glad to be here

-

donutt1974

Reaction score
We have a sweet 1974 Plymouth Scamp we are trying to get 15" wheels and tires under. After putting the tires on the car, I have about an inch of gap on the drivers side and the passenger side is touching. I tried putting some long travel air shocks under the car and cannot get the body off of the tires. I welcome any and all suggestions.

What size tires?... and pics would be nice....welcome.

Welcome to the site, yeah, 1'' difference is quite a bit.
The production tolerances on these cars wasn't great to start with, but that is way too much to be factory IMHO.
Has the car ever been in an accident?
Is it the front end, rear end of the car, or both?
It sounds like the rear to me, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was both ends.
Did you measure the spring perches side to side for centering and the wheel offset?
If that all checks out, I would be taking it to a place with a good frame machine to check it out and corrected as needed.
Pics would go a long way here........

Last edited:
We have a sweet 1974 Plymouth Scamp we are trying to get 15" wheels and tires under. After putting the tires on the car, I have about an inch of gap on the drivers side and the passenger side is touching. I tried putting some long travel air shocks under the car and cannot get the body off of the tires. I welcome any and all suggestions.
[ When I pull my head out and remember where I put the cord for my camera.

I will get back. After looking at the pics on my camera, I need to get some more.

-
Back