Got pulled over in the Cuda

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yup, my first time I've been stopped by the Police in the Barracuda. I was out at a cruise last night and on my way home I zipped through my neighborhood. I was driving down a major street in Bayside and all of a sudden a marked cruiser came flying out of a side street. I see him in my mirror and figured I'm not speeding or doing anything stupid so I continue. Then the lights came on....

I pull over, shut her down, and get me paperwork as the officer walks up to the car. He looks inside and see's a gray-haired old Dude and he grins. After asking for my ID he asks me why I was doing 45 in a 30. I told him my speedometer doesn't work and apologized. He grins again and repeats "Your speedometer doesn't work?" I said yes, it doesn't work. Here's the kicker:

I ask him if he wants to go for a ride.

He busts out laughing and hands me back my paper work, says "nice car" and tells me to go home, like a some delinquent kid. Now I laughed....

Cool story FASTBACK. You know if you were 18 or so you would have been busted. LOL!

That's why I try to keep it at 25 through neighborhoods.

I had a kid run in front of me while blindly chasing a ball once, and it's all it took to make my rear pucker.

That's a good one!:profilel: I don't know if that will work for me,my hair isn't that gray,but there isn't very much of it. "Now go home" ,ha that's a laff!8)

Maybe there is a market for a new product for teenage hot rodders...

"JUST FOR BOYS"

Brush some on at the temples, avoid those nasty traffic citations, and you can date your buddy's mom.

Been there & done that, from the Officer's perspective. Glad he took care of you & didn't issue you some stock in the Empire State.

Mother&Dad'sdrivewayPSPCrownVic2.jpg

Just to clarify as to where I was pulled over, it was on a major commercial Blvd. with 2 lanes in each direction, traffic lights, and plenty of street lights. As a matter of fact, it was the cruise strip back in the day. I'm talking about Francis Lewis Blvd. , or as the locals say, Franny Lou, up here in Bayside. Any members on here from the NYC area knows the spot. It used to be THE place. All those infamous street races Joe Oldham talks about in his books and editorials are about this spot when they street raced on the Clearview Expressway. It's been all but eliminated since those days because of the stupidity that grew with it. That's why he was staked out on a side street. All the little zipper heads hang out with their riding mowers trying to be cool like Dad. All I wanted to do was rumble through and remind `em we're still out there. And I got his attention....

The Police officer was cool from the start. He saw I wasn't out dicking around and that, yes.... I had age on my side. And that's right, if it was a kid in a Honda, his insurance rates would be going up Monday morning.

As for the gray hair being the end all reason, forget it guys. I started Graying in my late teens.... almost all Gray by my 30's. And I got plenty of tickets back then.

But just remember.... Better to have it turn Gray than loose. And it's as thick as a horse tail.
:bootysha:

Just to clarify as to where I was pulled over, it was on a major commercial Blvd. with 2 lanes in each direction, traffic lights, and plenty of street lights. As a matter of fact, it was the cruise strip back in the day. I'm talking about Francis Lewis Blvd. , or as the locals say, Franny Lou, up here in Bayside. Any members on here from the NYC area knows the spot. It used to be THE place. All those infamous street races Joe Oldham talks about in his books and editorials are about this spot when they street raced on the Clearview Expressway. It's been all but eliminated since those days because of the stupidity that grew with it. That's why he was staked out on a side street. All the little zipper heads hang out with their riding mowers trying to be cool like Dad. All I wanted to do was rumble through and remind `em we're still out there. And I got his attention....

The Police officer was cool from the start. He saw I wasn't out dicking around and that, yes.... I had age on my side. And that's right, if it was a kid in a Honda, his insurance rates would be going up Monday morning.

As for the gray hair being the end all reason, forget it guys. I started Graying in my late teens.... almost all Gray by my 30's. And I got plenty of tickets back then.

But just remember.... Better to have it turn Gray than loose. And it's as thick as a horse tail. :bootysha:

Great story!!!!
I have a feeling that it's not so much the color of hair as much as it's the "weathered, wise, knowledgeable, worldly, well traveled, put up with about enough shtuff, wrinkeled" look on your face that went with the hair!! LOL!!
We all have the same look at that 50 ish age!!! LMBO!!!!:cheers:

If you were doing power brake burn-outs at stop lights you probably would have gotten a ticket. You weren't going too fast just faster than the posted limit so he pulled you over. The car looked fast but the driver wasn't a punk kid
doing stupid stuff. I like the idea of asking the officer to drive it. You may gain a friend and dodge (no pun) a ticket. toolman

-
Back