Graveyard Carz

-
As has already been stated, Mark does come off like a pompus *** on the show.. but as I said, I believe thats by design.. all that being said, he is one extremely knowledgeable person when it comes to Mopars.. As for people cutting up cars, or custom doing this, or one off wheels that... I appreciate both sides of the coin.. (sorry if that irritates the purists) but as much as I may like custom stuff, I totally enjoy the fact that he brings them back to the way they were when they were 'born' as he puts it.. They do very nice work on those cars
I agree.My statemnet about the hack and weld was more about shows like west coast customs and especially the foose show where they take someones car and butcher it.My wife ask me would I want them to take my cuda and finish it and I said absolutely not.They are the complete opposite of graveyard cars as they will destroy a factory correct car to made some hidious original design.Don't get me wrong I like a little custom to enhance a cars looks as my car is not factory correct but not all cars need to be lowered and 22" wheels.

EDIT:I just noticed I left the word not out of my earlier post"I could not see myself watching a show like musclecar or horsepower for and hour and see them chop up a perfectly good mopar just for ratings"

I agree.My statemnet about the hack and weld was more about shows like west coast customs and especially the foose show where they take someones car and butcher it.My wife ask me would I want them to take my cuda and finish it and I said absolutely not.They are the complete opposite of graveyard cars as they will destroy a factory correct car to made some hidious original design.Don't get me wrong I like a little custom to enhance a cars looks as my car is not factory correct but not all cars need to be lowered and 22" wheels.

EDIT:I just noticed I left the word not out of my earlier post"I could not see myself watching a show like musclecar or horsepower for and hour and see them chop up a perfectly good mopar just for ratings"

personally I like Foose's work.. But thats just me.. And I believe they do good work on that show (Overhaulin).. but most of that is because the people that got those cars on the shows (the 'marks') give him that creative license to do the things he does.. He asks them what they think the owner would like.. I told my wife if she was entertaining any thoughts about trying to get my Dart on there, that it better still have door handles, wheels no bigger than 17's... stock ride height with some rake, a factory color... and.. oh yea, A HEMI!!! lmao... but again, I totally understand and respect that that kind of stuff isnt for everyone... as for West Coast Customs, I respect the fact that Ryan has been able to make a living doing what he does, but the stuff they do doesnt do anything for me..

There isn't a single car show on TV. Horsepower, Trucks, Musclecar, Gears, Two idiots Garage, My Classic Car, Car Crazy, are nothing more than 30 minute commercials, period. Graveyard Cars, Fast & Loud, Texas Car Wars, etc are reality shows making anyone who works in the automotive industry look like a backwoods Redneck. The only good car show was Rides, which of course was cancelled. I'm not sure where Overhaulin' fits in, but it too is more about the people than the cars.

Mark worman actually owns the production company that produce the show and velocity is the network. It's been on for a while and it really doesn't get any better as the episodes go on. It really sucks because I was hoping it would be good. Guess I'll stick to watching overhaulin. Chip is one bad *** ****. The worst by far is chop cut rebuild just for the plain and simple fact that Dan woods is the biggest pussy and worthless as all hell. You can tell that the builders get annoyed with his *** too.

There isn't a single car show on TV. Horsepower, Trucks, Musclecar, Gears, Two idiots Garage, My Classic Car, Car Crazy, are nothing more than 30 minute commercials, period. Graveyard Cars, Fast & Loud, Texas Car Wars, etc are reality shows making anyone who works in the automotive industry look like a backwoods Redneck. The only good car show was Rides, which of course was cancelled. I'm not sure where Overhaulin' fits in, but it too is more about the people than the cars.

There is one real car show: Chop, Cut, Rebuild. Otherwise, I agree with your post.

Foose show is terrible... What they do to cars is wrong in my opinion. None of the cars they build is my taste and I choose not to watch it. With that said I like Graveyard Cars... You do get tidbits of information and from the look of their work turn out some nice cars.

