grandma demon back on ebay

-
would love to have this car

they are still out there, just harder to get

There is a B5 Blue 70 Challenger convertible that was bought new by a guy close to me. He drove thru the cruise in tonight in it and I told him I still wanted it when he is done with it. He said he has had it 38 years and to check with him in another 38 years. Claims it has 380,000 miles on it. He gets it painted every 5 years or so and it is a nice 10 foot car. 318 auto, ac (quit when it was a year old and never fixed since he always drives with the top down when nice out)

0000granny2.jpg

0000granny.jpg

GAGA!!!

Would kill for that car...

Someone wanna buy it for me?

LOL....

Those plaid seats bring back memories. My grandfather had a 72 Duster with the blue plaid interior when I was a kid.

Pretty nice car. He mentions that it has bumps on the corners from where the previous owner hit things but doesn't show any pictures of the damage.

And he has a new dome light bulb, but he hasn't put it in yet. WTF? It took longer to put that in the ad than it would have taken to replace it.

Flipper.

What a good deal and a nice original un-molested car! These will be very rare someday, everybody puts V-8's in Demons, not many six bangers left!

I'm sorry - i'm in the minority. i would not spend that $ on that car. It's not a survivor; it's been repainted. It's not unmolested; several thinks including that brake booster in the runk were fiddled with. It's a /6; practical, but NOT an original muscle car.

Don;t get me wrong, it looks like a great car to start an easy resto, but it's not really a desirable package other than the fact that its a Demon. Meh - I'm not that impressed.

[[COLOR="magentaIf anyone is interested in my opinion "IT"S A MOPAR!" I don't think i have ever even looked back at the reciepts i have when i restored mine.....It's not the money it's the love for the car! I wouldn't restore a car anyother way. Okay i'm done sorry just wanted to get my two cents in...you all have a great day!

Original ebay listing ended on 8/21. Car was bid to $7000, but did not meet reserve.

[[COLOR="magentaIf anyone is interested in my opinion "IT"S A MOPAR!" I don't think i have ever even looked back at the reciepts i have when i restored mine.....It's not the money it's the love for the car! I wouldn't restore a car anyother way. Okay i'm done sorry just wanted to get my two cents in...you all have a great day!
Hey, I love my Mopars, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to spend extra $ because somebody says its a Grandma car. I'd be much more intersted spending that $ on a GTS, 340 Demon, Superbee, Roadrunner, etc. I'd rather spend the big bucks on something that's more desirable, because ultimately, I'd wind up putting a V8 in it anyway - I just can't imagine being satisfied with a /6 car for a toy. You'd always have to say to people: "no.... it's just a slant six." And what about that ricer that pulls up at the light and you can't do a thing about it.

Yah good point!, I went with what i wanted on my car when i restored...I get "MOPAR GUY"S" telling me ...i should never have put that engine in it...or the color OOOH BE STILL MY HEART doesn't look good....they are just jelouse it's not theirs!!!!...LOL

He paid 6000.00 for the car, didnt do **** to it. Now wants to turn it.The 7000.00 offer is/was all the money.You would be into it for twenty large in no time sticking a V8 in it,and in two years hoping to sell it for fifteen.Leave it a 6 and add a few more bumps.

He paid 6000.00 for the car, didnt do **** to it. Now wants to turn it.The 7000.00 offer is/was all the money.You would be into it for twenty large in no time sticking a V8 in it,and in two years hoping to sell it for fifteen.Leave it a 6 and add a few more bumps.
I don;t really understand your post. He has a buy in now of over $8000, way overpriced IMO.

Most of us Mopar guys have several engines lying around (at least i do) so I could build a nice sb or BB for that for less than a few grand - so It would be nowhere near $20k. Personally, I build my projects for the pleasure of the build and driving them when done. IF I ever decide to sell in the future, the end price doesn't even enter the equation for me. I don't care if I dump $20k into a car only to get $12k retail selling price. as long as I enjoy it- I have 5 muscle cars right now, and my intention is to keep them and hand them down to my kids in 20 years.

My point is: I have no interest in a /6 muscle car, because to me, the definition of a muscle car is big, bad engines with lots of power (I suspect that my opinion is shared with 95% of the muscle car crowd). so, the value of it being a GREAT condition, original /6 car, to me, is zero. For the sole fact that I would change it anyway. Now if we're talking an original 340 Demon - that's a different story. it's not that i can't appreciate a /6 car, but I would never be satisfied with the lack of real muscle.

BTW - Things that are NOT original on the car:

-radiator
-shocks
-electronic ignition
-gas tank
-master cylinder/brake booster
-wheel cylinders
-battery
-paint job

I'd say that makes it a nice car with an original drive line - not a SURVIVOR - an certainly shouldn't bring survivor prices.

love to see how far that BB gets with the existing drivetrain 20k easy.

love to see how far that BB gets with the existing drivetrain 20k easy.
Are you talking about just the conversion or an entire resto?

parts that I would use and the cost of BB swap:
-mount conversion $159 (maybe swap the K member - add $400)
-oil pan $50
-8 3/4 rear $800
-tranny & bell w/ shifter $700
-Driveshaft $200?
-total engine if you start with nothing $4000
-rear springas and front t-bars $500
-various linkage $200

That's a GENEROUS total of $6,500, basing the prices on what I usually see on Ebay. I bet i could easily trim a couple grand from that figure by looking for deals.

But I still don;t know what your point is. If I bought the car for the price he's asking - which I wouldn't (which kinda defeats the purpose of this whole scenario) It still wouldn't hit $15.

Now since you specifically mentioned the BB swap, I assume you are insinuating that it's also a lot more expensive than a SB swap. Other than the Rear (although I personally would still put in an 8 3/4 with a SB), there really is no additional expense to do a BB over a SB.

So the point of all this is that I would buy a /6 car that's not a "survivor" for MUCH less and have less than 8k into it with a big block conversion.

I'm sorry - i'm in the minority. i would not spend that $ on that car. It's not a survivor; it's been repainted. It's not unmolested;

i agree. god knows what is under that paint. if it was original paint then fine but being painted like it has been i bet there are issues with the body that have been hidden. and being painted a long long time ago means when these cars were worth nothing so how great of a job could really have been done. unless it was hit when new and fixed which means youy better check it out real close. definatley needs a big block... :)

-
Back