got a forsale project going

-
Yesturday,i made a stainless mount for the electric fuel pump,and canister filter,and bolted that to the right rear frame rail.Then i got busy fabbing up a angle iron frame for the fuel cell to mount under the trunk floor.I have it all bolted in for now.The angle iron frame will be welded together and sent out for powder coating later,and will be kept as a bolt in configuration when complete,so it can be removed later if needed.I also installed the lokar kickdown cable,and started removing the trans to install the new/used 3000 stall converter.After that,maybe i can get the h pipe with flowmasters installed friday,the stainless overflow bottle for the radiator,and ill rob the accessory brackets,pulleys,and alternator,cooling fan off my truck to finish the mechanicals for first fireup.Then it will be wiring time.Lots of stuff to wire up on this car,since ill be running electric fan,linelock,maybe electric waterpump later,and the electric fuel pump.

Also got some money from santa,so i ordered an sfi approved flexplate,arp torque converter bolts,and the remaining an fittings i need to finish the fuel system.Im hoping all this comes in by saturday,so i can still fire the dart up by sunday evening,maybe.But there is a lot more work to be done before that can happen,and im not one to rush through things.Ive gotta wire up the the fuel pump,line lock,and some guages.I have another complete dash i can i can rob the wiring harness and instrument cluster from,if need be.I guess we shall see

I have it mounted in the car,and got the 68 dart console modified for it to fit.I also finished attaching the Braided fuel line.I robbed the pulleys and brackets from the the old truck,got them cleaned,detailed and painted.I also got the radiator hoses cleaned,and installed,got the fan shroud painted and ready to go on.Still waiting for the flexplate and torque converter bolts to come in,and still have to wire up the electrical before start up.So i feel im getting closer!

found out my 904 is a dudd to me.It is a lockup unit,and new stall converter is for a non lockup,so im looking for a new tranny now.

You can convert it if you have the old 904. switch shafts and two other part I forgot

well,i got an hei distributor from procomp electronics this week,so hopefully tomarrow is the day i hear this car run.I still have to run to advance in the morning for a set of hei plugwires,run the wires for the fuel pump and guages,and it will be ready,i hope.Ill let yall know how it goes,or IF it goes,lol.

i got plug wires on saturday,but thats about as far as ive gotten so far.I had to go get my rampage that was brokedown at my buddies house,and it was dark and cold by the time i got back home.Maybe this week ill make some tire smoke,lol

Well,i thrashed on the dart all day today wiring it up.I got to spin it over for the first time before i had to take the wife out to dinner.Hopefully,if i get an extra hour or so tomarrow,ill actually get to hear this thing run.Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Toby, good luck on the start up ....looking forward to hear that it runs with no problems.... :cheers:

:) on the rampage...kewl cars

thanks cheryl,the rampage is cool.It is falling a flood outside now,looks like its gonna be raining hard for a while,so it may not happen again today.

but here are some pics of the work ive been doin since my birthday in november 08.Theres a lot been done since my last pics,i cant even remeber it all unless i go back and read to the last point.

dart updates 001.jpg

dart updates 002.jpg

dart updates 003.jpg

dart updates 004.jpg

dart updates 005.jpg

dart updates 006.jpg

dart updates 007.jpg

dart updates 008.jpg

dart updates 009.jpg

Its actually some paint we over mixed for a peterbuilt truck.we mixed up one gallon too many,and since it was single stage with the hardner already put in it,we hated to see it wasted by it hardening in the can.I did a quick sand,tape,and spray job,even though i didnt know the true condition of my cars body work.It looks ok from 20 feet away now,and it will be protected from the elements until i can really get on the body work.I have a pic i took with my phone,so its not too clear. http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobysoldblue/3294342252/

It LIVES!I finally got the dart fired up for the first time today,and man does it sound sweet!I will admit,the 3 chamber flowmasters are a lot quieter than i was expecting,i guess those h pipes really do quieten down the exhaust note.The cam sounds much milder than i was expecting in a 318 also,but thats ok.I drove the car across the street,in the subdivision,and it seems mighty peppy for a 318 with a 494/513 cam,and stock torque converter,lol.Actually,i know now i coulda stepped up to the next size bigger voodoo cam,and it would have been fine.There are still a lot of bugs to work out of this thing,and then theres tuning to be done of course.Right now im extremely happy,so i can finally rest easy tonight knowing it will crank right up when i go outside in the morning.

thats good to hear toby. That exaust was a tad quiet for me but those are 3 champers. I have 2 chamber now and its really loud

It LIVES! Right now im extremely happy,so i can finally rest easy tonight knowing it will crank right up when i go outside in the morning.

Congrats....you lucky dog :grommit:. I am sooo jealous.......=P~

thanks yall! Yes the 3 chambers with h pipe are quiet,way quieter than i expected,but as my brother in law says,makes the car kinda stealthy.The electric fuel pump is the loudest thing about the car! Lol.At least the law cant hassle me because of my exhaust,but they may make me muffle the fuel pump!

thanks dave.I plan to pull it all back apart for final paint and body work,once all the minor body mods are done.id like to smooth the firewall,the whole engine compartment really.I still want side exhaust like the AAR cudas had,but cant find the flowmaster muffs for them.

took the art for her first trip this past weekend.Drove over 300 miles round trip,and the car did great.The timing did back off via the dist bolt at the beginning of the trip,so the timing turne itself back right at the beginning of the trip.I thought the cam was wiping or something.Didnt figure out the prob until the last gas stop.Set the timing back,and the power was back to 100% and the gas milage came back.I ended up using 28 gallons at 14 mpg for the round trip.I traded a 850 demon carb for a 670 street avenger this week.Those are some awsome carbs i have to say.Now im ready for another trip to see what kind of mpgs i have now.Im also ready to swap in the 8.75 as soon as i get some decent gears for it,so i can do some track testing.

-
Back