George Ray's & Nearby Racers / Benefit for Electrocuted Racer on 7-10

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Some of you may know that this year PSC has gotten involved with Great River Road Raceway in Dyersburg, Tennessee. The track has a new owner who's absolutely terrific, and we kinda hit it off right off the bat.

Anyway, last weekend while getting everything set up before the racing had even started, the sound man up on the electrical tower (a racer who was hooking up the speakers) made a wrong move and was electrocuted. I won't go into the grisly details but the scene was apparently horrific and in front of a lot of witnesses. The man was revived and taken to the hospital, but he's in ICU with 2nd degree burns over fifty percent of his body. Needless to say, racing was cancelled for the night. He's a young guy with two small children.

Great River Road Raceway and the Mid-South Racers are having a benefit event on July 10, 2010 at GRRR. If anyone reading this is a fan or racer at George Ray's track, you aren't far away! Bring your car and help get this man some of the help he needs to get back on his feet. A portion of the gate proceeds will also be donated.

Tony, the new track owner, is supposed to get me some more information and specifics -- and maybe set up a paypal account -- so I'll update this thread as I learn more.

Please choose Great River Road Raceway and come out and help a fellow fallen racer July 10 in Dyersburg!

Thank you for the update leanna, This is new new's for me this morning
I hope they fill the pit's with many racer's and it is a possibility I will make the trip with
a nother car crew if the weather cools down, I for one am going to make plans to make the trip and help fill the pits and stands
prayers sent out to him and his family and friends

http://speednuts247.com/index.php?board=28.0
LINK FIXED! =D
Thats really gotta bite, and that is a terrible thing to here, Wish i had a car to run or the money to get up there. Id for sure support that, I hope he gets better. Electricity can sure damaged some serious stuff besides skin. I hope he's ok and gets out ICU soon.

Wish I was closer, thats some serious stuff.. Had a couple of dump truck drivers killed getting their beds caught in power lines during my 20 years doing construction work, always told my drivers to stay in the truck, if you get out it'll fry ya.. Hope the guy makes a good recovery, I hate that happened to him and his family... Good luck with the event...

I'll be praying form him, I had a good friend get killed grabbing a steel cable hanging from a piece of equipment being lifted by a crane. The crane boomed up into a high power wire.

I got an email from Tony, the track's new owner, over the weekend. He's supposed to be getting some more info to me and indicated he was working with the family to set up a paypal account.

Thanks for keeping this guy in your thoughts and prayers gang!

-
Back