got a forsale project going

-
My car is at home in mount olive.I will be working tomarrow though.I drive to fayettville every day,lol.It gonna be a little while before i can put my new wheels on unfortunately.

they are so nice,for the price.I also got all new lug nuts,and a set of russel stainless braided brake hoses to do away with the rubber,rotten factory brake hoses.

dart rims 001.jpg

dart rims 005.jpg

dart rims 006.jpg

dart rims 007.jpg

Once the weather cooperates a little,ill get before pics of it.It is a standard bore,premagnum 360 shrtblock.I believe it just needs cleaning up,rehoneing,new rings and bearings to be useable,but ill prob get some KB flat tops,and have it bored .030.I have a set of 302 casting heads that i can majorly modify to my liking,but will prob source some 188 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves to keep it mild,with a stealth intake,and the same lunati voodoo cam i have now,with 494 intake lift,513 exhaust lift.

And ive got an empty ralley cluster on the way,i think.The plan is to install autometer ultralight 5 inch speedo and tach in the cluster,and the oil pressure guage in the center.I guess the other 3 guages will have to be mounted elsewere.Im also planning to mount the switch plate i have in the heater control location.

got it out for the spring season,and was hoping to start driving it again,but the lovely stainless braided fuel hose is spraying gas out everywere!I called Summit,and they said ive had it the fuel line too long,even though its not been on the car a year yet.So now,ive got to save up some extra cash for some kind of hard fuel line.Im prob gonna get stainless 3/8 in a roll,so it will outlast me,and the rest of the car.Also,me and Jennifer rode around all day the other saturday looking for 2 new tires for the rims she bought me for christmas.I have the 4 inch front wheels,and i thought some skinny 15 inch radials would be cheap.Well,first off,they are extinct around here.The skinniest tire i could find locally was a 195/70/15,wich imo is too wide for the 4 inch wide wheels.AND,they were more expensive than a set of 295/50/15s i found,wich were 71.00 each.SOO,i guess ill have to save up for front tires too,and order bf goodrich,155/80/15s from summit for the front,and 275/60/15s for the rear.Maybe one day i can get enough cash to finish this car.

I got 2,sticks of 3/8 steel brake line from NAPA today,and a brass union.I know its not quite long enough to go all the way to the regulator,but its a good start for one week.Now ive gotta try out my tubing bender my dad bought me from harbor freight 3 years ago.Maybe within the next couple of weeks,ill get to drive the ol dart around the block again,or possibly to work some.

I got me a 73? 340 air cleaner yesturday.Im surprised,but it fits under the hood nicely on the stealth manifold.Ive got to paint it,then ill post some pics of it on the engine.Ive also got to do a good scrubbing of the engine,and engine compartment.Its amazing how nasty a motor gets just sitting in the car not being driven for 9 months.I guess it dont help that i dont have a garage to park the dart in.

Ive worked on the darts fuel system all day today.Ive run all new steel fuel lines,i bought 6 inch sticks and coupled them with unions,and bent them to fit.Now they leak at the fuel pump and the regulator.im gonna try some teflon tape made for fuel use,the yellow kind,and see if that stops the leaks.If not,i dont know what to do next.I really want to start driving the old girl again.

the yellow teflon is good stuff. I've used pipe dope on all kinds of threaded pipe to stop or prevent leaks, so it may be worth a try if the tape doesn't work.

Ive got to have something.There used to be some black silicone type product made by permatex,especially for threaded fittings that contact gasoline.I cant find it anywere in town,and none of the parts stores here have ever heard of it either.If i could find some of that,i know my leak would be gone.

Finally got the fuel leak fixed!I put a good battery in it,and she purrs like a kitten.Well,to be more honest,it sounds more like some wild cat with the idle.The 3 chamber flowmasters sure do tone it down though.Now ive got to put something like rubber heater hose on the steel fuel line,especially were it touches the floor or anthing metal,because it makes the electric pump sound like its right beside the driver seat now.Thats the only thing i hate about electric fuel pumps,is all the noise they make,lol.

Its been almost a year since i got my summit rims,and i finally got the extra cash to order the tires for them today.I ordered 155/80/15s and 275/60/15 bfg radials from summit.If the rear tires dont fit the car as is,the ill be making the car fit the tires.I guess we will see soon enough,lol.

-
Back