Glass hood

-

DartOS

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or used a Penstar 6-pack hood from meltzerberncars in Warminster,PA ?

Thats where I got mine. It needed a little finish work, but is very nice. They re-inforce them well for bolt on apps, but you will still need lighter hood springs. I just posted a pic of my car with the new hood!

Look through the body forum on here. You will find several places where they are available. I haven't bought any yet, but will be soon

Judging from the pics of your car I can't see you using something second rate. Although I never found the pics with the new hood installed, I'm leaning towards purchasing the Penstar hood. Thanks

I added the chrome trim(epoxied on) to make it look a little more finished, but it was good without it too.

Attachments

• Swinger 2012 003 (Small).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 122
i bought one and had nothing but headaches with it. The hinges would not align ... the hood was twisted... chipped like crazy.. did not match the cowl arc.

It was reinforced really well but a lot of work to make it work/time was ahead to make it work.

Contacted penstar for some help or anything with no return on any form of contact.

I would not even consider them an option for a fiberglass hood. I could of used a fiberglass boat that would of fit better then their hood. My body man looked at the hood when i brought it to him and he literally threw it in the garbage and asked if i could get my money back... which was a NO ... cause i never could get a hold of them again.

Still waiting for moparfest 2012 to throw the hood at them and be sure nobody else buys from them

i have no recomendation for a fiberglass hood ... but if i ever buy another one i will pay the hard earned cash for the AAR (based on opinions off this website)

-
Back