I plan on going by the shop out their one day next year and check them out when I am on vacation. I like Fast and loud for the buying of the car. The work after I don't care about. Same with Wheeler Dealers.. It is all about finding and buying the car. Texas Car wars.... Na don't care for it..

I agree Rides was a good show. My buddy Leonard Lopez had his shop featured on there ( Dominator customs) he builds some seriously bad *** rides. Economy has hammered him real hard like everyone else in the " luxury " industries. Graveyard cars could be a great show if they focused more on the builds and the actual finds and steps to the restorations and not all the childish grab *** they do. It's 45 mins of how they screw off and 10 min of commercials and 5 min of actual work. No wonder why the customer of the roadrunner was pissed they were waaaaay behind. Better not be in a hurry if you want a car restored by those guys.

The worst by far is chop cut rebuild just for the plain and simple fact that Dan woods is the biggest pussy and worthless as all hell. You can tell that the builders get annoyed with his *** too.

Dude, that's pretty harsh. Dan is a pretty good guy and a friend of mine. Is he a mechanic? No, not really. He does have a love and appreciation for all things cars. He is doing this for entertainment and to be informative. He doesn't design the builds, but he does chronical them. Consider that when his show was doing the Duster build, he was on this site constantly checking the pulse of the A body crowd. Have any of your "Heroes" done that? As far as the builders being annoyed, yep, having to stop what you're doing to film something (sometimes several times) can be annoying, but nobody held a gun to their heads to do the show.

You can have an opinion on the show, nobody is holding a gun to YOUR head.
Welcome to the land of the free. To do a personal assault on someone you don't know is a bit much.

I wasn't attacking your friend personally because I don't know him I was just clearly stating what I have seen on the episodes that I have watched. Not saying he's a bad person, just that you can tell that he's pissing off the guys that he's working with. That's all. I don't melishishly attack people on here for the fun of it like some on here do. If I was a little harsh on your friend I apologies.

Mark worman actually owns the production company that produce the show and velocity is the network. It's been on for a while and it really doesn't get any better as the episodes go on. It really sucks because I was hoping it would be good. Guess I'll stick to watching overhaulin. Chip is one bad *** ****. The worst by far is chop cut rebuild just for the plain and simple fact that Dan woods is the biggest pussy and worthless as all hell. You can tell that the builders get annoyed with his *** too.

He already stated that he doesn't want to show the "drama" at all but it's the only way he could get the show on the network. You can tell everyone on the show is acting when it comes to the drama. It's just sad that a network about cars who's main demographic is probably 35-60 year old males think that we just want to see a bunch of grown men arguing for 50 minutes while the other 10 are about cars. The ratio of drama to cars is ridiculous. I hope this next season is more about cars because Mark obviously knows what he's doing and it would be cool to see him actually work on cars instead of bitching with that other guy for most the show.

I wasn't attacking your friend personally because I don't know him I was just clearly stating what I have seen on the episodes that I have watched. Not saying he's a bad person, just that you can tell that he's pissing off the guys that he's working with. That's all. I don't melishishly attack people on here for the fun of it like some on here do. If I was a little harsh on your friend I apologies.

No worries man, I sometimes need to check myself when my coffee hasn't kicked in. I extend my apologies, also.

I'd let him restore my car as for the show less drama more car would be nice but its comforting to know that even proffesionals have problems getting things done so when I can find a part or place to do the work I need I realize that's part of the restore life.

Fast and loud I find funny. Those clowns crack me up. Would never buy a car from them but they make me laugh.

Tried watching graveyard again yesterday and I couldn't get through 5 minutes of that garbage. The Whiney voice of that owner annoys the hell out of me. The show doesn't show crap except for the owner crying about something every 5 minutes.

Fast and loud I find funny. Those clowns crack me up. Would never buy a car from them but they make me laugh.

