Getting pissed at rock Auto

-
No issues with RA 5 days from when order is submitted half way across the world delivered to my door . Now that’s service ! If only our local post could be just as good .. Same with USPS not as quick but still pretty good have never had any damage goods or something gone walkabouts . Touching would while I type this out as I don’t want to jinx myself.

Not bragging, but ordered a pair of motor mounts form Rock Auto for my daily on Monday the 21st around 3:30, they were sitting on my porch by noon the 22nd.

I fully expected them to take a week or so. I'm not doing the work on my daily until the 2nd week of Jan.
like Id said earlier.... RA is real quick when you dont need the parts right away
just like the parts that I ordered from them, a week later that showed up within a few days of the order while I was still waiting for these pistons a whole week after that later order was placed.

and yeah I know about people with medical issues that are more urgent.... I've had a couple myself (due to injuries) I wasn't looking to take this discussion "that" far

I've never ordered anything from RA and I've never had a delivery that came on time?? Most of the parts that I never ordered never made it at all????:poke::mad::mob::soapbox:

I ordered an alternator, Moog offset upper control arm bushings and Proforged upper ball joints from them Monday morning.

Everything is here already except the ball joints which show delivery tomorrow.
sweaty.gif

Well looks like it's the mail service not RA.
When I ordered the pistons they didn't show any rings to match.out of stock on any of the 3-4 brands that they carry. So I got those coming from summit who, strangely had the right rings but no pistons in 20 over. So I ordered the rings and a couple of other things, said expected delivery date for 12/18.
12/19 they were in akron, and arriving late. With no indication as to how late.
Nothing, nothing, nothing showed up til yesterday's tracking update, which said that my summit order was in Lancaster PA. WTF? From Ohio that is the wrong direction, I live near Chicago.
There's a seller on ebay that I have bought from before here lately it seems like they have everything that I search for there.for the He11 of it I looked on there for Dodge 225. rings.guess what.they actually have some,very close to summit price with free shipping. I got that set coming too, moly even, just like the ones coming from summit. Got em mostly as a shipping experiment, but for$30 it won't hurt to have extras in case I crack one going together.
I ordered my rods and mains from this same place when I ordered the pistons, they got here from Texas before my pistons got here from Ohio. TRW tri metal bearings, 1/2 of what rock Auto wanted. Again with free shipping.

I ordered some stuff of amazon a few weeks ago
4 of them got lost in the mail

Out of those 4, Amazon asked me if I wanted to review 1

I ordered some stuff of amazon a few weeks ago
4 of them got lost in the mail

Out of those 4, Amazon asked me if I wanted to review 1
Yeah I have been sent an email asking for a review of the stuff I ordered from summit
How can I review something that I don't even have yet?

I ordered a pair of Monroe shocks from Amazon on Tuesday got them Thursday. This week. Someone don’t like you guys.

I ordered a pair of Monroe shocks from Amazon on Tuesday got them Thursday. This week. Someone don’t like you guys.
Yeah the parts I'm having trouble getting are from Ohio. Someone else somewhere said they too had an issue with parts they were waiting for out of the same area. Something about either a PO facility or a parts warehouse having to completely shut down on account of this covid BS.i wish that whichever it is, if that's true, that someone there would post something to that effect so that we know why we are being left hanging.
Both the pistons (RA) and the rings (summit) are coming out of that general area. The stuff that I have been getting that comes from texas seems to be moving faster.

-
Back