Going into 5th with only 4 gears

-
Why not a Nailhead with LongRam?........with better exhaust and lesser chrome......

Nailhead & LongRam.jpg

Why not a Nailhead with LongRam?........with better exhaust and lesser chrome......

View attachment 1715162090
My brother is bulding a '29 coupe wtith a 3"chop-really nice! He was going to do an early hemi, but thought it would be too expensive! Nailhead turned out to be just as expensive in the long run. He also ended up stretching the frame 3 inches to make it fit. LOOKS AWESOME with triple carbs!

a dodge red ram or super red ram is smaller than the desoto or the chrysler . 241 or 270 are small enough that you could run a hood for a sleeper look .

Milner coupe is over done. As much as I love the coupe I see alot of them around. Similar to the over done general Lee.

I want something different than the yawn fest small block Chevy.

I do have a 340 kicking around but it needs a rebuild. I wanted to do this half *** cheap but reliable.
The wife has already claimed this model a as hers. She loves a manual trans so that is the only requirement. She ain't very tall maybe hitting the 5 feet and maybe 110 lbs soaking wet.

I know I am planning fitech for ease of tuning.

I vote any kind of hemi . I saw a Toyota v 8 hemi in an old hotrod, it idled like a swiss watch and looked cool as he__, but no one including me ,could figure out what it was . Guy said only 2 in the U.S. !!

'55 Chevy ragtop been in this neighborhood for many years with that Toy hemi. The owner/builder told me the motor was a refugee from an 80s Toy limosine.

Always had a hard on for the ardun conversion. But why? When you can go hemi and do the same thing for a lot less
Because the Hemi thing has been done. Dare to be different. Even a supercharged flathead would be cooler then a Hemi. Faster, no, but cooler.

'55 Chevy ragtop been in this neighborhood for many years with that Toy hemi. The owner/builder told me the motor was a refugee from an 80s Toy limosine.

Interesting, the guy here that had the little Jap. hemi said the only other one was in Cal., the old guy has surely passed away by now, I wonder what became of his . If I remember right, seemed like he said it was around 260 cubic inches. The rest according to him, were destroyed by Toyota, they wee supposedly built as a racing engine , but didn`t fly for some reason. ''Probably outlawed by nascar !!??????????

Interesting, the guy here that had the little Jap. hemi said the only other one was in Cal., the old guy has surely passed away by now, I wonder what became of his . If I remember right, seemed like he said it was around 260 cubic inches. The rest according to him, were destroyed by Toyota, they wee supposedly built as a racing engine , but didn`t fly for some reason. ''Probably outlawed by nascar !!??????????

Remember seeing a Toy hemi hot rod in a car magazine, must be in late seventies or early eighties R&C, not a feature car, just the pic of the hot rod at a reunion.........will have to go through hundred of magazines to find it..........

V8's are so played.

Slant six with side drafts and six in a row velocity stacks.

That, or a straight eight.

Or a rotary engine.

Got 2 1926 Dodges with that in mind...slant with 3 'dual Weber' style injection throttle bodies in one, turbo'd slant in the other :)

Those Toyota Hemi's aren't that rare. I've seen them at salvage yards!

I've seen Hemi-badged Mitsu-Mopars too. There is a Hemi badge from one around here somewhere.

I've always thought FE engines were cool looking. A 390/428 would be a different engine to swap. Still pretty reasonable to find, buy, and hop up too.

Those Toyota Hemi's aren't that rare. I've seen them at salvage yards!

I've seen Hemi-badged Mitsu-Mopars too. There is a Hemi badge from one around here somewhere.
About all foreign engines have been hemi`s for yrs., the one in particular wasn`t distributed or put in production from what I understand . According to the guy that had the one I saw, they (Toyota)
even tried to get his !

If you're going to run Hemi v8, get some of those conversion heads for small blocks.

I've always thought FE engines were cool looking. A 390/428 would be a different engine to swap. Still pretty reasonable to find, buy, and hop up too.
428 block 360 truck crank FE .. 396 if I remember right that allegedly revs like no FE should be allowed to :thumbsup:

-
Back