got a forsale project going

-
for $150.00,so maybe ive finally got that covered.My metal shelter finally got here,so ive been busy trying to figure that thing out.Man,sometimes i wish i were a carpenter.I for got to post the pics of the trunk,after i cut it out.I have trial fitted the fuel cell from the bottom,looks like its gonna fit great,with plenty of room all around it.Once i get it mounted,ill fab up a aluminum box for it.I have to figure out the fuel inlet.I want to use the factory filler neck,and i saw the 45degree inlets for the fuel cell,but all the ones i found have a cap on them.I THINK i need one that doesnt take a cap.Ive been looking for pictures of fuel cells done this way in a bodies,but havent found any yet.

now i got to figure out how to get it home,lol

dart front clip.jpg

there 15x7 ralleys,smallbolt,modified by stockton or some one,with 255/70/15 uniroyal tiger paws on in like new shape.All i had to do was clean them up,and shoot some paint on.I also got 4 small bolt 14 in ralleys,so i can put the best 2 on the front.I need 2 more centers,and 14 inch trim rings,and 2 front tires.I think they look awsome on my car,thanks eric!lol they fit tight,but arent touching anywere,have about 3/8 clearance at there tightest spot.But those long *** shackles have got to go

dart wheels 010.jpg

dart wheels 016.jpg

dart wheels 020.jpg

dart wheels 022.jpg

dart wheels 017.jpg

nice those wheels look pretty good on there and im not really a fan of the rallyes but i do like the way those ones look. Justin

im not sure what brand the shocks are,the coil looking springs seem to be just shoved in there,not attatched to anything.Also,i never liked ralleys before my self,but i have to say,these look bad *** on this car,and i think will look even better when the black paintjob goes on.They really got me fired up now.I can hardley wait to get really started on the body work,and see some black paint and chrome on it.I think i will modify the front bottom of the wheel well,to move it away from the tire about 1/4 inch more,while still keeping the stock appearance.Has anybody done that,or running a tire this close to the wheel lip at the front?There is about 3/8 inch clearance there.Also,a guy told me he read somewere that you could put longer studs in the front spring hangers,and use 1/4 inch shim to move the axle back a little,any one here done this?

my flowmaster exhaust and 8.25 suregrip should be here this week!Although,im not exactly sure what im gonna do with the 8.25 sure grip and rear end i have,since im getting an abody 8.75 in a month or so.Maybe ill sale it to pay for shipping on something.Also,i worked extra this week,so im planning to buy some of the fuel fittings i need to fire the dart up for the first time.Now i need bypass hose fitting,and hose fittings.

and also a nice thermostat housing for the motor,what are you guys without a heater doing about the extra heater hose outlet on the water pump to block it off?i saw a funky looking hose cap some were made out of rubber,and held on by a hose clamp,but thats really not the look im going for on this engine,any other ideas?Pictures of what you guys are doing to block off the heater hose outlet?I know all about putting mag lug nuts in a piece of hose,and redneck stuff like that,i want something a little better looking than that

bypass_slot_1060.jpg

thermostat housing.jpg

I couldnt catch it before it went across the scales,but i did talk to the yard owner,he wont sale it as a whole,but im getting the front clip for 150.00,along with what ever else i can rob off it.Now i just got to sale something to get that $150.00 before the rust free car goes to the crushers saturday.

I am very happy,to say the least.What dumb asses they were!They charged me 150.00 for the front clip,and 50.00 for the rear end.So i got it all off the car,and off there premesis before they realized what they had done,lol Its a 2.76 open,but thats easy to change,i also got the drive shaft,trunk emblem,and rockerpanel moulding.My flowmaster exhaust also came in today.Im getting excited,lol

junkyard score! 001.jpg

junkyard score! 002.jpg

junkyard score! 003.jpg

junkyard score! 004.jpg

junkyard score! 005.jpg

junkyard score! 006.jpg

junkyard score! 007.jpg

junkyard score! 008.jpg

Very good deal on that rearend. I did the same at a swap meet less than a month ago. 8 3/4 a body housing with axels that were drilled for big bolt pattern for $5.00.