Tried watching graveyard again yesterday and I couldn't get through 5 minutes of that garbage. The Whiney voice of that owner annoys the hell out of me. The show doesn't show crap except for the owner crying about something every 5 minutes.

Im not saying I would never buy something that came out of Gas Monkey Garage... but I will tell you this.. they seem like the most 'real' people out of any of these shows.. (not that I dont think Chip or Stacey David come off as real... Im not including them in this) .. They appear to be like normal guys.. flipping cars... They seem to have a passion and love of old cars in general, and like you said.. they are good for a laugh.. lets put it this way, I would probably hang out and drink some cold ones with those cats LOL

and also the fast n loud guys are not afraid to poke fun of themselves.. I actually damn near spit my drink out laughing at the one episode where the main dude was in the office.. from outside the caption on the screen said 'Gas Monkey World Headquarters'... its just a dingy trailer attached to the side of the garage! LMAO .. To me that was cool

Heck, I have a good job and flip cars/pick ups on the side. Pays for my car stuff and things like hardwood floors/wool carpet in my house. Doing an ex-PW '95 F150 4x4 (w/'real' 4x4 capability) I picked up for $1200 at auction. Retail book is $4750, so I put $1K into it and put it up for $37-3800, it'll go quick.

Starting to get annoyed with most car shows, but I will agree "Fast-N-Loud" makes me laugh. You can sit and critique what they are thinking, and when you are right...wife begins to understand you know what you are talking about.

Never could stand Boyd Coddington's "All-American Hot Rod." That guy and his crew seemed to be jackholes

The rest are entertainment

Yea what gets me is Boyd was sopposed to be this legendary builder but when they had him come out towards the end of one build to adjust the idle or something stupid like that on the car he couldn't figure it out and handed the tool over to one of the other guys to finish it. He could just afford to hire some bad *** rod builders to manifest his visions. And for those who don't think foose is a true craftsman look at his cars that won the riddler awards back to back! That thing was scratch built!! By foose and 2 other guys. Took him 6 years but it was absolutely stunning. I'm not big on the 30's roadsters like what it was mimicked after but WOW bad ***. It's nice when you have all of the state of the art water jets and c&c machines at your disposal. Not to mention deeeep pockets.

and also the fast n loud guys are not afraid to poke fun of themselves.. I actually damn near spit my drink out laughing at the one episode where the main dude was in the office.. from outside the caption on the screen said 'Gas Monkey World Headquarters'... its just a dingy trailer attached to the side of the garage! LMAO .. To me that was cool

Lol. I saw that episode again yesterday I think it was.

They lost a ton of money on that flat black (used to be different shades of purple) Chevy and caddy at a no reserve auction. I like seeing that they don't always make good decisions.

I agree. They would probably be fun to hang out drinking in the garage with.

Lol. I saw that episode again yesterday I think it was.

They lost a ton of money on that flat black (used to be different shades of purple) Chevy and caddy at a no reserve auction. I like seeing that they don't always make good decisions.

I agree. They would probably be fun to hang out drinking in the garage with.

I totally agree.. they dont just show them making money and its all gravy.. the lost their asses with that Caddy and that ugly purple thing (which I thought looked great hot rod black) ... to me thats reality.. it aint all roses and sunshine..

I gave the show another chance, against my beter judgement. While Mark CLEARLY knows his stuff, its just hard to watch. I understand that they needs some of the drama. But out of the show... maybe 3 minutes had ANYTHING to do with the cars. Now correct me if I am wrong, but aren't shows about cars on Velocity and SPEED supposed to be geared towards us car guys? Sounds like someone needs to have a meeting with the Discovery execs. (during this meeting they need to execute the pompous *** who decided it was ok to destroy 2 imperials on that dumb assed episode of Mythbusters)..

my point. 50% drama 50% Mopars... I dont ask that much.

The gas monkey guys do seem like a blast... but I am with Joe, don't think I would own one of their cars.

-
Back