Graveyard Carz New Letter #1

-
There was nothing redeeming watching that show, just a waste of time. I'll give it another try...with a DVR"

I honestly can't remember a darn episode from this season. I'm still bummed out that they haven't done an A-Body, but most people won't spend that kind of cash to restore and A-Body to their standards.

Why not feel lucky, instead? They would have just chopped it and hacked it, anyhow. I don't watch ANY of the BS "reality" crap. ALL of it is what I call "fake drama."

Yeah, the wait is killing me.

Least when it is done and ready, you will be able to jump right in and enjoy it.

The way I decided to do mine, getting it back was just the start. Knowing I still had to assemble the whole thing before the enjoyment started made the wait even harder.

That "patience is a virtue thing" is a hard pill to swallow sometimes.

I hope for a speedy finish for you!

I finally got somewhat caught up on this show on DVR. Still a lot of episodes I haven't seen but despite some of the theatrics I 've enjoyed the hell out of it.
Can't be too hard on it, it's a tv show about restoring Mopars!!! ONLY Mopars!!!
Tough crowd...some of the guys on this site could argue with a tree and would ***** about winning the lottery.
AbodyJoe, no offense intended, you know we're cool. I missed the Charger debacle. What episodes?

Like going to a buffet to just look at the food. I got better things to do.

Somewhat related: The Owner of FantomWorks Garage had a Q&A on social media a few weeks back and I asked him if the early Barracuda in the previews would be on an episode. He confirmed that it would and it is a 65' that will be on the July 17th show. Worth a DVR.

I couldn't stand the main guy just from seeing ads for the show... i caught part of an episode and that guy probably mentioned making people eat turds like 50 times, maybe he's good at restoring mopars but his attitude is sh*t (pun) i hope i never meet him, or if i do he turns out to be totally different than on the show.

If you want to see an AWESOME show about the hot rod/muscle car hobby check out "Roadkill" on YouTube, no drama BS at all just two super cool and funny dudes doing crazy stuff with old cars.

How do you guys like the new format? Much better now that they're actually working on the cars and not chasing each other around playing tag.

I like the fact his (Mark) daughter rips him for being the way he is. And his painter rips him too. Nice to not see everyone being an *** clown.

I like the new format better. The new crew is great. Think they could spend more time talking about mechanical parts than the body work.

If you want to see an AWESOME show about the hot rod/muscle car hobby check out "Roadkill" on YouTube, no drama BS at all just two super cool and funny dudes doing crazy stuff with old cars.

BINGO. Even their weak episodes are 10 times more entertaining then any of the network shows. No fake drama and no manufactured stupid jokes (everybody else and Top Gear's last 10 seasons, respectively).

Honestly, I'd like to 'like' Graveyard Carz without the drama (Mark does occasionally bring some good Mopar techbabble to the airwaves, I'll admit that), but watching restorations just feels like work to me; it's not entertaining. I'd rather put the time into doing the same things on my cars and be a lot more pleased (or pissed, depending on how things go!) at the end of the day.

-Kurt

P.S.: Ironically enough, South Beach Classics is the only show I've seen that has successfully kicked the fake negative drama B.S. for their second season. I reserve comment about the quality of the stuff on the lot and the other comments circulating around said dealer, but the format change did improve what was previously an unwatchable show.

I don't like Mark he is an arrogant *** in my opinion. I also thought it was hilarious they when they had a car with "all of these damn after market parts" that would run while cranking but would die when you put the key in the run position they took the whole ignition system apart to find the problem. If he is such a Mopar "prophet" than it should of taken all of one second to determine it was the ballast resistor. Also, his daughter was right the new guy they hired looks just like Mark, and he kisses his *** too. With all of that being said its the only all Mopar show on TV so I'll watch it.

I got the humor of the show. And while Mark would crack me up sometimes I did always feel like their wasn't enough technical info within each episode. While some banter is great, I really want to see more Mopar goodness. And while Mark has a lot of knowledge, i did find myself sometimes amazed at some simple stuff that would baffle him. But, whatever... It's a Mopar show. I will watch.

Love it. Mark's just a funny guy. Having a lot of fun, making a lot of money, doing what he loves doing. I think we have a lot of jealous people here! You know Mark bleeds Mopar blue.

i've watched two new shows now and i think they are much better than the old format. it seems that the show is now focused primarily on the steps and procedures required in restoring old mopars. i like the new show. yes, mark worman is still a bit much to take but i think a lot of his behavior is for the show. i am very impressed with the new shop they have and all the cool tools. basically, worman now has a complete "dream garage" for restoring old muscle cars. the set up they now have allows them to essentially manufacture "new" mopar muscle cars from the late 60s and 70s. i think worman has to be given credit for his idea of doing a tv show tracking the restoration of these cars. obviously the publicity he's received and the success of the show has persuaded scores of parts and tool manufacturers to donate their products to the show for tv exposure. i will definitely continue to watch the show - if for nothing else - to see all the cool restoration tools.

Love it. Mark's just a funny guy. Having a lot of fun, making a lot of money, doing what he loves doing. I think we have a lot of jealous people here! You know Mark bleeds Mopar blue.

I agree, Marks a nut and just having fun enjoying life his way.

Cuda Dad can likely shed some light on what he is really like.

Hope your car has gotten started Cuda Dad!!

All agree with this. I would love to do Mark's job just not all the TV and stuff, but on my own Mopar restoration shop, I mean come on please! I don't enjoy a lot of the antics and I like the new season because of the lack of it. I think his daughter obviously is pretty and that's the only thing she's there for. I would be more interested if she was seriously interested in learning about Mopars and getting her hands dirty, but I strongly believe she's just there for TV exposure and a good paycheck. If there's mopars on there I'll watch it.

How do you guys like the new format? Much better now that they're actually working on the cars and not chasing each other around playing tag.

well after learning and confirming the back story to why the change up in staff as well as a few other things, i will not watch this show again. and when the stuff hits the courts, i dont look for mark to still have his business

-
Back