Graveyard Carz

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
Show on Velocity... a show about an all Mopar OEM resto shop. Why havent i known about this until now?

Unfortunately because watching the cast on that show makes me want to punch babies. I tried to watch a few episodes then gave up. Watching those guys is entirely too painful.

I caught this show also tonight for the first time..Once I saw the Purple car on the rack I knew it had or should be a Mopar..It seemed they spent more time locking one guy of of the shop and eating than much else..Unless I missed the good parts I really did not see much work on the cars in this episode..:scratch:.Rick

Show on Velocity... a show about an all Mopar OEM resto shop. Why havent i known about this until now?

I just watched an episode. They need to make the show about the cars and not the crew... very annoying

i personaly like the show. ofcourse there is some drama, but show me another reality show that doesnt. plus when they are working on the mopars they are very informitive season 2 is supposed to be more about the cars and less about the crew oh i forgot its a show that has mopars!!! and not a cast of people who pretend to know mopars

I tried to watch it last night, but couldn't make it past 2 or 3 minutes.
Add it to the list of shows that suck.
It's getting to be a long list.

Reality shows are why I refuse to own a television.

I just watched an episode. They need to make the show about the cars and not the crew... very annoying

They tried that... I have spoken with a couple of the cast members on Facebook.. They are actually pretty cool people.. They initially tried to do the show with it being all about the cars.. turns out rating wise there arent enough of us out there willing to watch tv just for cars to make it worth it to the tv companies.. they had to add all the 'drama' and dumb **** in so enough people in general would tune it (this just strengthens my believe that reality tv is always 'reality'... they are actors for the most part as well) ... i personally like the show.. I realize its a tad bit cheezy... but its all about Mopar cars so it cant be all bad right? lol

all about mopars? ya see very little of them actually doing anything with the cars. last night they were more concerned about some accident the cuda was in. who cares put the stupid thing together. plus that owner is an annoying whinny c**t on a ego micro managing trip. to me its more harmful to mapars then helpful..

all about mopars? ya see very little of them actually doing anything with the cars. last night they were more concerned about some accident the cuda was in. who cares put the stupid thing together. plus that owner is an annoying whinny c**t on a ego micro managing trip. to me its more harmful to mapars then helpful..

I dont know... personally I like hearing the back story of what happened to these cars.. but thats just me. As for the owner, yea he does come across that way on the show.. but as I said, theres no way for any of us to know whether thats all an act for the tv show, or if its him for real.. We have exchanged messages a few times over facebook and he's always been cool and polite.. But hey, its just tv.. lol

I think the head guy posted here a couple years back when they were trying to get the show off of the ground. They were doing it on the internet for a while. Seemed like a nice guy and was pretty honest about what he wanted. When doing TV, sometimes ya gotta give in to what pays.....

It can be a lame show but some of the shows are kinda entertaining. How about the one where they are trying to get a car dipped and he says he doesnt want to get back a fender tag and the seat belt bolt he forgot to take off. He say "Ill have to hand a check over to the customer for $250,000 along with the fender tag. Here is you car sir..sorry

Lessee...without the drama, nobody watches...must not be much to that show, then.

The presence of Mopars in it does not make it worth my time.

I watched the epsidodes when they were on the net at least a couple of years back it seems. Sure, they have some drama, and yeah sometimes it gets a little overboard, but I found it a lot more entertaining than most of the other daram/reality shows on the tube.

Somehow I doubt that watching a half hour of someone grinding, welding, or sanding although interesting for a while would become almost as boring as doing it live. Would be nice if they did spend more time showing some of their techniques though.

Grant

Think about what the broadcast companies are selling. They are selling empty air. They don't care if you are informed, entertained, moved, saddened or overjoyed with the program. They care if you watch, if you continue to watch and if you buy the products that are advertised. They sell the empty air to people trying to push products on you. If more people watch the empty air and buy the products, then the price of the empty air goes up. Doesn't matter if it is car shows, cooking shows or news.

The name is "graveyard cars" were they bring old mopars back from the dead not hack and weld a car to look like a costum joke and put your wheels on it.They restore the cars to original factory specs.Mark Worman knows more about factory mopars than anybody I have ever known and yes if you watch all the episodes he tells about what each car should have and the number of that part but it does dwell on the personnal side of the crew which I'm ok with because I could not see myself watching a show like musclecar or horsepower for and hour and see them chop up a perfectly good mopar just for ratings.The show isn't about each step from start to finish as much as being about the process of getting all the info and backstory to locate the original parts to restore the cars with.They stated they found the original enigne by doing all the history checks.I personally liken it but I can see why some wouldn't.

The show is kinda goofy and hard to watch sometimes but the guys are real cool diehard Mopar guys the take wrecked rusted out old Mopars and return them to as close to factory spec show room condition as possible.

I reject the argument that they have to do if for the ratings.

I watch all the car reality shows. Sure they all have some drama thrown in, but I can't think of a single car show that is less about the cars than Graveyard Cars.

I wouldn't watch it if is wasn't about Mopars. And I can barely tolerate it with the Mopars.

They shoot hours of film...then edit it down to 45 (or so) minutes for one episode...so they can make anyone look any way they want.

I watch once in a while for the Mopars...and keep the volume turned off.

Paul

QUOTE]

There have been several posts on this show on both here and Moparts. One member posted a statement of sorts from Mark Worman on this subject where he said the only way to get the show on TV was for them to add the drama in to get the ratings, otherwise the network would not buy the show.

QUOTE]

There have been several posts on this show on both here and Moparts. One member posted a statement of sorts from Mark Worman on this subject where he said the only way to get the show on TV was for them to add the drama in to get the ratings, otherwise the network would not buy the show.

I have also seen that statement..

"in my opinion" if it was actually "real" it wouldnt be on the air. nothing but a car based ***** fest. no different from any other "reality" hells kitchen or lame *** pawn shop BS.

just to clarify, my statement is directed at the networks that air and promote this BS programming and not at the actual people in these shows

everyone needs a paycheck. if i could land a spot on discovery acting like an *** earning good money, i would

The name is "graveyard cars" were they bring old mopars back from the dead not hack and weld a car to look like a costum joke and put your wheels on it.They restore the cars to original factory specs.Mark Worman knows more about factory mopars than anybody I have ever known and yes if you watch all the episodes he tells about what each car should have and the number of that part but it does dwell on the personnal side of the crew which I'm ok with because I could see myself watching a show like musclecar or horsepower for and hour and see them chop up a perfectly good mopar just for ratings.The show isn't about each step from start to finish as much as being about the process of getting all the info and backstory to locate the original parts to restore the cars with.They stated they found the original enigne by doing all the history checks.I personally liken it but I can see why some wouldn't.

As has already been stated, Mark does come off like a pompus *** on the show.. but as I said, I believe thats by design.. all that being said, he is one extremely knowledgeable person when it comes to Mopars.. As for people cutting up cars, or custom doing this, or one off wheels that... I appreciate both sides of the coin.. (sorry if that irritates the purists) but as much as I may like custom stuff, I totally enjoy the fact that he brings them back to the way they were when they were 'born' as he puts it.. They do very nice work on those cars

-
Back