Graveyard Carz New Letter #1

-
I honestly can't remember a darn episode from this season. I'm still bummed out that they haven't done an A-Body, but most people won't spend that kind of cash to restore and A-Body to their standards.

I'm looking forward to the change. All the interpersonal BS got very tiresome. Graveyard Carz is not alone here on Velocity. If the changes catch on maybe the other shows on Velocity will follow suit. Mark has the whole Mopar tv world to himself. More seriousness is in order. I don't watch Velocity to see a soap opera or Big Bang Theory.
Dennis

I'm looking forward to the change. All the interpersonal BS got very tiresome. Graveyard Cars is not alone here on Velocity. If the changes catch on maybe the other shows on Velocity will follow suit. Mark has the whole Mopar tv world to himself. More seriousness is in order. I don't watch Velocity to see a soap opera or Big Bang Theory.
Dennis

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad Darren and Josh are GONE. Never seen them do much of anything but drama...

Hey maybe now I won't catch so much grief for watching " man drama" from my wife , and my non-Mopar car buddies might actually watch it now too ! I hate car shows that focus more on the drama and other bull$hit ... it was hard to look past all that , but I try ... I wanna see the steps taken to repair the cars , I wanna see tools being used / rust being banished / panels getting banged on and engines being built . As Dennis said , hopefully more shows will catch on ... but I'm not holding my breath .

Thank God. Hes doing my buddies GTX next season and i was a little worried about all the nonsense.

Ok I am officially back. I remember the first season, like, wow a shop about mopars! Honey, come watch this! After 3 episodes of the 3 stooges I stopped. If they are gonna work on cars I am watching every episode.

Thank God. Hes doing my buddies GTX next season and i was a little worried about all the nonsense.

You shouldn't be, it's your buddy's money being spent not yours.

If they changed the director and hired new writers there might be hope, LOL. There is not much real in reality TV.

They do everything back to stock..boring..............

Personally I like the theme of taking a car back to factory (or in most cases on Graveyard Carz better than factory). That is the underlying premise of the show. If everyone of the shows on Velocity was about restomod nirvana that could also be boring to some people. Don't get me wrong I love Overhaulin and Bitchin Rides. Those guys are true artists in some of the most challenging artist media one can imagine.

The mix of Mopar history, the evolution of the brand and body styles, and the challenges of restoring back to factory make Graveyard Carz potentially the most educational of all the shows on Velocity. Unfortunately, it has gotten side-tracked by the foolishness.

Dennis

It was an insurance repair... Not a special high dollar restoration...

Yep and the guy expected a full resto.... guy got what he paid for :wack:

Who you guys trying to convince? Me or yourselves?

I don't care what it was that was some horrible work performed on that car. No way I'd put my name on garbage work like that.

Who you guys trying to convince? Me or yourselves?

I don't care what it was that was some horrible work performed on that car. No way I'd put my name on garbage work like that.

What was the truth of that debacle? The pics I saw before the episode looked like a bunch of chimpanzees worked on the car. When I saw the episode with it on, they didn't show any definitive shots/angles showing potentially shoddy bodywork, but the angles they showed didn't look anything like the horrible shots the owner put on Facebook. If he could have wrote a 1000 word run on sentence, it was flicking' terrible to read, I'm not entirely sure that his claim is legit. The awful panel gaps would have been more apparent on tv than anything I saw, but I only have a 42" tv, not some monster 70" led LCD plasma 3d wondervision model. I just think the owners story was a little concocted. I don't see how they would put quarters on his car any differently than any other car they do. Because it's an insurance job do it half ***? That doesn't make sense. Most body guys in know take pride in their work and hold all jobs to the same standard.

Just looking forward to seeing your car get done and a little air time. Bet your busting!

the show got so bad, I kept switching channels to get past the b.s., then quit watching it completely. may have to check her, I mean " it " out again!-lol

-
Back