Goodbye Torqstorm, hello Spoolius Ceasar

-
20230211_142215.jpg

20230211_142203.jpg

What spring is in the gate?
This gate only comes with 2 springs... instructions and notes are both misleading and don't match. Summit racing 50mm piston wastegate 260074? I think Is the number.

Basically I have an inner and outer spring.
Outer spring alone gave me 4-6ish psi
Inner spring alone gave me about 10ish psi
They are not colored or marked. But I figured it out. So this will work for now. Lol

Here's at the lower boost. Pretty smooth aside from it spinning.

Last edited:
If you can control the boost that’s really all you need to worry about. If it’s a 6 pound spring and you can keep boost down near that at high rpm you’re good. If it creeps up with rpm you need to look at gate priority or size. Sounds good in the videos, I can’t wait to see what it does on a full pass at turned up some.

10 psi is fun on the street, but you’ll be yawning at that after the third pass on the track and wanting it turned up. It’s an addiction for sure.

Well. One spring is about 6psi and the other is about 4. Not sure if maybe the piston was hung up in the wastegate. But after swapping them a couple times it seems to work just fine.

I couldn't handle the hater pipe... it was so obnoxious. Rattle your brain obnoxious.
So I fixed it.

20230220_130334.jpg

20230220_130340.jpg

Sounds great! Nice chop and in your vids it sounds like the turbo is spooling up pretty quick. With that combo and turbo I’d say that at 10psi you’re already going to be making some crazy power. Probably well north of 600hp.

Kinda want a torquestorm now :) 5-6psi instead of doing a stroker might be fun.. til it explodes :)

sacrilege ..... but what about a ford thunderbolt bump on the hood?
I was thinking a sunoco hood, still have to notch for the exhaust housing I think. I'm not sure, I'll figure something eventually.

Well... I didn't want to tow it without a hood, let alone sit in a trailer in a hotel parking lot without a hood.

So I made mine fit.

Roadkill nights should be fun.

20230314_181041.jpg

-
Back