got a forsale project going

-

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
I been trying to buy this car for a while,and it finally came up for sale.I bought it to fix it up a little,with some nice paint,put the rebuilt 904 i have in it,stick a cam,some 302 heads,headers,etc in the rebuilt 318 it has already.I have a 8.25 outof a 73 340 duster ready for it.Now i need suggestions on a paint color that will sale good.I want it hemi orange,but since im planning to sale it,im open to suggestions.It was b7 blue,with a white vinyl top,and two tone blue,vinyl/cloth interior.I dont plant to put this car back original,because its modified by its young previous owner,so custom,but cool will be in order,lol.I have to locate front seats,the ford? seats arent doing anything for me.At least they recline!The plan is to build a good looking,good driving tire smoker,that can be driven anywere,be repectable at the track,and turn heads anywere it goes.I hope to sale this car for $5000.00- $7000.00 depending on how much i have to put into it.So any thoughts,or suggestions?

142.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

148.jpg

146.jpg

150.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

152.jpg

I like the interior colors that are going on. Do the outside the same way. White with the black stripes, add some wide tires out back and you'll be set.
What headers are those?

I was thinking the same rumblefish !! just a semi closs stipe around the back like this good looking dart with vinyl black.
I would say Yellow!! But that car looks like it would make a good looking white swinger

152.jpg

I HAVE A SET OF BENCH SEATS THAT NEED RECOVERD;FRONT AND BACK OOPS, you are welcome to have them for free,i need the room ,i live in columbus ohio if thats not far or if you know some one in the area to pick them up for you they are blue in color now but need covers

also have a complete 7 inch rear end if someone can use it all you have to do is pick it up, id rather give it to someone who can use it rather than going to junk yard, it was working when pulled from my 67 dart 56000origanal miles

i think he just bought it to fix up and sell so he can make some money.

But he would make money and not have to do anything to it.looks like a nice solid car.lot of work to paint a car.I can see fixing the motor and making the car run and drive but to paint it.I have 750.00 in paint and material to do the engine compartment on my duster,so to paint the whole car would be expensive.
Couple grand to paint the car.

I am hoping to have an abody business one day,building and selling turnkey abodies,for reasonable prices.But i have to start some were.Im not rich,dont have any finacial help,and cant get a loan on a new business,that hasnt already been established(still dont get that one)and with our government so screwed up,i cant get the small business grants avalible,because there not avalible any more,lol.Any ways,i do want to make some money,but i enjoy working on these little cars.I know the paint materials are gonna cost a little,but there is a paint sales man trying to earn my business,so hes willing to put up some of the materials for free,for me to try(i already tried them all,just not from him,lol)and hes seen my paint work so hes willing to help me out all he can.I cant afford to buy everything new,of course,im gonna have to search for some good used interior stuff,refurbish things(like the previously spray bombed instrument cluster,for one)and i have friends that are willing to sale me stuff cheap,and even take installments until things are paid for(THANKS GUYS) and a few good folks who have donated things,like some labor a friend has offered me.I know this wont be a high dollar car,that i will get rich with,im trying for that,and if it doesnt sale,i will have a nice 71 dart to play with.I like it better than the 73 really,but ive got more money in it than i can get back,soooooooo.Any ways,the headers are blackjack headers,never been installed,judging by the white paint inside and out,and the blackjack decals still on the collectors.the white interior pieces were spray bombed too,i will have to sand it off,its peeling,There is nice looking b7 blue under it,if i could sand it off with 2000 grit,i might could buff the blue back out.I not sure yet,today was the first time ive had to look at the car good,and that was only w few mins on my lunch break at the car wash.I washed the engine compartment,and engine/k frame so i can put a trans in to see how the engine runs,before i do much else.I know it has been rebuilt,because everything on,and in the engine looks new,at least what i could see with the intake off,and the bottom and sides of the engine are way too clean not to have been rebuilt.Any ways,good or bad,keep the suggestion coming,and if someone does want to buy it right now,like it is,without the front clip,and not running(i really hope not,lol)i will let it go for $2500.00 with everything i got to go with it.Some of the parts i got got are for my 73,but let me know

After talking with my dad tonight,and looking at this car beside my 73 all day,i have about decided to fix this car to keep,and sale the 73 swinger.The 73 is mostly rust free to excepth the floor pans,which i got for christmas,but i never really loved the 73 beak frontend,and i like the 70-72 dart doors better,with the vent windows,and metal interior door tops.I also like the 71 dash better,and the 71 has more chrome trim that wasnt avalible in 73.The 71 doesnt have any rust either,except the very lower passenger side quarter has a few small bubbles starting.My dads theory is one i like,if i can pull it off.He said to fix both cars they way i want them,and then put them both for sale.Then,when one sales,i will have the other one to keep,and if neither of them sale,then ill have 2 nice cars to drive!lol,Im sure i could get my wife,dad,or some friends to drive one of em for me

But only if you prove you know how to do a real burnout first,lol My cars are made to bedriven,and driven hard!No trailer queens here,even if they look like it when done,lol see ya!

I got that car for a christmas present from my dad almos 20 some years ago.I been collecting parts for it for all those years,and had 99% of what i needed,to build a rust free,440-6 barrel 71 roadrunner,but i got married and moved,and before i could move everything,some nice guy decided he would do me a favor,and relieve me of everything i had been collecting for all these years.So,im starting all over again,all i was left with were the hulls of bodies i had sitting around,relieved of anything that could be quickly unbolted and sold for scrap.THANKS ALOT DUDE! Ill prob never get it finished now,and to be honest i got discusted,because everytime i get close to having a 71 roadrunner,gtx,or nice 71 sattelite,something like this happens.I will never sale it,but im prob gonna put it in a barn somewere and let it sit,until i get rich,or get lucky

71 roadrunner clone.jpg

As far as what color you should paint that Dart, well, they don't call it "re-sale red" for no reason.

