Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Below dash

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Somewhere else

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I didn't like any of those choices on mine. I had under dash aftermarket gauges and I hated them. I finally went to fastlanewest and bought a custom dash with electronic gauges. No more oil lines running in the car and no large coolant temp sensor running through the firewall. The dash piece if pretty flimsy, and I keep planning on beefing it up, but it works beautifully and fits well.

View attachment custom dash installed.jpg

View attachment custom dash installed 1.jpg

View attachment custom dash installed 2.jpg

View attachment custom dash installed 3.jpg

I prefer most of my gauges below just because mine is more street than strip. Cops around my area don't like to see a whole bunch of "race car-y things that make it look like you race". So I have three on the bottom and one tach on the pillar trim piece.

Below for the street, nice and subtle.
Im building an aluminium gauge panel in place of the radio, angled towards the driver. Tach on column.

I think they look great under the dash. I think they would have a good 70's kinda' look in that spot. Gauges can be seen in that spot, you just got to train your eyes to scan down that way and that's just my thoughts.

For those gauges I would go below the dash but if you get a tach it's a different story. I put mine under my dash and I have no clue what I launch at or shift at while racing now!

made a bracket for the tach
and made a bracket for the gauges in the radio area

Attachments

• Picture 284.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 285.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture 287.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 288.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 109
-