Go Phillies !!! Who's Your World Series Pick?

-

homecloned

Can't re Member
Reaction score
Even if you hate both teams. Heck, let me know if you hate baseball all together.
I grew up outside of Philly(Reading) and was a fan from @1975 untill the Rays inception.
We play the Yankees and they are in our division. AL East. Their fans at the games are very obnoxious. Not as bad as Boston though.

The wife wont let me go when we play either team anymore. :drinkers: :argue: :boxing: :violent1: :drinkers:.

Well C.C. got spanked last night. At home. Hit the shower. :cheers:

Sorry ramenth. 8)

what a great game last night. phills ripped that home field advantage right away from them.. Lee was on fire. love it baby... :)

hopefully pedro can continue it tonight!!! im a tigers fan but im rooting for the phills. i hate the yankees!!!! :thebirdm:

I wouldn't say C.C. got 'spanked' - 7 innings, 4 hits and 2 runs? I'd take that any night. What was dumb though was throwing anywhere NEAR Utley during the second at bat. I could not believe he threw that same pitch in the same location. Of course he's going to hit it, that's where he likes it. That was bad.

Yankees did not compete last night, they were terrible. Cliff Lee was staggering but come on, the hitters failed to show up. Matsui is useless.

Lee was outstanding last night! No jitters for being there for the 1st time. Gotta love the behind the back catch. You knew at that point it was his game. Looks like Steinbrenner needs Tommy Lasorda's weight watcher plan!! He has to have his own box with the space his arse takes up. Holy, must've ate a hotdog for every K that Lee got. A-rod looked good eh??? I dont even think he hit a raindrop swingin like that. Go Phillies!!

I wouldn't say C.C. got 'spanked' - 7 innings, 4 hits and 2 runs? I'd take that any night. What was dumb though was throwing anywhere NEAR Utley during the second at bat. I could not believe he threw that same pitch in the same location. Of course he's going to hit it, that's where he likes it. That was bad.

he got out pitched big time.. cc looked to get rattled to me..

Yankees did not compete last night, they were terrible. Cliff Lee was staggering but come on, the hitters failed to show up. Matsui is useless.

so typical... the batters didn't show up because Lee made them look that way.

I absolutely loathe the Yankees and A-Fraud so I'm going for the Phillies. It's the lesser of two for me because I can't stand Utley. However watching A-Fraud lose would be oh so sweet.

Congrats Phillie fans..but tonight is a different game with different results Pedro gets spanked tonight...GO YANKEES!!!

Lee pitched an outstanding game-- makes you wonder about the Indians-- they had both of the starting pitchers on that team --wow!!

I absolutely loathe the Yankees and A-Fraud so I'm going for the Phillies. It's the lesser of two for me because I can't stand Utley. However watching A-Fraud lose would be oh so sweet.

what the heck don't you like about utley? he just goes out there and plays.

True.

Lee's breaking ball was sharp, but the Yanks helped him out a lot by swinging at it in the dirt. Everyone in the stadium knew it was coming and they still couldn't lay off. No plate discipline last night like you expect from this team.

he got out pitched big time.. cc looked to get rattled to me..

so typical... the batters didn't show up because Lee made them look that way.

I wouldn't say he got 'out pitched big time', he actually did fairly well for not being his usual lights-out self. As I said above, 7 innings, 4 hits and two runs is definitely a quality start.

And why is it not OK to begrudge my team for not showing up at the plate? I'm pissed that they looked so lost, it's like they abandoned all their patience and plate coverage and just started waving at pitches like they were blindfolded. You'dve said the same thing if the Phils couldn't hit C.C.

Lee pitched great, true but he's not unhittable.

Gloat all you want Yankee haters but it's only one game. This team knows how to come from behind and grind out wins, they've done it all year.

I'm a Midwesterner at heart so I'll have to go with the Phillies. I'm not much of a baseball fan although I'll go to a game now and then. It's hard for me watch on TV as I have a tendency to snooze.

Poor Cubbies, will they ever get a WS win?

n661129898_9244.jpg

While I hate baseball.... I will watch the Series.

GO PHILLIES !!!!

Dump the Yanks !

:poke:

-RPM

Yankees in six..because i want them to win it all in front of their fans..GO YANKEES!!!

Even if you hate both teams. Heck, let me know if you hate baseball all together.
I grew up outside of Philly(Reading) and was a fan from @1975 untill the Rays inception.
We play the Yankees and they are in our division. AL East. Their fans at the games are very obnoxious. Not as bad as Boston though.

The wife wont let me go when we play either team anymore. :drinkers: :argue: :boxing: :violent1: :drinkers:.

Sorry ramenth. 8)
I like baseball and watch it sometimes but don't know sqwadoooch about this year's or last years season, I have never been to a pro baseball game.
Just one pro football game, I watched Woren Moon with the Oiler and Jim Evert ST. Louis Rams play in Memphis, or was Jim Evert with the L.A Ram's :read2:
I bet you have had some great times :cheers:

I like baseball and watch it sometimes but don't know sqwadoooch about this year's or last years season, I have never been to a pro baseball game.
Just one pro football game, I watched Woren Moon with the Oiler and Jim Evert ST. Louis Rams play in Memphis, or was Jim Evert with the L.A Ram's :read2:
I bet you have had some great times :cheers:
You bet. I was at the very first rays game against Detroit(we lost).
Here are some pic at a rays game from about 4 years ago. This is my step son Doug with a foul ball he caught. My son Justin and then the gang.
I think we are playing Baltimore here, notice the empty seats. :angry7:
We used to go the 5-10 games a year now its about 2. We did see the Phillies this year(Rays won).:-D
There is nothing like the feeling of walking into the ballpark.

PDRM0034 (Custom).JPG

PDRM0032 (Custom).JPG

PDRM0033 (Custom).JPG

PDRM0027 (Custom).JPG

-
Back