Got A New One!

-

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
got a new mopar!! what do ya think?! Its not an Abody, but its still a mopar.

just bought it! '73 plymouth satellite. 360/904 and a 8 1/4 rear. not sure what gears, but they sound pretty high.. 1500 bucks. needs a little body work(rusted lower quarters).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD_TNZCwofA

5.jpg

Picture499.jpg

Picture550.jpg

Picture608.jpg

Picture619.jpg

Picture636.jpg

Picture650.jpg

$1500?!?? Did you rob the guy?? Nice find! But speaking as a dad, don't let the cars intoxicate you ... make sure you finish school. It's easy to let the distractions take over.

Mine is a 74 318 car, I dropped in a 340 and installed the Road Runner hood, my car never had the pins but the hood had the factory holes for them so I put them in, bolted up in the stock location, didn't even have to drill holes for the posts that mount under the hood. I don't believe any 73-74 Satellite's had factory hood pins....but anything is possible!

$1500?!?? Did you rob the guy?? Nice find! But speaking as a dad, don't let the cars intoxicate you ... make sure you finish school. It's easy to let the distractions take over.

lol. thanks for the advicee. i'm already finding that one out! I wish I had more time for my cars. but I still gotta study alot..

and the car isn't as nice as it sounds. the tranny slips a little between 2nd and 3rd. I believe its a kickdown linkage adjustment needed though. and if not I have an extra tranny to throw in there.

and the rear quarters are pretty rusted. gonna be a good welding/fabricating project. interior is pretty complete. needs door panels. front bench seat hinges are busted. so the whole seat leans back a little bit.

but for 1500 seems like a solid driver! guy wanted 2 grand. but he was happy with 1500 when i offered that.

Mine is a 74 318 car, I dropped in a 340 and installed the Road Runner hood, my car never had the pins but the hood had the factory holes for them so I put them in, bolted up in the stock location, didn't even have to drill holes for the posts that mount under the hood. I don't believe any 73-74 Satellite's had factory hood pins....but anything is possible!

oh. lol. i thought maybe by chance they did. i've always liked the look of the hood pins though!

Me too, your hood pins look like they are in the correct spot, if so, that is cool, no butcher job!

Sounds like you robbed the guy lol.
Nice buy man seriously!

Well done!

Nice score. I had a 71 C7 satellite with a 440 and and RR hood. I should have never sold that car. I have a picture around here somewhere.

already posted something to challengergary about a stripe. he's currently designing me a custom stripe for the dart. and now i'll be getting another one from him for the satellite!

just gotta finish up the bodywork on this satellite though. need to replace the lower half of the rear quarters. and I can tell that in the front some rust was painted over..

i'm pretty happy with the car though!! i took the long route to work today just so that I could drive it a little extra :)

Good deal for $1500...I have always wanted an early 70's satellite or runner. Im jealous!!

yah. i bought this car as something temporary to get me from point A to point B until my dart is done. but with this mean sounding 360, and the power that i feel under the pedal, i'm in love!:cheers:

i'm sure you'll end up getting your B-body sometime. I've still got the 74 charger waiting in the driveway for a resto also. lol

-
Back