Which VooDoo did you choose? The biggun or the lillun? I'm thinking of running the smaller one in the Sedan, so I'm curious how it runs and what it sounds like.

and i too want to here it run,and drive it around to see how it performs.I thought o got a good deal on an abody 8.75,but $5.00 is a smoking deal!And yes,stephon,i appreciate the exhaust,it looks even better that i expected.If any body can tell me how to put a non digital video of it on here,let me know,and ill be videoing on first fire up,and first drive!

Hope fully i can rob all the dash stuff off,the headliner trim and bows,driprail mouldings,front and rear window trim,i might try to grab the seats too,if i can figure out how to carry it all.i dont think there will be much left of it when i get through,im definitly gonna get my $40.00 worth! lol

I got the dash,complete,i got all the chrome off the car that i needed,except the left rear wheel well moulding,sterring column,with wood rimblow steering wheel and adapter,all the door panels,rear arm rests,front arm rest bases,etc,etc.I also found another a body 8.75,in a duster thats been sitting there a long,long time.Ill be going back soon on a saturday to retreive it for $40.00.Who knows,maybe its got a suregrip in it with some good gears.ill post pics of todays score later this after noon

I got the dash,complete,i got all the chrome off the car that i needed,except the left rear wheel well moulding,sterring column,with wood rimblow steering wheel and adapter,all the door panels,rear arm rests,front arm rest bases,etc,etc.I also found another a body 8.75,in a duster thats been sitting there a long,long time.Ill be going back soon on a saturday to retreive it for $40.00.Who knows,maybe its got a suregrip in it with some good gears.ill post pics of todays score later this after noon

Wish we had salvage yards around here with old mopar stuff still in it. I know of one not to far from me its full of mopars but its mostly all picked over.

Ya those RIMS look REALLY NICE !!! Wonder. where ya got em from???:cheers::toothy10::glasses8:

And i really appreciate it.Now i got to get the front wheels situated.Ive almost got 80%of a new car,so im getting closer maybe.

so i got out of the chair for a little while,and took some pics of what i got from the junkyard yesturday.Well,that led to me wanting to see how the front clip fit on my car.Then i had to find some were to put all this stuff were it would be safe and sound,until the car is ready for it.I feel im getting close now,to having what i need to finish this car,and have a decent driver,that will do ok in the local once a year car show.Oh,the door panels were not warped,but they got wet this morning,we had a surprise rain storm,and it was so late when i got home last night,i didnt have time to get them inside.I think if there misted with water,have something heavy laid on them,and allowed to dry,they will flatten out.i HOPE SO ANYWAYS,lol

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

the grille was already put in the barn,and i was just trial fitting the sheetmetal,so i didnt bother putting it in yet.also,i have decided that the 205/70/14s dont look good on the front,so i need to figure out what size tire to put on my 14 inch ralley wheels.

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Its not exactly what i been looking for,but i though i might can make it work,and fit inside the factory instrument cluster i just got.Im gonna do the measuring when i take the dash apart for paint,just be sure it will work. http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc301/tobysoldblue/?action=view&current=digitaldash.jpg the wood grain will be gone,im gonna sand it smoothe,paint the cluster silver and black,with a hemi orange stripe around the edge depression.this digital cluster goes all black when the ignition is turned off,so it will look really cool i think.

digital dash.jpg

001.jpg

Im waiting for it all to come in,so i can move on to something else in this project.Hopefully,ill have pics of the parts installed this week.Im trying to get all this engine compartment stuff done,and done the way i want before i fire it the first time.Is anybody else using the lokar throttle cable,and kickdown cables?How do yall like them?I also felt the milodon oil dipstick would be better than a stock one,especially if i decide to go with a 360 engine later,its so hard to get the stock style dipstick tubes out in one piece. i still have to buy the alternator and brackets,bypass hose fitting,kickdown clable,etc,etc,lol

lok-srk-4000_m.jpg

lok-tc-1000ht_m.jpg

mil-22060_w_m.jpg

mch-10210_m.jpg

prs-1060_w_m.jpg

sme-2006_w_m.jpg

sum-812106_w_m.jpg

-
Back