Getting Closer TTI headers installed today

-
ya i have to do that also, My coupler actually came off =/ scary as hell only was going 30 so i was lucky

On the oil adapter it can be a pain to tighten it and keep it clocked right so if you have someone to hold it up top then have someone under the car to tighten it down is a big help. i did it by myself so i had a few choice words. luckilly no neighbors were around. just keep the header bolts backed all the way off or unbolt them and let them hang.

On the oil adapter it can be a pain to tighten it and keep it clocked right so if you have someone to hold it up top then have someone under the car to tighten it down is a big help. i did it by myself so i had a few choice words. luckilly no neighbors were around. just keep the header bolts backed all the way off or unbolt them and let them hang.

I also gave him the filter adpter bolt that I already machined

I have the mini power master starter already that i bought from Dart4forte with the headers. I have the oil filter adapter that i planned to install this weekend. Do you have the part number for the flaming river coupler you used.
HKeller

I can't remember if I told you this but if you are using the Schumacker mounts they will raise your engine slightly. This effect will cause a header collector/crossmember interferance even with the modified crossmember. You should have those collector adapters with the S-bends. I'm not sure how they will work since I took the headers off before I tried them out.

The S-bend collectors fit good even with the Schumacher mounts although I did my own crossmember surgery and didnt get the one tti offered. Dart4forte looks like you set him up damn good, saved him a good chunk of change there.

Dart4forte definitely took care of me. He not only gave me a good price for the header stuff, but he also changed his driving route to make my drive closer when I picked them up.
HKeller

Hey Guys,I picked up a 66Dart with a slt 6 with all the clifford 4 bbl. setup headders,etc.I,m planning in the future to swap to a stroked 360.Can any of you that have done the swap,give me a quick rundown on what,s needed?Here,s what I have an idea about..
m/mounts
headders/TTI
p.steering coupler/flaming river
tranny cross member/notching??how much?for d.side headder?
If there,s anything I,m missing?I,d appreaciate a headsup on anything else needed.I,ve alredy swapped to 11 inch front disc.bbp and also 8 3/4 s.g 4.57 waiting for moser bbp axels,and proportoning valve.Thinking on the 3 inch mini-tub next.Any advise would be appreciated.Thanks

Hey Guys,I picked up a 66Dart with a slt 6 with all the clifford 4 bbl. setup headders,etc.I,m planning in the future to swap to a stroked 360.Can any of you that have done the swap,give me a quick rundown on what,s needed?Here,s what I have an idea about..
m/mounts
headders/TTI
p.steering coupler/flaming river
tranny cross member/notching??how much?for d.side headder?
If there,s anything I,m missing?I,d appreaciate a headsup on anything else needed.I,ve alredy swapped to 11 inch front disc.bbp and also 8 3/4 s.g 4.57 waiting for moser bbp axels,and proportoning valve.Thinking on the 3 inch mini-tub next.Any advise would be appreciated.Thanks

You'll need a V8 throttle assembly. As far as your brakes you don't have to go all that big unless it's a Saltflats car or a highly modified 9 second bomb. You could get away with staying with 10" drum brakes or if possibel a 66-72 KH Disk brake set-up. here;s the diagram on the crossmember mod.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/PDF/CMR0506.pdf

Dart4forte definitely took care of me. He not only gave me a good price for the header stuff, but he also changed his driving route to make my drive closer when I picked them up.
HKeller

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad it went to a worthy project. Hope to see it some day at Spring Fling

I swapped from 9 inch drums to 10.??disc.from a 73 Dart swinger.Parts store said they were 11 inch.Well it,ll stop fast anyway.Link would,nt open for the cross member notch??My car has lokar linkage and gas pedal assembly for 4 bbl. carb.I think it will work for V8 swap,if not I,ll rig something up.Thanks.

I think you have most of the stuff you need figured out just a couple issues i ran into. for one if you use tti's with a power steeing setup check if the return line fitting on your box is straight up. if it is the header tube runs right over it so you would need the fitting off a newer box. i went with a manual conversion because my box was bad anyway and i like the cleaner setup. also if your gonna run a stroked 360 you should change the stock fuel lines from 5/16 to 3/8. i got the link to tti to work for me but it is on there site if you search instuctions for the early a headers to see the crossmember. the lokar setup will be fine, i used it on my '64 to replace the rod setup. also check your centerlink, im not sure about a '66 model /6 but i know i had to get a V8 one for mine. i think the drop is about "1 3/4? Johnny.

Nice, If those or the dougs were available back in the day I would of went that way on the my 64.

Looks good hkeller, I have TTI's on my Duster and love them. I had to go with a smaller starter also. I grabed one from a 91' Dakota and slapped it on there.

-
Back