Got tired of messing around with gas weed whackers.

-

RSie

Idiot In Training
Reaction score
Bought a Remington battery one. Delivered yesterday, let the kid open it up and put it together.. he's excited, seems like a nice setup. Waiting for the battery to charge a bit.
Anyone else use electric ones? Seems like it'll be nice not to have to worry about mixing gas, separate gas cans.. and it seems I'm always working on the damn things.

1321300.jpg

I bought a 6 hp walk behind trimmer, waay better by a long shot.
Cordless tools /batteries are really improving.

I bought one a couple years ago from Lowes. A weed eater and a Blower. They are both Awesome. I forgot the Voltage I got. Its got to be a certain amount to do the Job.

Bought a Remington battery one. Delivered yesterday, let the kid open it up and put it together.. he's excited, seems like a nice setup. Waiting for the battery to charge a bit.
Anyone else use electric ones? Seems like it'll be nice not to have to worry about mixing gas, separate gas cans.. and it seems I'm always working on the damn things.

View attachment 1715531647
I have a complete Ryobi Collection including everything from a chainsaw, to a weed wacker, to a miter saw...to a air compressor, that all take the same 18V battery. Its hard to beat the electric tools these days. I haven't bought a big air compressor just b/c I have grinders and impact guns that are Ryobi battery powered. I think you'll like that trimmer!

I have a 20v Worx collection. Blower with gutter cleaner attachment tubes, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, and chain saw with the telescoping extension pole. Works very well. I bought a double bank Hd battery that is the bomb. Yes, cordless is the way to go.

I had a couple ryobi’s that were a big improvement over messing with the gas ones. Batteries lasted a few years each and buying a new one was cheaper than a new battery. I have had a black& decker one for now for about 4 years and still going strong.

I live in the country with a couple of acres so I have both. It’s great to grab the smaller lighter one for some quick trimming. I bought a cheap One from Walmart Just for this.

I have a Poulin/Husky (?) Craftsman/weed eater branded string trimmer. Bought it for $20 needing a spool head. Tank cracked so now a new tank...plastic trigger broke, spool head spring vanished and is N/A. Once I get the damn thing started Im sure Ill like it! I have 2 corded trimmers and both rock but the string is always breaking. I may get the plastic blades instead. ITs a hassle with a 100 foot extension cord working around the cars, and batteries eventually will wear out but the newer LiPO batteries should last a while. I even got a 24V electric lawn mower..that thing is a joke. Great for trimming a putting green but dont let it come across some 2" tall crab grass. No balls......

I have the Milwaukee M18 Fuel Brushless trimmer and man do I love it.

Quiet and strong as hell.

I did end up up-sizing to the .095 line.

-
Back