going to my first gun show tomorrow.....

-

HemiMark

Reaction score
I'm going to buy 2 of these tomorrow... one for me and one for my wife...

just to be safe

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 245
Right on. Will you conceal carry or is this for the home? I am not the biggest fan of the .380, but if you are confident and are accurate, you'll be fine in an emergency! Aim is more important than caliber. I have a .40 S&W M&P for work and a .40 Sub-compact Springfield XD for backup.

I have a .40 S&W M&P for work

I have the same gun. Great pistol, but not a fan of how much creep there is with the trigger safety.

S&W still makes some great pistols. Although not a big fan of .380 unless you are shooting something closer than 10 ft., but I guess that is what a sub-compact is for. I would find that the bullet would tumble at short distances and negating any benefit of a hollow point. My .02 cents.

Right. Definitely a short range caliber. We went from a .40 Beretta Centurion ( DAO .40 version of the 92) to the M&P, HUGE improvement!

My dad bought a S&W Sigma, VERY similar to the one HemiMark has posted up top, except no lazer, brand new back around 1992. I was very young when this happened, but I remember going to the gun shop. He used to keep it in his pocket on traffic stops for backup. That was a .380 as well. He traded in an old 6 shooter for it, so he must have felt o.k. with the .380!

Hollow points in a .45 only boys and girls! Life becomes so much easier after that.

very nice gun I was just at a gun show yesterday plus cabelas ganer moutain and a gun shop.... hahhaha been pricing out the beretta storm .40

My dad bought a S&W Sigma..

I had a Sigma .380 also. I couldn't hit anything with it unless I was right on top of it. I sold it to a buddy who still carries it in the console of his truck. I went up to the Baretta nine. It's a little bigger, but still easily concealable.

25784Small.jpg

Right on. Will you conceal carry or is this for the home? I am not the biggest fan of the .380, but if you are confident and are accurate, you'll be fine in an emergency! Aim is more important than caliber. I have a .40 S&W M&P for work and a .40 Sub-compact Springfield XD for backup.

I'm pretty sure I will carry it with me. :thumblef:

hey HemiMark...while your goin'...can you grab me a couple thousand rounds of .223?...and some 9MM hollow points?...a couple hundred rounds will do....for now

From my boy scout days......always be prepared

hey HemiMark...while your goin'...can you grab me a couple thousand rounds of .223?...and some 9MM hollow points?...a couple hundred rounds will do....for now

From my boy scout days......always be prepared

Vincent and I are leaving in 10 minutes. This is all part of being prepared. Gun, cash and food.

369 days till I get a Beretta 92. :D

This is just in looks. I still have no idea how something like that would feel for me, I'll get a better idea when I go shooting with my uncle in December.

I'm going to buy 2 of these tomorrow... one for me and one for my wife...

just to be safe

This was useful
http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

I bought one of these a while back.
I chose it for several reasons :
It was the only one with a full double action trigger every time.
It has a safety
It has a laser built in

What I didn't like about it was .
Because of the trigger, it took a lot of pull to get the shot off.
The laser is either on or blinking or off and isn't controlled by the trigger pull.

What I liked about it was
It's size. My brother got me a pocket holster and it fit nicely in my front or back pocket.

It's reliable if you have a misfire you can keep pulling the trigger til it goes boom.

It is fairly accurate for its size

I am happy with it and I hope I never really need to use it.

Range time is a must with this gun, it takes a least a box to get used to it.

Enjoy.

-
Back