Goodmark vs AMD vs Sherman vs ??? who makes the best quarter panels?

-
I used the amd full quarters on my duster earlier this year. The guys at the body shop said they were great quality. They fit real well. The only area that needed a little bit of work is where the quarter windows are.

was looking to do full's. Downsr, that looks like it may be the way i go... just dont want a panel full of bondo when its done.
Not to be an ***, but I don't see why you are gonna make things harder on yourself just from one person's bad experience with a company. It seems like everyone else has had nothing but good experience. They are right down the road and I have been to the shop that puts their stuff together for their demos (American Resto Mod) and the body guiy there who built pretty much an entire '68 GTX from their panels said he didn't really have to mess with them that much. Same for their Cuda. He said it was way better than any of their competitors. I have seen a few of the panels that they used to make the dyes and they come off REAL cars and they spend quite a while tweaking them to be as close to that as possibly. But consider this, no two cars are the same and its hard to make parts for a car that wasn't oh so exactly made at the factory 40+ years ago.

Stay away from Sherman.

I had to use a set of quarter skins for a '70 Superbee, I ended up rolling the center body line in myself that was not present.

The wheel lips are about an inch too wide and the bumper relief was 2" too short! I had to rework it with a wooden buck made from the original shape on the old quarter and an air hammer with a custom head.

I'm wondering if I would have had less work in fixing the bondo hole drill dent pulled POS originals that were full of rust.

They look good, now, but I'll never buy anything from them.

Used OEM or AMD are the way to go.

first off, thanks to all for the input guys. It looks to me as if specific parts made by each company fit, or may fit. I need to know specifically for duster quarters as i have had no luck finding a used one.

i have goodmarks on my 74 duster, theyre more flat than rounded out like they should be for the liitle bit of coke bottle body shape. they lined up okay though but i wish i wouldve went with amd

ive used AMD full quarters on my 69 cuda, my buddies 70 duster, my uncles 71 gtx & im gona put them on my cousins 73 dart sport, they all fit great with no hard pushing & pulling they all lined right up

I used Goodmark because there were no AMD Barracuda 1/4s the body lines were not sharp at all if you can use them as a patch I would say there ok but stay away from the body lines

Attachments

• 2013-02-18_16-22-49_448.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 287
-
Back