Gm & Chrysler

-
Hell yeah! It probably doesn't matter too much though; Cerberus will probably find some other way to dump Chrysler.

Cerberus should sell 49% of Chrysler in a public offering, thus raising
capital and keeping the company independant of GM, which has a history of
selling off assets to stave off bankruptcy. Then, sell 20% to Nissan in
exchange for contractual guarantees for the truck deal. This would in
effect, "bail out" Chrysler, while giving Cerberus the chance to increase
the value of its holding via actual work to add value to the company.

GM should sell GMAC and restructure the company to fit the 21st century
demands it is facing.

Then, the government should pay each car company for the R&D they did in the
E85 crap. The politicians misled the public and the car companies into
thinking this was the next big thing. It is NOT. The Chevy Volt, and the
Chrysler vehicles, and I'm sure Ford has one lurking, are the next wave.
Then the auto industry should be mandated to do something really simple:
make CNG/LP compatible vehicles. With current gasoline FI, it would be VERY
easy to make a "dual fuel" vehicle.

That would boost the auto industry with far less outlay by the public via
bailout. It would also keep as many jobs as possible, and hopefully lead to
a renaissance in the domestic auto industry. Lets face it, Nissan has cash
(offering to buy 20% of Chrysler) and Toyota isn't in trouble, nor are Mazda
or Honda. Perhaps its time to hire a manager from one of those companies
that knows the business model well enough to allow the domestics to stay out
of the public pocket when a downturn comes along.

Looks like things are on hold for now....

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/GM-Chrysler-Merger-Talks-Hold/story.aspx?guid={2FB906C2-B5BE-46A8-9CB0-46345D281B92}

Yes, it looks like the merger is off. GM, Chrysler, and Ford are all in separate talks with the government about loans to keep the three afloat.

Let's just do our part to help get this country back on track and bring back some industry. I'd hate to see any of the three companies go belly up.

Why ask a question when you answer it dumb ***. You can see where i live. Now please tell me when Chrysler made a decent vehicle.
Dumb ***? The only dumb *** here is you. You can't even freaking read. I said Bakersfield CHINA, MORON. You know, Sarcasm? Look it up. They make plenty of "decent" vehicles right now. My wife's 2003 Neon has almost 90K on it and not one problem, ever. I put well over 100K on my '86 GLHS including a lot of hard autocross and road race miles and no problems there either. I think my Barracuda is a pretty decent car as well. Why don't you do us all a favor and get lost? Go hang out on the Honda forums. In fact, if you think this country sucks so much why don't you move the hell out of it. You will not be missed.

Max340 Regarding Mazda,ford Owns Most Of It..all Big 3 Better Pull Up Their Socks Real Fast Or They Will All Be Hurting.i Know Ford Is Making Ecoboost Motors(turbos)on All Makes By 2010.(ford Employee)

I like the way our news media does what it can,to help promote American made products,just by how they word it. I read an article this morning,on reliability of domestic cars. Almost one fourth of GM cars,rated average or below. Why not over 75% rated average or above. Our news media is all about the glass half empty,instead of half full.
I"ll tell on myself. My daily driver is an '03 Monte Carlo. 127,000 trouble free,30 mpg,miles.

I like the way our news media does what it can,to help promote American made products,just by how they word it. I read an article this morning,on reliability of domestic cars. Almost one fourth of GM cars,rated average or below. Why not over 75% rated average or above. Our news media is all about the glass half empty,instead of half full.
I"ll tell on myself. My daily driver is an '03 Monte Carlo. 127,000 trouble free,30 mpg,miles.
Funny that they didn't mention it when in 2006 Toyota became the first manufacturer in history to recall more vehicles than they actually sold. Funny that they do not mention the hundreds of thousands of recalls and problems that Toyota, Nissan, and even Honda experience every year.

-
Back