Gas prices

-
I heard on the news a few nights ago that it might go as high as $5.00 a gallon! They also said that if it goes back to 4 a gallon in the near future that it could stall any economic recovery we have gained recently. It doesn't help that there has been another oil rig incident recently and there may be more moratoriums on drilling. I have been looking into using natural gas for the cars. The US has huge reserves of it. I'm close to putting my car together and now I'm debating whether to put in some 3.23's or 2.76's instead of 3.91's and a stock converter instead of a 3500 I have. I've also found instructions on a vacuum port installation on a 77 thermoquad for distributor vacuum. I'm definitely not interested in 20-25 bucks a day in fuel if I decide to use the Dart for a daily driver. I have heard that mild 360 magnums can get 20 on the open road.

HOLLEY 4 BARREL PROPANE CHECK THIS OUT: http://www.gotpropane.com/p4.html especially for you guys who have high compression and dont want to have to use high dollar gas

$2.98 in northwest North Carolina. My guess is that we'll see 3.48 barring any hurricanes, pipeline leak, or spike in usage. If something does happen... $5.00 is not unthinkable.
That way, come next winter, we'll think $3.00 is "acceptable". My acceptable price would be about $2.00. Oil companies would still be making a profit, oil workers would still have a great paying job, still too expensive for us to just waste the resource, and people could travel again.
Just my two cents...

It's my opinion that I wouldn't be surprised if gas reaches the $5/gallon by next summer. Between the lack of new drilling in the Gulf because of the current administration as well as the Quantatative Easing (QE) that the Fed did a couple of months ago = effectively de-valuing the dollar worldwide. With the QE, the Fed effectively printed more money making the value of the US Dollar less around the world. The folks pricing oil still want to buy the same amount of stuff for the money they are getting for their crude, so the price is going up, and will continue. I'm thinking that the price of everything will be going up soon as the cost of fuel rises = inflation. With Interest Rates as low as they are, I'm not sure what the Fed or Congress can do to keep inflation at bay. Some analyst's are saying they are expecting hyper-inflation because of the QE - we'll have to wait and see.

Quantitative Easing so that anyone can understand it...watch the video...LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k"]YouTube - Quantitative Easing Explained[/ame]

$3.03 a gallon in Bay City,Michigan this morning,gotta love venture capitalists,and their toadies the politicians.

Prices go up to $5.00 a gallon. The economy will be gone. The rich are trying to kill off the middle and lower class. But what they dont care to realize is that without the working man they wont be able to survive either.

Plus you have the EPA now without Congress approval going to regulate greenhouse gases....

they are going after oil refineries...so what does that tell ya....refineries running at lower capacity...less gas...higher price.......plus any additional cost will be passed on in higher prices...

with the EPA and our Current Administration, they will be happy with 5 dollars a gallon gas....

$2.97 here in the big city of Manchester. But I do remember my dad screaming at a Shell station when Super Shell (101 octane) went up to .26 a gallon. Please sir can I have some more...

Gator, while we're thanking our president, would it be fair to thank all the republicans who have been on the accepting end of the oil lobbyists along with those who actually speak for those companies or does that hit too close to home?

I personally don't care what prices are as much as I care what the gasoline is like. Right now its 10% ethanol and according to the EPA or whoever the heck runs this crap, says that 15% is on its way during 2011, isn't that wonderful and it has nothing what so ever to do with Obama but I'm sure some asswipe will come up with a formula that he can run through some Christian disaster relief fund where it was that Obama has us paying for Rodney King's past drug busts through the gasoline taxes and all that extra money is paying for a new Mosque next door to your favorite elementary school :)

Hmm.. from the tone of your remark you probably voted for that "**** bag" in the WHITE house,oh and i can read just fine..gas is $3.05 a gallon here today..

hold on to your colon here boyz $1.29/L here in chapleau ont. thats 5.16/G.
the small town north of me $1.39/L thats $5,56/G.
it is so great to live in the north.

Hmm.. from the tone of your remark you probably voted for that "**** bag" in the WHITE house,oh and i can read just fine..gas is $3.05 a gallon here today..
Nope I DID NOT!!!!vote for him. I could see right thru him during all his speeches.

DRILL HERE DRILL NOW.... or at least talk about it... it was over 4.50/g till the campaign speeches rolled out... then it dropped to ~1.95 here... wanna improve the economy start with long term gas prices under $2. it may not be the best answer but it would help...especially harry homeowner.

About 3/gallon here. We need to drill and refine here NOW! Screw the tree huggers, they're destroying this country.

I agree. Drill here, skip the ethanol idea.
Fight the drill moratoriums tooth and nail. The lib prez says oil is yesterdays technology, but so is fire and electricity, and they still work well. We have enough oil in the ground, under the water and in OIL SHALE to last us past the year 2100. Let the environmentalists scheme in their laboratories on alternative fuels. If and when they come up with replacements that work better for less money than what we currenty use, I will continue to dismiss them.

I agree. Drill here, skip the ethanol idea.
Fight the drill moratoriums tooth and nail. The lib prez says oil is yesterdays technology, but so is fire and electricity, and they still work well. We have enough oil in the ground, under the water and in OIL SHALE to last us past the year 2100. Let the environmentalists scheme in their laboratories on alternative fuels. If and when they come up with replacements that work better for less money than what we currenty use, I will continue to dismiss them.

Hear Hear, Frankie
Your on the money but we have a lot more then what it takes to last till 2100.

Its $3.59 for premium here in NY .

Every Week I pay $35.00 to get an even 10 Gallons to get it to a almost full tank.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHL404zhcU"]YouTube - Barack Obama Admits: Energy Prices Will Skyrocket Under Cap And Trade[/ame]

This is exactly what he wanted all along.

-
Back