GM caliper on my 66 Cuda?

-

999yards

Reaction score
I've had my 66 Barracuda for a few years now and have put many miles on it. The front right caliper needed replacing so I took it off last weekend. It is then when I discovered its GM caliper. It was already converted to a five lug front disk brakes before I got it.

Question is whether or not a GM caliper just so happens to fit Mopar suspension or do I need to dig further into it?

The caliper is a single piston floating type from years 79-02.

Lost contact with the previous owner.

Pitchers would be a great help.

That's an interesting kit. Certainly allows the use of a prolific, easy to find and possibly superior caliper.

The summit disc brake swap kit i bought years ago for my dart had gm calipers in it. i think it was a lower level SSBC kit they rebadged. i would just replace or rebuild the calipers and roll with what you have, considering off the shelf swap kits are readily using them.

Yea I don't mind even though I am a purist. Don't know what a Mopar caliper costs but the GM one I picked up from advance auto in stock was only $25.

I was worried that someone did a hack job when I first discovered it.

I wouldn't worry about the purist thing. Use what WORKS.

Pitchers would be a great help.

here ya go, but i really don't see how they will help with a brake caliper..:)

091611-MLB-pitchers-G2_20110916211433466_600_400.JPG

hi-res-163554376-pitcher-masahiro-tanaka-of-japan-pitches-in-the-fifth_crop_north.jpg

84091d1398562114-direct-indianapolis-water-pitchers-1.jpg

lol

always one in every crowd.

The Scarebird conversions use a GM caliper also.

X2 they are the right size and design to do the job. Just consider it a Delco/ Moraine brake part just like Mopar used Kelsey Hayes calipers.

-
Back