Grape Ape going Bye Bye???

-

GrapeApe

D7 D/Gas and Pro Champ
Reaction score
It is very possible that we will be giving up our beloved Plymouth Duster, The Grape Ape to some lucky but cash filthy racer on RacingJunk.com pretty soon.

It seems that this old bracket racer has got the itch to go "legit" racing and is in the process of preparing another 74 Plymouth Duster to run in the NHRA Divisional and national meet series in stock eliminator. Plans have been laid out to build a state of the art super light chassis by Phil Mandela Race Cars while Dave Smith at Protrans and Bob Lambeck prepare a killer small block and 904 TF powertrain.

We raced in A/SA "back in the day" with a 426 Hemi in 1966 Plymouth Satellite(Mopar Man Forever), and had pretty good success at the old Irwindale, Lions, and the County. Can't remember bringing home much more than a bunch of plastic trophies.....but I wouldn't trade them for all the bracket jackpots in the world.

Nobody loves bracket racing more than I do......but at my age you just have to find a way to keep things interesting. This has been on my bucket list for a long time. I'm too fat and stiff to get into a high horsepower dragster to chase the "big" money....so it looks like this is the best way for us to get our ya yas out, and we don't even have to take all of our Mopar t-shirts and gadgets to the Goodwill Store.

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....cause I certainly can't rely on skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1158.jpg

I always loved seeing that car at the spring fling. Good luck with everything

I have seen you run at your home track,your car runs hard.I grew up with Lynn Dyers son Daryn,on the coast.Good luck with your decision.

-
Back