Getting Evicted

-
Tom, finding that van, it was meant to be.

Congratulations, it is very presentable and will serve you well.

I hope it helps Dee's spirits. Be mindful about your wrist.

That's what my daughter calls it - a bus. I think it with the camper is around 40 feet.

Attachments

• 20150522_074950.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 397
  • 20150522_075013.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 401
Nasty disease. Ernestina suffers from this as well. Wishing you and yours well....

Did you check the brakes on the "BUS" before pulling the trailer, and is it wired for brakes for the trailer, just don't want you to ruin your living arrangements before you make it to the camp ground.

My buddy has has about the same bus with a v-6 but no windows, it will haul 12' lumber with the rear doors closed.

Glad to hear of your good fortune finding the all too fitting DODGE van and think the campground idea is a good fit considering the circumstances. We are only encumbered by the limitations we place upon ourselves and you my friend are obviously a Beacon of Strength.

This isn't the First and unfortunately I'm sure it won't be the last thread I've seen on this forum about a member in need and the Responses, Support and Outpouring of Love and Compassion really make me proud to be part of this FABO community.

Find Strength in the Good Lord Above and May He Bless Your Family!

Attachments

• hope-snoopy.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 374
Glad to hear of your good fortune finding the all too fitting DODGE van and think the campground idea is a good fit considering the circumstances. We are only encumbered by the limitations we place upon ourselves and you my friend are obviously a Beacon of Strength.

This isn't the First and unfortunately I'm sure it won't be the last thread I've seen on this forum about a member in need and the Responses, Support and Outpouring of Love and Compassion really make me proud to be part of this FABO community.

Find Strength in the Good Lord Above and May He Bless Your Family!

Thank You so much for the very heartfelt words regarding this community of people who open up thier hearts when someone is struggling. And thank you for the words of faith you have lifted me to believe that the many ailments my wife is suffering through can be overcome.

As for the brakes on the Mopar Bus, They are fine. The previous owner of this van outfitted the vehicle with electric brake kit and he was pulling a 30' camper with this Dodge. The truck runs very well even with the mileage being just over 200K. All peroidic maintanence was done on the vehicle since it was new so I scored on this van. All the other ones in this price range ($1500.00) were beat up so much I woud not trust even driving them as a daily driver. This van is exactly what I needed. I do not mind that it is a window van. It was taken much better care of than a cargo van.

Tom,

Checked specs. Van is close to 19 ' overall. So with trailer looks like closer to 45 ' Some Semi's aren't that long. LOL !!

Tom

I hope the outlook continues to improve for you and yours.
The payment from CB Cycles is from me....

Been very busy the last couple days getting the house packed up and moved into a storage pod. Hard to do a lot of moving due to restrictions of being only to lift 10 LBS with my right hand. Luckily I have had some help. Made five trips with the Bus paced to the gills and the house is 3/4 empty. Just now need to get the last of the loose things packed and then haul out the furniture. Tried to get the Duster running today (it has not run in over a year) Washed it and while washing it the rear drivers valve stem broke off the rim as I was using the sponge on the trim ring. So I have not tried to fire it up yet. I did however find a LOTof parts I have had for it that I have not used yet. including my old Mopar license plate. Which I attached to the front of the Bus. Now it is officially a FABO Bus!!!! I'll use it as a party bus for any FABO events in the area if there ever are any get togethers. On another note Dee has been doing about as well as expected with her health issues. We return to the oncologist tomorrow at 2:30 to get the results of her biopsy. praying for the least aggressive form of cancer. I will update tomorrow as soon as we return from Dr. This has been a very stressful coulpe of weeks, hopefully by Wednesday we will be settled into the campground and start to plan our next challange to get another rental. At least we have a place to stay we can call our own. I am very glad I bought that camper a couple years back. It is now going to be worth every cent I paid for it. Here is a picture of the Mopar Bus!!!

Attachments

• 20150524_180741.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 292
prayers for you all. all is possible thru the Lord.
hopefully things can settle down some this week. hoping and praying for good news or as good as be expected at this time from the doctors. keep the faith.

Just returned from Chapel Hill UNC Cancer Hospital. Dee saw an oncologist who handles lung cancer and he told us that Dee has swollen lymphnodes on her lungs, and he also said she has cancer of her ovaries and has advances cancer that has manifested to other areas. They want her to return to the Dr tomorrow and we are going back to UNC Cancer Hospital tomorrow to see an OB/GYN oncologist. They still do not know what "Family" of cancer she has, but she definatly has cancer that has advanced beyond her reproductive organs. So tomorrow hopefully we can get more information. Our eviction became final today and we have 10 days to get out of the house. Thanks for letting us update you all and to those who are praying and have been praying for us. Thank You very/ very much. Hopefully Dee can get good care. We do not have any health insurance with me out of work. It will be hard for us but God willing we will get through.

Keep your chin up high brother, alot of people are wishing you the best.
Window in the bus are a blessing, you can at least see what is going on behind you.

Our eviction became final today and we have 10 days to get out of the house. T.

Frankly, this just flat-out infuriates me.
I sincerely hope your landlord's property burns to the ground at a total loss a week after you move. Dirty sons-of-bitches can choke on their effing money. :finga: How people can be so cold under extenuating circumstances just blows my mind.

If I had cancer, I'd be using DCA to cure it. Check out this site: http://puredca.com

I've done a lot of reading about this chemical and for about $3 a day for treatment, I believe that it couldn't hurt to try it.

More prayers sent your way!!!

I am going to check that link right now. As for todays visit to Chapel Hill, we ended up seeing a neurologist and he ordered more blood work as well as an MRI of Dee's brain. He seems to think that a lot of her symptoms of irregular balance issues and vision and eye movement and dizziness may be traced back to her cancer. We were supposed to see the oncologist but he was unavailable so we have to go back tomorrow for the third day in a row to see him.

prayers sent / thanks for the update. you have a lot of people in this fabo family praying and wishing for the best no doubt.

I am going to check that link right now. As for todays visit to Chapel Hill, we ended up seeinf a neurologist and he ordered more blood work as well as an MRI of Dee's brain. He seems to think that a lot of her symptoms of irregular balance issues and vision and eye movement and dizziness may be traced back to her cancer. We were supposed to see the oncologist but he was unavailable so we have to go back tomorrow for the third day in a row to see him.

Hope third time is a charm...and you get some well deserved good news...

Dee has Stage 3 Ovarian cancer that has spread into her lymphnodes. She starts treatments on Monday. Only God knows how this will turn out at this time. I am at a loss for words right now. Im just devestated by this. She does not deserve this. All I can do is ask God one question, Why???

-
Back