GE nighthawk sealed beams

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Are these decent. Anybody have em and like em? Decided I'm not going to upgrade to H4 bulbs, i will be putting headlight relays in though. Headlight in question in the GE H6024NH sealed beam.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Been looking at those myself but since putting the relays in it wasn't a priority any longer.
GE makes a good light, and the Nighthawks are a great deal for the cost I think.
Going to get them eventually anyway just for the heck of it. :D

/6 Dan has recommended them as being one of the only sealed beams worth buying.

I'll chk my stash at home. I believe I bought them. I waited for a sale...reg $50 each!! I think I paid $13....

I put relays in and a big help

Cant figure out how to link it but Type in GE H6024NH scroll down they are still there $4.89 buy it now free shipping.

I bought these after reading about 37 pages of fabo on lights...I agree, probably the best sealed beams out there

I cant imagine how well they will do after the relay upgrade

I bought these after reading about 37 pages of fabo on lights...I agree, probably the best sealed beams out there

I cant imagine how well they will do after the relay upgrade
Really frigging bright would probably be the answer.

Yup, the GE Night Hawk is really the only sealed beam headlamp worth buying; all the rest are godawful junk. The NH isn't a fancy-pants headlamp, and its lifespan is shorter than a regular sealed beam, but it's cheap and decent, made in America, and doesn't look out of place on an old car. They're definitely better than cheap H4s (there are some good H4 headlamps on the market, but they cost money).

Lamp aim is by far the main thing that determines how well you can (or can't) see at night with any given set of lamps, so you will need to see to it that the lamps are aimed carefully and correctly with an optical aiming machine per the instructions here — sealed beams are the "mechanical aim" type.

Running these on my dart for last few years, very bright with the relays. Wish they made the smaller lamps for seperate low/ high beam cars ...

want to add, the workmanship on these is a little spotty. On my lamps I found a few odd spots of Solder that had dropped onto the casing. didn't effect usage but certainly points out the lazy quality control practices.

Those are the ones I use and suggest with a relay kit. Good lights at a great price.

Well i'm glad to find em for the price i got them at. Didnt really need em yet, car is still in a million pieces, but they dont go bad sitting on a shelf until needed, and less than $10 for a pair was a total steal lol.

hey did you guys see that link from Dan? To Amazon? says $3.89 and free shipping for prime, as add-on only. that is insane.

Wow, even better n my deal. I need to check amazon more often. $2.00 cheaper per pair.

Last edited:
I'm another one who took Dan's recommendation. I got them at my local NAPA so I probably paid a bit more but they work great. I'll add the relays some day when I run out of other things to do!

Loved mine with crackedback's relay kit, but lost low beam on one after only a few months. That said I will replace it with another when I get around to it.

When you go to the link, You have to enter your vehicle, info at top left of page then it goes to $3.89 ea. I just ordered 6 of them.

barracudadave67

Last edited:
click there and then the top one.. its an add on item..

lights.JPG

Just bought 8 of them on Amazon at $3.89 each - not as an "add-on" = with free shipping.
Outstanding price!

-
Back