got a forsale project going

-
Looks cool. Can't wait to see more.....Nice work Toby.

Toby,
Those door panels and such look awesome! Beautiful work man!

I really enjoy doing custom stuff.Especially something ive never seen before.There are so many other things id like to do to this car,but im ready to drive it too.I would like to make some belly pans out of aluminum sheet to paint for the bottom of the car.I know it sounds stupid,but i could leave them off while i drive it around alot,and put them on just when i go to carshows,so the underside stays all nice looking.We did that at the hot rod shop i used to work at,they attatched with those half turn racing fasteners,so they were very quick to install.I also want to dress the trunk up some.They always look so ugly,or more like un finished to me,with just a mat layed in the floor.

I couldnt help myself,lol.Besides,a few folks couldnt unserstand what i was trying to accomplish,so this should explain a little bit i think.Ive already decided i dont like the metallic in the black,so im gonna redo that straight black,and i dont like how the silver turned out either,so ill be redoing that also.Thats why i didnt do everything at once,or i would have to redo everythingthe white trim around the headliner will be orange,along with the dash.Ive got black seats,the new bucket seats like summit sales,but mine are black cloth from jc whitney.I need to find somebody to cover the rear seat to match.I will be using black carpet,paint the console hemi orange,and im gonna try to use autometer ultralight guages in the dash some how

017.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

I looking foward to it man.... I cant wait to see the FG work as well....

as long as you let everything cure put good in the sun before you paint,so that it has time for all the solvents to escape.i figure ill get everything done,and put it all in my car for a week(like an oven) then sand and buff it all.That way nothing dries in after you get it,and its installed

i guess ill be borrowing what i need off my truck to get the dart running,since im out of cash,and it doesnt look like im gonna get any soon.I still need pulleys,altbracket,starter,2500-3000 stall converter for the 904,or use the 727 out of the truck with its 2800 converter.I also have to finish the fuel system plumbing,and put the console floor shifter in,install the wiring harness,put the 8.75 in.Im sure there are things im forgetting,but i HAVE to here this thing run,and drive it around the block a few times before winter hits.

So i stole the 650 holley off my truck and put it on the dart.I also was gonna put my fan shroud on,but couldnt find the bolts for it.I also need to find the correct size base for my mp aircleaner.I bought the lid off ebay a couple years back,not sure why it didnt come with the base,buti need the prorper size.The hood im gonna use is already cut out for the 12 inch air cleaner to stick through,so i gotta round up the right stuff.I still need to order the lokar kickdown cable,and rob the pulleys and alt bracket from my truck.

021.jpg

020.jpg

I had already taken it off the dart a couple months ago,since it was already unbolted,and looking mighty shabby.It also had a ultra small piece of crap tach mounted through the pad.I knew it had been covered with some vinyl,so once i pulled that off,i saw what a piece of crap i had to work with.My intentions are to fiberglass it ,smooth it,and paint it orange like the rest of the top of my car.

jasons door panels 007.jpg

jasons door panels 008.jpg

first on the list is a stall converter!Id say 3000-3500 should do it!Well,if nothing else,ill keep my resto post going.I havent had time,or money to work on my car in a long time,so i have to do something.I guess i cant complain,i havent owned it a year yet,and i think i progressed pretty good so far,even if i plan to tear it all back apart later to perfect it all.

Hey man , been there done that, got the t shirt. Dude, I know I am not close to you but I like your painting skills. If I can help you with any of this build, I can build engine, transmissions, rearends, suspension, air condition, fab stuff,and I recover interior stuff too. All you gotta do is let me know. I wont charge you a dime, but maybe we can trade labor. This applies to any member of FABO. I too want to run my own shop. " PRO-STREET CUSTOMS" I want to specialize in MoPar A body restorations and mods. I already have a nice resume. I have 1970 Duster( my car), 1971 Duster 360 4 speed, 1973 Cuda 440 a/c, 1967 Dart 383( my wifes car) 1984 Dodge pickem up 4x4 318, 1977 Dodge 4x4 400, 1964 Chevy Impalla(sssshhhhh), and now I am doing the 1968 Dart 360 4 speed, and 12 years of it. So if I can help u anyway, just pm me. Chuck

I can do most of that stuff too,as yall can tell,BUT custom paint and body is my profession,i was born a mechanic and an artist.Right now,extra time is what im short of the most.If you can be patient with me,sure i can help ya out wit your project.I like trades too,they seem to work out good for me most of the time,but right now im neck deep in day and night work,and none of it is my personal stuff!Lol

The car is still here waiting for me to get back to it.I am getting a 3000 stall converter for christmas,and i got a summit giftcard for my birth day and hear that im getting another one or 2 for christmas.Im also getting a new ministarter from 440source.com from my mom.She thinks its so funny i ask for car parts for christmas,lol Oh,i also have a set of proform roller rockers coming from my buddy rick,ill really appreciate those,im sure the dart will also

toby unless your friends has already bought the proform rockers one word,dont.theyre junk.i warned daves66valiant and sure enough the adjusters stripped out. search proform rockers and read the horror stories.

Well Pete,ive heard of folks using crane adjusters in them instead of the origal proform adjusters,and having good luck,BUT,if they do screw up,ill remeber Pete told me so,and ill tell everyone.

With the Summit giftcard i got for my birthday last month,and jennifer said i could go ahead and use the one she is giving me for christmas,along with the sale Summit has goin on,i had just enough to order a spankin new B&M megashifter!I was gonna order the quicksilver,but my buddy scott(RPM)recommended the megashifter highly.I think it will be perfect after i modify my console to fit it.Also,i drug the dart in the body shop today,so i can try to get it fired up this week!:cheers:

-
Back