G'day to all from down under

-

cjh

Reaction score
I've just joined up, I have a 1962 Valiant sedan, had it since 1986, It was my first car, I rebuilt it from ground up , got to drive it 1990, then in 1997, the body repairs started to break, so pulled it down ( have way better skills & equipment now ), and haven't got back to it just yet....but will be soon.
I had a 225 s/six and a BorgWarner close ratio 4sp manual ( Aussie RT Charger E49 spec )in it with 67 VE Valiant front disc brakes.
I want to put in a 318/390 stroker with a 904, 2,800 stallie.
I want to convert it to rack & pinion power steering & 4 wheel disc brakes too.

G'Day right back to you from SoCal! Welcome to FABO. You're gonna have fun here.
We need some pics of your Aussie Valiant. You'll find lots of very helpful blokes on here to help with any questions you might have.
Keep us filled in on all aspects of your build.
Again, welcome!

Welcome to FABO. I expect the only drama you'll have is the rack and pinion conversion, although I've seen several conversions on MoparMarket. Post lots of pictures during your conversions!

Welcome to FABO, got any pics of the Valiant?

This is the only pic I have that I took with a digital camera of an old picture. The year was 1990, the morning of the day I got it registered.
I do have more old photos, but they are packed away as I'm in the process of removing my old house ( built in the 20's and not very well, LOL ), putting in a new transportable one of my design. Their designs didn't fit where it needs to go.....but later on, I will get to it.
Unfortunately, Chrysler Australia shut down in 1981, and Mitsubishi took over, and now they are finished too, so no locally Mitsies either.
The only local car manufacturers now are Toyota ( Camry's ), Holden ( Commodores ), and Ford ( Falcons ).
The grill on the Val, I made, as is the bonnet ( you guys call a "hood" ),dress and emblem, and they are Morris Marina tail lights with mods done to them too.
The wheels are custom made Dragway 5 spoke ( old pattern )....have since been stolen.....but I'm changing the stud pattern anyway....to a Ford one.....more wheels sizes and styles to pick from, as well will be using a cut & shut Ford BTREng diff for the disc brake set-up.
Thanks for the replies fellas.

My first car, the SV1 Valiant.jpg

I forgot, the ol Val would do 120mph......5,000rpm in top gear.....would do over guys in 351C Falcons and 308 powered Holdens....so wasn't a slouch.
The red Charger (sorry about the blurry pic ) is a 360cid V8 VK 770, about a 76 model. The 360's were only available as auto's in Aust.
The beige coloured 4 door is a VH Hemi Pacer sedan ( thats Hemi as in 265cid 6 cyl with about 320bhp ), the red Ford is an XW GTHO Phase 2 ( 351C powered, and HO stood for Handling Option), and the yellow one is a Holden Panelvan, 308cid V8 powered, about a 75 model.

IMGP4190.jpg

IMGP4209.jpg

IMGP4207.jpg

IMGP4187.jpg

You guys have some cool looking cars down there. Thanks for the pictures.
Would love to pick up a few, as you don't see them around here.

welcome mate,heres my 65 ute,got it in 1988 before you blokes fiqured they were worth $$$ here,1st aussie val in the states,also have a 69 safari wgn since 1995

SSCN0317.JPG

welcome mate,heres my 65 ute,got it in 1988 before you blokes fiqured they were worth $$$ here,1st aussie val in the states,also have a 69 safari wgn since 1995

I once had a 68/69 VE VIP V8 wagon...had 273 V8, coulmn auto, power steer, front disc brakes, electric tailgate, genunie dust deflectors, wide wheels. It was white with a green interior, and it still had the sales docket from 1969 in the glove box.
I still have the wheels and hub caps from it.
Some of those utes were called Wayfarer....don't know why.....and much later, they brought out the " Town & Country " utes....they had vinyl roof's, and a badge on the B pillar that said Town & Country......LOL...the badge was nearly as long as the pillar.....about a 1' long.
This is my current ride, a 1993 Ford 'ED' Falcon sedan, 4.0 6cyl, 5sp manual, it has 205bhp at the treads ( more than what is at the flywheel new ). This is as later model Falcon I would own, after that, they went down hill...slowly though...till the BA Falcon.
NO, we never got 2drs, Signets, or wagons in R or S series....unless you brought them in yourself. They were all fitted with 14" rims too.....long way between petrol stations back then.....and only ever got the 225 iron block.

IMGP3177_resize.jpg

IMGP3970.jpg

wayfarer was a 51/52 dodge here,sorry to say,why are you posting a shitbox/spamcan on this site,we dont care!!

-
Back