, U.K. | $6.60

7. Rome, Italy | $6.44

8. Paris, France | $6.04

9. Sao Paulo, Brazil | $5.69

10. Seoul, Korea | $5.55