Give up your nachos recipes!!

-

Popdart

Reaction score
Let's see your best nacho recipes, the easy to make, quick to enjoy, for the football / hockey games!! You can't seem to find great nachos in the restaurants these days :disgust:, I've experimented a little at home, but I'm nowheres near a "good" recipe. Whatcha got? =P~ Rog

Now you're talking my kinda chit. Here ya go.
Use your favorite tortilla chips, i like the round ones, and place em on a plate, scattered of course. Use some left over cooked ground beef, or chicken, and scatter the meat over the chips. Place some shreaded cheese over the meat and place in the micro wave for enough time to melt cheese. From this point on you use you favorite vegies to finish off. I chop up some fresh cilantro and shake over the cheese along with diced onions, tomatoes, lettuce and even some finely diced jalepena peppers. After you have all that in place mash up an avacado mixed with some mayo and salt and place it over this dish along with a little sour cream. Some salsa goes good also. Makes some real good snackin. I use it for dinner sometimes. Goes good with a margarita or a good cold beer. Try it, you'll like it.
Small Block

You can't seem to find great nachos in the restaurants these days

Oh you want good nachos in a restaurant. Then don't go to "Heroes Bar & Grill" in Fullerton, CA. You sure won't get good nachos there, you'll get GREAT nachos!
My wife and I go down there and split a half-order for dinner occassionally, and still can't finish it.
Huge mound of corn tortilla chips covered with chili, ground beef, melted jack and cheddar cheeses, sliced olives, chopped red and green onions, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, chopped cilantro, with sour cream on one side and guacamole on the other, and a side of their signature salsa.
Also, for those who may occassionally enjoy a cold brew, they have 119 different beers on tap.

And they have a monthly car show!

Oh you want good nachos in a restaurant. Then don't go to "Heroes Bar & Grill" in Fullerton, CA. You sure won't get good nachos there, you'll get GREAT nachos!
My wife and I go down there and split a half-order for dinner occassionally, and still can't finish it.
Huge mound of corn tortilla chips covered with chili, ground beef, melted jack and cheddar cheeses, sliced olives, chopped red and green onions, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, chopped cilantro, with sour cream on one side and guacamole on the other, and a side of their signature salsa.
Also, for those who may occassionally enjoy a cold brew, they have 119 different beers on tap.

And they have a monthly car show!

Im in when is the show?

Geez Ocdart, you could go broke in that place!! Glad they're not up here in the Bay Area!

Sorry Popdart, didn't have anything to contribute. Crawling back into my hole....

my future bride uses a block of valveeta and one can of rotell and 1/2 a pound of fried hamburger

first you fry the burger
then you put the brick in the slow cooker and melt it and add milk accordlingly keep it thick
then add the rotell juce and all
then throw in the burger
then lay chips out and ladel this over it mmmmmmmm goood

Alot of guys are looking here, but not many recipes . . . . I knew it would be thin, thats why I started it, not many people make their own. So far, a couple of good ones and a great location, too bad I'm so far away. Rog

Hamburger browned and a package of burrito seasoning
A layer of chips I get from a local tortilla place
Black beans scattered over the chips
Lumps of refried beans scattered over the chips.
Nuke the chips and beans a little while, 40 seconds in my microwave
Scatter the hamburger over the beans and chips
Layer of colby jack cheese
Nuke the whole thing another 40-45 seconds
Sour cream and fresh guac dolloped on top.

Quick and easy and good. I also put hot salsa or fresh diced jalapenos on top of mine, the wife and kids think it's too hot like that though.

everyones is better than mine. mines just chips with velveta cheese and shredded four cheese blend and melt in oven on broil for 3 minutes on aluminum foil. then pretty much set on coffee table and enjoy

My wife and kids love nachos, I make them for dinner almost once a week. We keep it simple and quick. I use ground turkey and taco seasoning. 1 layer of chips, grated sharp cheddar and meat, more chips and cheddar and meat. Then into the microwave to melt the cheese the rest of the way (meat will melt it some). Once out of the micro add diced tomato, sour cream, homemade guacamole, salsa, and I like sliced black olives on mine.

The kids make there own too which is fun.