I got that car for a christmas present from my dad almos 20 some years ago.I been collecting parts for it for all those years,and had 99% of what i needed,to build a rust free,440-6 barrel 71 roadrunner,but i got married and moved,and before i could move everything,some nice guy decided he would do me a favor,and relieve me of everything i had been collecting for all these years.So,im starting all over again,all i was left with were the hulls of bodies i had sitting around,relieved of anything that could be quickly unbolted and sold for scrap.THANKS ALOT DUDE! Ill prob never get it finished now,and to be honest i got discusted,because everytime i get close to having a 71 roadrunner,gtx,or nice 71 sattelite,something like this happens.I will never sale it,but im prob gonna put it in a barn somewere and let it sit,until i get rich,or get lucky

I have a buddy that as one and a bunch of parts left over from when he restored it. I will call him and see what he as left.Maybe I can get them for you. I will be in touch.What all do you need ?

I might paint the engine compartment gloss black for now,and just sand and prime the outside for now.I like the stealth look,black car with black wheels.

Ive found a a body 8.75 rear housing,ss leaf springs,and 904,3000 stall converter for cheap today,local to me,sohope fully,i can sale some more junk this week,and go get the stuff monday

the weather has been so terrible since i got the car home,i havet been able to look at it,much less do anything to it.So ive been calling and searching on here for a front clip,so i can have headlights once i get it running.Im thinking in a good,long week end i can have it running,if i dont go wild with painting and detailing a lot.Ive got a rebuilt 904,waitng for it,found a 300 stall converter cheap.i have found some front fenders on here,from some good floks,there not perfect,but cheap,or free.Maybe i will luck up and find a rust free,complete front clip later.I cant wait until this weather breaks,so i can go do some burn outs!

I stripped out a 78 cordoba this weekend,that has a nice freshly rebuilt 904,and thought the 318 in it only had 60000 miles,because thats what i was told,when i bought the car,and the odometer read just over 60000.Any ways,the motor is junk,the block has already been bores.060 over,and needs reboring again now.The car did have goos brakes,so i robbed the bigger rotors,abd caliper,with caliper brakets,bolts,etc.So hopefully this week,i can pull the 318 out of the dart,and see whats in there.I HOPE it is rebuilt like i think it is.The head gaskets,freeze pluge,etc,look mighty shiny,so i hope it is in good shape.I have a good set of 302 casting heads,im gonna gasket match to 340 size,so my torker340 intake will work good,throw in a 280-480 competition cam ive had in the barn a long time,clean the motor up and paint it.I guess we will see what happens.I hope i have the right drive shaft for this thing somewere,lol

Its been a while since i updated my post.I pulled th dart in my bro in laws shop,and pulled the engine out for inspection/clean up.I was told when i bought the car,that the engine had been recently rebuilt.I torn the engine apart and found out it had indeed been rebuilt,with some fairly good pistons,.030 over federal module flat tops.I know there not the best,but they look like they never been fired up,and the engine bearings look to never have been run either.So i have been porting(mostly gasket matching)my 302 casting heads,and mildly polishing the exhaust ports.So far ive ordered a weiand stealth intake,a lunati voodoo cam,eddy valve springs,mopar performance head gaskets,and windage tray.I also ordered a dashpad,340 rear springs,manual steering box,and column from uscgcharger(thanks jason)from whom i also got a very nice,complete console,with shifter and all mounting brackets,etc.I think this car is coming along nicely,and everything ive bought for the 318 can be used in a 360 if i decide the 318 isnt strong enough for me.I think it should perform very well,with the parts ive selected,and the cars light weight.Hope fully i can get the engine compartment painted soon,so we can find out!

Ive been working on the motor all day,painting bolt,brackets,cleaning parts,putting the new edelbrock valve springs on,valve seals,and valves in.i finnaly got one head finished,and bolted on,i got the lunati cam lubed,and put in.The timing cover,windage tray,and oil pan is on.I found enough 5/16 stainless bolts,and washers to bolt the oil pan down.I bolted my timing cover on with the chrome bolts i got from mopar performance.I also put my billet aluminum fuel pump block off plate put on,its a summit brand and looks very nice.Its got me thinking of robbing the old cal custom finned aluminum valve covers off my truck,and having them,and my mp air cleaner chrome powder coated,along with my weiand stealth intake when it comes in.Oh,i almost forgot,i found a few freeze plugs rusted through,so i ordered some brass ones from summit,i got those installed today,and since my engine didnt have a distbutor hold down,i got a chrome mp one with the correct bolt.I still have a few hours of porting to do to the other head,got to clean and polish the valves for that side,get it put together and installed,and paint the motor mount brackets.The tranny needs cleaning up,too,the old engine it was bolted to was a real oil slinger,so even though the tranny has only a few thousand miles,it is kinda dirty.I plan to clean it,sand it some,prime it,and paint it before i bolt it to the engine.

looking great!! Nothing better then spending a Saturday on aproject.
Keep it up and get-R-Dune Dog on it. Cool.:thumbrig:

And ive been doing some mini projects,like cleaning and painting the manual steering box i bought,fixing a steering column from auto to manual,with manual steering,painted the tranny,trial fitted the headers,found the blackjacks wont work(oil filter interference)so ill be running the summit headers i bought a few years ago and bevedr used.I think im coming down with a mild case of the flu,so im came in a few mins ago to upload these pics

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

006.jpg

-
Back