Goodbye Meguiars Hello 3M

-

Badart

Reaction score
Been using Meguiars Diamond Cut, swirl remover and polish for the last few years, but I painted a 68 dart and have had a heck of a time removing wet sand scratches and in the clear. I mean I was having to make multiple passes in the same spot (like normal). I am sick of it!!!!! :banghead:

I decided to switch to something different. Tried 3M cutting compound today and it cuts so much better and clean up is so much easier, just wipes out of the body seams so easy too. Life is good.

I am just putting it out there. What's your experience?

Used to use 3m professional for cut and buff.Meguiars 7 for glaze.Seemed the 3m was more user friendly for me.

just make sure what every you use dosn't have silicon in it...

have fun trying to paint over it if it does lol...

owned by same company

I agree.

Meguiar family sold out to 3M a year ago or so. Barry is just an employee/figurehead at this point.

Shame a family company had to sell out like that.

I dont do much wet sanding anymore but when I was at the body shop we used Malco True Grit. Im now using Ardex hard at it for my heavy compounding and Mequiares 105 for lighter stuff. Followed by Mequiares 205 polish and Chemical Guys EZ cream. Top coat of wax depends on the car and customers wants.

Always used the Perfect It II system, compound, machine glaze, then finished with Race Glaze by hand.

I have had great luck with thePerfect it system.I usually use Martin Senour paints,works well.

-
Back