• Yes to go wing

Votes: 47 35.1%
  • No to go wing

Votes: 87 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
'F' the Wing.

Look how clean the original sales ad looks.

11466867635_076f310039_z.jpg

If you like the wing, put it on. F the ones who try to tell you what to do with your car.

Actually this would be the very spot to say you do or don't like the wing on his car.... that is exactly what he asked in his original post.

well plenty of opinions for his poll!!
on a side note, Ma Mopar didn't make a scoop for the 68-70 charger, as the d esigners felt it would hurt the beautiful flow of the lines of the car.
I have had original E and A cars with wings and I personally like them better without. just me.....

this is what the car will look like when I get done . to give you a better Idea to wing it or Not

Thats gonna be a sweet Swinger... Me personally, I wouldnt put the wing on that car.. However, it doesnt matter what I think.. lol.. If you like the wing, go for it dude.. life is short..

Also, when you get closer to the point of adding the wing (when the cars all ready and in paint) mock a go-wing up with some styrofoam and cardboard... place it on the car, and just leave it there a day or two.. walk around the car.. See what you think, before you commit to drilling holes.. Just a thought

Wings are so ghetto. You may as well accompany that wing with ground effects lighting, a Big Foot gas pedal, chrome fender strips, fake HID projectors, and a phony cellular antennae from the early 1990s.

Wings are so ghetto. You may as well accompany that wing with ground effects lighting, a Big Foot gas pedal, chrome fender strips, fake HID projectors, and a phony cellular antennae from the early 1990s.

I think you just completely described the coolest car I could ever had imagined... but I would definitely put a fart pipe hanging down at a 20 degree slope sticking out past the rear bumper about 6", but that's just me.

I think that there may be a lot of folks that have a dislike for wings because they associate them with the rice grinders. When the car market was invaded by the swarm of those micromachines it was an omen that foretold the demise of the musclecar. When they started putting wings on them it was like putting lipstick on a pig. You couldn't disguise the fact that they were still rice grinders. A spoiler on the deck lid of one of them was akin to a chip on their shoulders - just begging you to slap it off.

That having been said, I really do like spoilers on certain cars. The images that members have posted of their 'winged' cars all look really good. Now if I could just get that annoying 'grinder' image out of my mind when I see them...

Well, yes. It isn't just the rice burners that I'm thinking of in that adding a coffee can muffler and a pissing Calvin sticker doesn't make your mom's Honda any faster. And neither does festooning one's classic car in clownish accessories from the JC Whitney catalog. But more than that I'm thinking about real supercars - Ferrari, Bugatti, etc. Those cars need actual rear downforce with the aid of a wing. Now that that has become common gearhead knowledge, any car you see with a wing that isn't a million-dollar supercar designed to set record lap times around the Nurburgring, it obviously doesn't need the wing.

So every time you see a sub-150mph car with a rear wing it's hard not to think, "Yeah, buddy. That Dodge Ares sure needs down force. Uh huh. Way to keep it subtle."

I mean, I love my muscle cars as much as the next guy, but let's be honest about the downforce issue. My 'Cuda has 300hp - but lack of downforce doesn't really present an issue.

All of which, of course, is my own humble opinion.

i took mine off and gave it away so i guess my answer would be "no go wing"every time i see a car with a wing i want to walk up behind it and and push it around like a grocery cart lol

I try not to be as harsh as some when voicing my opinion on the wings. Even though I've said I probably wouldn't install one on a Dart body I'd own, I think they do look good in the pics that were posted.

I think a GTO Judge without one would never look complete. - Nor would a bunch of other cars that came from the factory equipped with one. There were a lot of options offered that were more cosmetic than functional.

Like I said, it's a matter of personal preference for each of us. If we each wanted our cars to look exactly the same as each others, we might as well start driving Chebbies. DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID!!!

View attachment 1970_GTO_Judge_Hardtop.jpg

View attachment 1970_pontiac_firebird_transam.jpg

View attachment Capture.jpg

View attachment Capture1.jpg

View attachment Capturew.jpg

View attachment IMG_4436.jpg

View attachment myhurst3.jpg

View attachment v.JPG

I think this car would look a lot better with a set of rallye wheels.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 142
Thats gonna be a sweet Swinger... Me personally, I wouldnt put the wing on that car.. However, it doesnt matter what I think.. lol.. If you like the wing, go for it dude.. life is short..

Also, when you get closer to the point of adding the wing (when the cars all ready and in paint) mock a go-wing up with some styrofoam and cardboard... place it on the car, and just leave it there a day or two.. walk around the car.. See what you think, before you commit to drilling holes.. Just a thought

Correct,

Make a 'mock' Wing, then throw it away............

Thanks for all the comments and input Guys But I think I will go wingless for now as I do like the lines of the car and it will have the bee stripe on it and I also think it might be to much going on on the back end of the car if the wing was on . I also just priced what a wing will cost me and I am looking at 550.00 for a complete wing . Bit of a hard pill to swallow right now

-
Back