got a forsale project going

-
Good to meet you at the swap meet Saturday and thanks for the parts. I used a lokar kick down cable on that 69 runner I just sold for a friend. It was pretty easy to install (other than getting under the car) and was easy to adjust. IF I wind up using an auto in the Sedan I'll use one of these cables on it instead of the linkage.

lol,i never been to texas yet,but some day.Any ways,i think the lokar stuff is a cool alternative,especially if you dont have the factory stuff to put on.Im kinda going for a hot rod theme anyways,everything else ive done to the car has been custom so far.

Hummm....I guess the medications have kicked in, cause somehow I got my wires crossed confusing you with flyboy (whom I did meet at the meet)

Anyway, the Lokar piece worked well......

Think I'll go lay down now

I just took pain meds for my borke wisdom tooth,im about ready to lay down myself.I hope the lokar stuff works good,i would have rounded up stock stuff,but my stealth intake is too tall for the factory throttle cable bracket anyways

But it must not make too much impact,no body around here could tell i did any thing.I put the milodon braided oil dipstick on,and the lokar throttle cable and stainless bracket assembly installed.I also cleaned,sanded and painted my gas pedal,i got the one with the stainless trim on the pad off the parts car.Its very slowly starting to come around.I might post some pics later,maybe you guys can see what i got done,lol

Man just by looking through your pics I see you have a great parts supply! Congrats. Around here finding parts is impossible. I cant wait to see the end result. Keep us posted....!

thats the body style i like the best,and also,the more nice parts i can find,the nicer i can build my cars now,and in the future

and hood scoop.I sanded the hood to bare metal,bit top and bottom,found a lot of dents i wasnt expexting,especially on the front edge.I went ahead and urethane primed both sides of it,so i can block it out and see just how wavy it really is.The scoop is an aftermarket,fiberglass 73 dartsport scoop.It is really a piece of crap,but i bought it cheap,with the intensions of making it taller than stock in the front,kinda like the superscoop somebody has for sale on here now.I figured i can modify my $25.00 scoop a lot cheaper than buying a $200.00 one,and i know mine will be perfect when done.Any ways,i got the scoop cut today,and glassed in one time.Once it dries,ill have to sand it down,and put another layer on.ill post pics later

Still working on the hood scoop,i like having more than one thing going on when im doing fiberglass work,so i can get it all done at once.Ill try to have preliminary pics of them tomarrow night,maybe

And the hood scoop.I also started beating the dents out of the front vallance(man i wish somebody would repop these in steel)and fitting the spoiler to the vallance.I can say that since this is my car,im enjoying all the itchy fiberglass work thats going into it.I usually build one of a kind cars,and this one is no exception.No body ,any were will have a car exactly like mine,because im making so many one off parts myself,lol.I just hope it turns out to be nice,and not look like a turd!

Keep in mind,for the non body folks,these figerglass parts are in there beginning stages,and have a lot of work left to go.I really like the lokar throttle cable and bracket,gonna order the matching kickdown cable soon,maybe,and i like the factory dress up on the throttle pedal i got from the car in the junkyard.I also like the milodon oil dipstick and braided tube,you see how everything is starting to flow together?I hope that it all looks good together when done,i sure like it.The chepo hood scoop is starting to look a lot better too

fiberglass work 001.jpg

fiberglass work 002.jpg

fiberglass work 003.jpg

fiberglass work 004.jpg

fiberglass work 005.jpg

fiberglass work 006.jpg

fiberglass work 007.jpg

looks to me like your gonna have to put at least ten grand into just the body. I don't think this is gonna be a money-maker. they can be money pits real quick, plus it costs so much to build a mopar. 5 to 7 grand is possible but I would just sell it now and save my time.

If i put 10k in the body of this car,it would be a riddler show car.Besides,i dont want to sale it now,unless i can get at least 25k when its done.Now if somebody wants to come up with $5000.00 for it right now,ill stop working on it,and hand over the title,lol.Since i do all my own work,i dont forsee having 10 grand in the whole car when its done.Now labor,thats a whole different story.

and ive got so many building projects going on,its looking like its gonna be a while before i make much more progress on the dart.i really am hoping to at least drive this thing around a little before the winter gets here,so i know the drive train is ready to go,before the paint job goes on.

Well,im leaving for vacation to take the wife and kids to disney world in 2 days,and i have to leave the dart behind.Im really not liking that part.With all the stealing of old cars thats gone on in my area in the last few months,im really worried the dart might not be here when i gethome in a week.Or that it will be stripped of its good parts.im gonna block it in with my truck,and car trailer,and park the other car in front of it.So if someone does come to steal it,there gonna have a hell of a time moving stuff outta the way to get it,lol.I really wish i could drive it to fla,what a fun road trip it would be.The weather suppose to be perfect next week,not too hot,just right to ride in a non a/c hot rod,lol.Well,maybe it will still be be here in tact when i come back home.

Ive also been working on the hood and hood scoop every night this week after work.I got the hole cut in the hood for the air cleaner to come up through,and the holes drilled for the scoop to mount.Ive been doing a lot of glass work to the scoop,its a slow go,because its gonna be painted shiny black,its gotta be perfect.The paint i bought is black pearl singlestage urethane,and hemi orange metallic base coat.I still need to buy a quart of viper silver for the aar stripe,and a gallon of clear.

there big bolt 8.75 axles been cut down to a body width,so now i have more rim options for the dart.Ive also been working on some custom door panels.Ive got one made already,once its finished,ill post a pic to see what yall think.I dont want to give to mauch away about them right now,ill wait until there done before i say too much,lol

I can see your ambition Toby! I think your car is gonna turn out killer!

Wanna Match Race 1/4 Mile when you get "everything" completed? (I do not have a built drivetrain yet, so I need "everything" too)

Each of us Drive (not trailer) our cars HALF the distance between our zip codes.

For $500.00 1 Run, winner take all....no show = forfeit/loss, and to whoever arrives, $500 in full.

I'll spot you a car length.

i know your car will be turboed,prob even twin turboed,so i would need a good 2 stage nitrous set up before i could consider that,lol.If i had the cash to throw away,i would love to do that,just for fun.I hope this car will be a good all around car,show/cruise/race,and last a while too.Im trying to make it look good,but use products that lasted longer than factory when done,like stainless bolts,and powder coating were i can.I think ill need more motor before i can take that offer at this time,though.lol

I was just kidding man. I would love to do it as much as you would. Just trying to rile you up a bit. :snakeman:

I would love a Full On Race Prepped 70' Swinger, but I will always lean more to the street daily driven, occasionally trailered and lapped a few times driver.

The closest 1/4 strip around here is 95 miles One Way, and the next closest 135 miles...

I have been watching your build and interested in your progress, your a obviously capable and motivated individual for sure!!!

i never had a nice car for myself,but built tousands for others in my 20 plus years of this work.If i can keep some cash coming in,i hope to have a nice car one day i can be proud of,and stand out in a crowd of a bodies

ever seen door panels for an a body like these before?I hope not.What do ya think?

Lookin good dude !!!!Door panels are unique for sure !!Keep up the good work !!! Maybe someday I'll get me another toy !!!I enjoy playing with the /6's though !!!

-
Back