Popdart, just try the ones me and OC described and you'll be on the right track. Done deal. You'll be addicted.
Shiifty, that bride to be of yours is..........we'll lets just say you've done very well for yourself even if she never made a nacho. Take care of that one.
Small Block

I like small cut grilled chicken with tons of guacamole, cheese, and sour cream. Gotta have some jalapeños and black olives too but that's just my taste. Santitos chips are pretty crunchy and salty too.

thanks small block I cant agree more shes great, I am starting to get hungry for some micro nachos though.

lol Small Block . . . yours looks great :notworth: and I totally agree, eaten with a cold MGD :drinkers:(my preference!) . . . . some of the others look very appetizing also . . . . thanks for all the responses . . . but . . . come on, more more!! :cheers:

my future bride uses a block of valveeta and one can of rotell and 1/2 a pound of fried hamburger

first you fry the burger
then you put the brick in the slow cooker and melt it and add milk accordlingly keep it thick
then add the rotell juce and all
then throw in the burger
then lay chips out and ladel this over it mmmmmmmm goood

I do the same, but substitute spicy sausage for the hamburger, sprinkle shredded cheese on top, sour cream or guac on the side... dang, I just drooled on my keyboard.

simple nachos...my wife doesn't like the 'gross' green stuff...:)

Use left over grilled chicken breast.

Spread out the Chips on a cookie sheet.
Chop/shed the chick, place on Nachos.
Cut some cheese...did I just say that...place cut cheese over the chicken.
A little black pepper.
Pre heat oven to 350 degress.
Place in oven for 6 minutes, which should just melt the cheese about right.

Of course you can put just about anything else on there if you like green stuff...or maters or whatever else.

But these are simple nachos and you get rid of leftover chicken this way.

Okay here is what I do. I will have to kill you afterwards.

Heat a pan of corn oil. Get it hot enough that when you drop a corn tortilla piece in it sizzles and lets off a bunch of bubbles, but not hot enough to make noise on its own. Trust me you will know when that happens.

Cut 32 or so corn tortillas into chip size pieces, like a wagon wheel. Then put a stack in the hot oil and cook until they are just starting to turn golden brown. Make sure you stir them and cook both sides. No one likes a soggy chip. Once done take them and put them into a bowl lined with paper towels. Salt and put hot sauce ( I like Crystal's) to taste. After cooking all the chips spread them onto a cookie sheet.

Take a rump roast and put it in the oven covered with pace picante sauce, a can of LA Costena Chipotle peppers, and Diced Jalapenos. Put the roast in the oven in a pot of sorts ( i use cheap cast iron) and cover. Then cook for 6 hours at 250 Degrees. Take the meat out and it will shred on its own. Take the meat and spread it all over the chips.

Take and shred fresh Sharp Cheddar cheese. Top the meat with the cheeese.

Add whatever you like, I top with black beans, tomatoes diced, and green onions.

Put it back in the 250 degree oven for a few minutes looking to menlt the cheese completely.

Once its out then top with fresh guacamole and sour cream!

Then pig out! Yum.

Okay here is what I do. I will have to kill you afterwards.

Heat a pan of corn oil. Get it hot enough that when you drop a corn tortilla piece in it sizzles and lets off a bunch of bubbles, but not hot enough to make noise on its own. Trust me you will know when that happens.

Cut 32 or so corn tortillas into chip size pieces, like a wagon wheel. Then put a stack in the hot oil and cook until they are just starting to turn golden brown. Make sure you stir them and cook both sides. No one likes a soggy chip. Once done take them and put them into a bowl lined with paper towels. Salt and put hot sauce ( I like Crystal's) to taste. After cooking all the chips spread them onto a cookie sheet.

Take a rump roast and put it in the oven covered with pace picante sauce, a can of LA Costena Chipotle peppers, and Diced Jalapenos. Put the roast in the oven in a pot of sorts ( i use cheap cast iron) and cover. Then cook for 6 hours at 250 Degrees. Take the meat out and it will shred on its own. Take the meat and spread it all over the chips.

Take and shred fresh Sharp Cheddar cheese. Top the meat with the cheeese.

Add whatever you like, I top with black beans, tomatoes diced, and green onions.

Put it back in the 250 degree oven for a few minutes looking to menlt the cheese completely.

Once its out then top with fresh guacamole and sour cream!

Then pig out! Yum.

We might have a WINNER!

-
Back