Got my heads ported

-
No one does but it sure would be nice to get proof of results.
Wish I had mine flowed. Not impressive numbers but just for fun.

041600951718[01].jpg

041600951720[00].jpg

Still no before and after flow numbers !!
It's an Indy SR, the #'s will be close to what many others have already done if they know what they are doing.
It looks to me like the shop did some fine work on the heads. :thumbsup:

$1200.00 Canadian just for the porting. Then a valve job, setting up the heads, milling them some and vapor cleaning. $2000.00 total for everything. Oh ya I got some stickers

5DAB1042-A311-41D5-B70A-617BA46BF98E.jpeg

Well if someone can help me I’ll post the flow sheet. I have an I phone XR. I can save pics from an email and a text to pictures and post them. But I can’t post a pdf closed or open for some reason. Any idea’s? Anyone? Kim

Well if someone can help me I’ll post the flow sheet. I have an I phone XR. I can save pics from an email and a text to pictures and post them. But I can’t post a pdf closed or open for some reason. Any idea’s? Anyone? Kim

Dont lookat me , I`m just looking across the top of the water on the pictures bit !

PM'd you my email. I'll see if I can do something.

I’m going to refrain from saying to much but what the hell is up with the intakes on number two. Damn something is messed up.

As cast, the SR ex ports are a fair amount smaller than 440-1 ex ports.

I have seen it before where someone made them about the same size as -1 ex ports.
It usually isn’t necessary to go quite that big.

That being said, if you buy the cnc ported SR’s from Indy....... they use the same program on the ex port as what they use for the -1’s.

I have a set of SR’s here for freshening that I ported about 20 years ago(actually the first set of them I ever did).
Here are a couple of pics of the ex port opening.
1st is with Indy header gasket, 2nd is a TTi gasket from 2” headers:

05042233-9E7D-4E65-BC1C-5C8730A30900.jpeg

5B2EDB26-5D73-47E7-B06D-46DCD799F701.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back