Good brand of two point lift to buy

-

Moparmadness408

Reaction score
I was thinking about installing a two post lift in my garage area so I could work on project vehicles. And I want a good brand of lift that won’t break the bank. I want a 10,000 lb lift capacity. My optimal budget is in like the 3,000-3,500 dollar range.

Mine is a Challenger 11,000 lb unit. Excellent product. $3400 installed new in 2015. Prices now will surely be higher.
Avoid the cheap lifts....The prices are tempting but this is your car and you under it.

1 Nervous.png

Make sure you get big enough. I have a Challenger 7000 and it stuggles to lift my 2WD 2500 Dodge Cummins. Challenger, Mohawk are good brands. My neighbor has a big Mohawk and it makes my Challenger look like a toy

Rotary is a very good brand. Always buy higher weight capacity than what you may want.
I bought a Worth 9000#. Company out of Fort Worth Texas. Been using it for over 20 years now.Zero problems.

I have an Atlas 10K and it suits my needs. Now IMO if I were looking to actually max the lift out I would have moved right on to a Benpak and such. The problem is these companies today and their backroom deals on who is actually producing the product. I only use it as a hobbyist and am extremely careful with it.

Greg smith is who I got it from and they were great to deal with. Whatever you go with get a couple of stands to help stability when working under it. And maintain the Pads the vehicles sits on. That's a big deal....

JW

I have an Atlas 10,000 lbs lift. Yes it's made in China but it is certified. I've had it about 3 years and no problems. I also installed it myself not to hard to do. I think they are right in your price range.

I run a Benpak it has worked flawlessly. And has not even cracked the concrete. Please note I am just a hobby guy it is not in a shop going up and down all day long. Just my opinion but I think as long as you get any of the name brands mentioned on this thread you will likely be happy. They all have safety dogs you can hear engage with a very reassuring clunk!

The older I get the more I realize I need a lift...I actually have room for one now too! Good info to know, I see cheap ones and used ones all the time for sale but they make me nervous, I think I’d rather go brand new.

The older I get the more I realize I need a lift...I actually have room for one now too! Good info to know, I see cheap ones and used ones all the time for sale but they make me nervous, I think I’d rather go brand new.
The best thing I ever did. Not only to work on my project cars but also changing oil and working on our daily drivers.

Good luck on supply, as they're all on ships, but I've had no issues what so ever out of my 9F Direct Lift the past 10 years. I built the top truss between posts, as I didn't trust my floor with the cut seam so close to one post.
1969dartswingercleanup 342.JPG

carlift 071.JPG

I have a Weaver circa 9000 lb "floor plate" style lift at home, that Ive had for ~8 years now bought used from CL, for a price less than a "GOOD" floor jack can be bought for.... It has a chain under a plate that goes across the floor, no beam across the top. Symmetric style, equal length arms. I have yet to see one with columns as thick as the columns on this lift. and the floor plates.... about 2X the size of the 9k Rotary, the 9k ALM, and the 9 K (POS) Bend Pak we have at work. I hate that Bend Pak lift. The carriage or the rear arms are bent, gotta put a 4" extension on the rear pads to lift a flat square frame up level.

I've had guys tell me that the floor plate style gets in teh way for things like R&R'ing a trans with a trans jack, but I haven't had a single issue from that/ I've had my son's 92 W250 Cummins club up there, (wish he still had that truck) and his current 99 Ram 2500 4wd with the gas v10 up there and it doesn't even whimper.
Weaver has been around since like the 1920s, they came up with the 2 post in ground lift and the "other kind" of 2 post lift, the ones that lift at each axle that you have to operate a seperate lever for each axle......
Rotary bought them out in 1989 I guess...... I wish we had the Rotary's I got to use when I worked at the Firestone shop at work, definitely better made than the Rotary we have at work.

I was thinking about installing a two post lift in my garage area so I could work on project vehicles. And I want a good brand of lift that won’t break the bank. I want a 10,000 lb lift capacity. My optimal budget is in like the 3,000-3,500 dollar range.
Be careful if you buy a lift you will become more popular than a guy with a backhoe.

-
Back