Going Racing!

-
Darn, missed it by 10 horsepower.
Slipping in my old age.
Should run right what i said, easy 9.70’s in a 3100 pound car, if things are even close to working as they should. Big thing being the vert, as it almost always is

That engine should make at least 700 hp. If it doesn’t there is something wrong.
9.60’s in the 1/4 off the trailer

i agree with that. My W5 did, and the numbers backed up at the track..140@ 3220… At that point it was a hair over 14 to 1, 1 7/8 TTI header, Victor W2, 727, 5400 vert. 1100 dominator.
These heads should be a bit better than W5’s. Bigger valve, more cross section.
But you cant race Dyno’s… real test is at the track.
We have no idea what the cam is on this motor, couldn't tell what carb was used either.
At 3100 pounds, those heads “ should” be able to go 142 or so on gas, maybe even a hair better, but that’s really optimizing the combo to its capabilities, little things like gas porting, ring pack, etc, etc really help ring up the numbers at the track.

• X Block sleeved @.060 416 project build @IMM Engines
  • Stroked with Molnar Rotating assembly
  • Wiseco gas ported dome pistons 14.5:1
  • Indy 360-1 rectangular port. Ported @ Indy and finished by Brian
  • Flow @322cfm
  • Harland Sharp 1.6 rockers
  • Comp cam custom Roller .720 lift
  • Indy 360-3R intake
  • Kevko oil pan
  • TTI 1-7/8” 2 Race headers 3-1/2” collectors
  • 4.10 gear
  • Reverse manual 727
  • 5000 stall from Alan @ A-1
  • 29” Hoosiers
  • Going in a 3100lb 72’ Duster
Bolted to the engine Dyno ready for some pulls on Monday.

Very nice! IMM is great too. I like the way the dyno operator pulls the throttle BEFORE the dyno starts to load the engine. Well done guys, now have some fun!

I like that Brian's dyno shows the actual hp and the correct hp......

Made many a trip to Indio…. Only a 2hr trek if I set the cruise on felony.

5k converter….. hopefully you’ll have a data recorder to how that effects things.

Decent numbers, what size carb is that and was the intake ported at all? Here is a sheet from a 428" Indy T/A headed deal ( heavily modified ) with 14.5 comp. a 1000 cfm 4150 and a heavily ported Super Victor

IMG_0009 (1).JPEG

what heads are those?
The Indy T/A heads that were CNC ported from them, which were standard Edelbrocks that Indy bought half finished and moved the push rod over and put a 2.05 valve in them........from there and I would never do this again but they were moved even further, more porting done, a 2.08 valve put in them and the intake was ported beautifully. This was before I made the switch over to the W series heads and WAY TOO MUCH MONEY AND EFFORT was put into these.

Or more commonly referred to as the Indybrocks, LOL

thats what i thought
784 horse with those heads?
I will flat out say that dyno is mighty happy. Mighty happy.
I would have a very hard time believing even 684.
Sorry, nothing personal, just stating what i think, cant believe others havent said the same thing..but i don't worry about being politically correct, maybe others do.
Apologies in advance if i read that sheet wrong

thats what i thought
784 horse with those heads?
I will flat out say that dyno is mighty happy. Mighty happy.
I would have a very hard time believing even 684.
Sorry, nothing personal, just stating what i think, cant believe others havent said the same thing..but i don't worry about being politically correct, maybe others do.
Apologies in advance if i read that sheet wrong
The dyno is 2.5% off and has been proved to be with subsequent tests on that dyno and then a Superflo with the same engine. The engine is nothing like you think it is......a total mess to be honest.......it was a mistake to spend that much money on it but that was then and this is now. I 100% believe that this engines intake and heads are the best in the country, period, but with that said for what it took to get there may not be something i'm proud to say either.

2.5% off the 5% numbers that the other dyno was off. Lol. Or was it 8% let me flip a quarter.

2.5% off the 5% numbers that the other dyno was off. Lol. Or was it 8% let me flip a quarter.
Yeah John i'm sure that the other shop who EXCLUSIVELY only builds 358 and 410 sprint car engines ONLY.......zero private customer work and only those 2 engine platforms has a " happy dyno "........Since your such a genius with your hacked up worn out **** why don't you tell me what the engine made?

Yeah John i'm sure that the other shop who EXCLUSIVELY only builds 358 and 410 sprint car engines ONLY.......zero private customer work and only those 2 engine platforms has a " happy dyno "........Since your such a genius with your hacked up worn out **** why don't you tell me what the engine made?

Post up a time slip.

Post up a time slip.
Never was ran, it was a car I had bought for my father to race and he did for several years with the 493 that was in it originally but he passed away before he could run this new setup and the car was only legal to run 10.00's and so after that I tore it apart and sent it off to a fab shop and they put a new 8.50 cage in it with parachute and i'm currently in the process of redoing the entire interior with solid super stock red from Gary Ball and also purchased all new wiring and overhead switch panel from Race Wire Solutions to update the car but its not done yet with my other projects i'm working on as well.

Ohhhhh ok
The car was pretty nice as it was but was showing wear and tear from years of racing and after his passing I wanted to redo the whole car super nice in his memory and have made some progress but at this point in time the money just isn't there to redo the complete exterior of the car so it may just get the interior redone and then put back on the race track for now. I have nothing to prove to you nor nothing to hide......you already tried that crap when questioning my street/strip barracuda and I shut you up pretty quick with time slips and videos.

The car was pretty nice as it was but was showing wear and tear from years of racing and after his passing I wanted to redo the whole car super nice in his memory and have made some progress but at this point in time the money just isn't there to redo the complete exterior of the car so it may just get the interior redone and then put back on the race track for now. I have nothing to prove to you nor nothing to hide......you already tried that crap when questioning my street/strip barracuda and I shut you up pretty quick with time slips and videos.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. You didn’t shut me up as I miss most of your posts. I could spend mucho money to go fast to but I race on my terms on stuff I do with my own hands. I enjoy that as much as anything and always did. I’ll probably make some fast passes this year if I get busy and get more active. When you are 65 and get sick for basically a year it takes the wind out of your sales. I wish now that I would have not gone nitrous friendly with my big engine as I sacrificed a lot of NA horsepower.

Thank you about my dad, and I also want to apologize for some of the things I have said to you.....I can be mean sometimes and wish I could change it but it seems to be who I am. I hope your health gets better as I unfortunately am going through some things too at 50 that are slowing me down which is aggravating. Good luck with your racing this year.

Thank you about my dad, and I also want to apologize for some of the things I have said to you.....I can be mean sometimes and wish I could change it but it seems to be who I am. I hope your health gets better as I unfortunately am going through some things too at 50 that are slowing me down which is aggravating. Good luck with your racing this year.

Thank you and I hope your health issues are temporary. We need a good 2022 as I think everyone is becoming short tempered.

-
Back