Graveyard Carz New Letter #1

-
well after learning and confirming the back story to why the change up in staff as well as a few other things, i will not watch this show again. and when the stuff hits the courts, i dont look for mark to still have his business

So, what happened?

So, what happened?

In a nutshell, he owes a lot of people money, including Josh, Derrick and Darren, all of whom were fired via text message. They weren't even allowed back on the property to get their own tools. He never paid them for their work on the show even. It was all IOUs that never happened. Mark allegedly also stole parts from other customers cars to use on other cars, which created a never-ending cycle which led to lots of parts being robbed from Darren's car and others. Holly left after that short time due to issues with Mark though no one would speak to what those issues were.

There is a reason for the giant gap of episodes this year, it's because all of this fell apart around the show in the midst of filming.

This is directly from Darren himself and confirmed by Derrick at separate time. So it is 2nd hand info and heresay but that's the just of it

If you want more details, pm me. But thats short version.

I talked to Mark on the phone a few months ago, as he's just right down the road.

Anything he does is a little rich for my blood. $20k down required (to secure your car on the show), plus another $30k later and then another $5k if they have to track an engine down for the car.

He does nice work, though.

So.... $30Kmtomrestore your car with it not being on the show?

See that's still all the drama - he said - she said. I just watch for the cars and any mopar knowledge.

I watched for the first time in a year. It's a lot better with out the other flakes.

If he does those restorations for 55K more or less...sign me up. That is cheap in the professional restoration business. Muscle car restoration out of Wisconsin would easily be double that....

I like the shop, and the format is "better". But when the 340 wouldn't run and he could not understand how the 318-sized & steel intake gasket would leak, I shook my head. Nothing changed. If someone brings their car there I'd be horrified. If indeed lawsuits are pending, they will all be stuck there until things are figured out by the court. I'm not arguing price - a full resto from the POS that they typically get costs that much. But the owner/show host is the problem there.

In a nutshell, he owes a lot of people money, including Josh, Derrick and Darren, all of whom were fired via text message. They weren't even allowed back on the property to get their own tools. He never paid them for their work on the show even. It was all IOUs that never happened. Mark allegedly also stole parts from other customers cars to use on other cars, which created a never-ending cycle which led to lots of parts being robbed from Darren's car and others. Holly left after that short time due to issues with Mark though no one would speak to what those issues were.

There is a reason for the giant gap of episodes this year, it's because all of this fell apart around the show in the midst of filming.

This is directly from Darren himself and confirmed by Derrick at separate time. So it is 2nd hand info and heresay but that's the just of it

If you want more details, pm me. But thats short version.

Wouldn't everyone on the show have had an individual contract? I would think that would be the case. Just asking.

i was told the reason they haven't done any a-bodies is because no one has offered one up???

They've done 1 A-Body . If you remember last season ,at the beginning of the show they would show different cars burning out. There was a short shot of a yellow Dart burning rubber sideways across the back lot.

The show is what is it, and IMO the new format is a LOT better than it was.
The new format is certainly a LOT better format and the new shop is great.
It's a show I can watch just for the cars since they're Mopars.

Been looking online and can't find anything about any lawsuits though.

If he does those restorations for 55K more or less...sign me up. That is cheap in the professional restoration business. Muscle car restoration out of Wisconsin would easily be double that....
correction. 4x that!

True that...MCR has a hemi dart clone that he claims the guy stuck 300K into and is now willing to sell it for a mere 150K...for a freakin clone! Cheaper to buy a real L023 car. At least then it would be worth what you stuck in the restoration. Lots of people out there with way too much money...and less common sense. Just my .02

Mark made a comment on the last episode to his daughter about her ex-spouse so I'm guessing they got a divorce.

My 2 cents worth. I like Old Mopars so any show that has Old Mopars and not the other brands is worth some support.
Now I have a question, they turned down the Daytona found in a landfill in Canada. Now to me graveyard carz should have don't that one, I mean it really was dead. What do y'all think?

Mark made a comment on the last episode to his daughter about her ex-spouse so I'm guessing they got a divorce.

But she's still wearing her wedding ring?

Mark Worman is the typical man suffering from Napoleon's Complex.

A short person who feels inferior because of their size. They tend to take it out on other people and thrive on power trips. Shouting at others, especially when they are in a position of power, is common. Side affects include short temper, power trips/power-hungriness, anger issues, and often a bad sense of humor.

On that same episode with the 400 Charger there was a quick shot of the back lot with a Demon and maybe a Duster. Would be nice to see an A body get done.

If you find Derricks facebook page you will probably not watch the show again. Looking back far enough it appears he left on his own terms, Darren was fired via txt, and Josh was canned because of the divorce. Derrick's page claims that most of the cars they have put out with 'the new team' were ones he did body and paint work on over the last several years but they just didn't get put back together. Now Mark trashes the old guys and show all the stuff they did.

Its good to see a show about mopars but it would be nice if it wasn't just all scripted bs.

yes would be nice to see a a-body ,but what gets me is mark is oem this oem that but we all know the factory didnt time to make nice crisp body lines and block sand the hell out it
it was primer, paint, no runs? i am going to lunch
:D

yes would be nice to see a a-body ,but what gets me is mark is oem this oem that but we all know the factory didnt time to make nice crisp body lines and block sand the hell out it
it was primer, paint, no runs? i am going to lunch
:D

no runs? my survivor 71 Demon has one on the sail panel and my 02 Stratus has one by the door handle.

-
Back