GREEDY! CRAZY eBay prices thread, trim rings $5495, Barracuda window trim $450

-
Most of the ebay stuff listed as examples on this post are items these sellers have been unable to sell due to the pricing, these items have been relisted on Ebay so many times its way beyond belief.
I can understand why NOS parts for Ebodys are through the roof, look what a matching numbers 70-71 Barracuda sells for, but it makes me scratch my head more so when I see an Ebody on ebay that looks like its been stored at the bottom of the ocean its entire life or been through the crusher a few times and you still have people bidding alot of money for it.

The really sad thing is these cars were mass produced,and nothing special.

A fool and thier money....

Does anyone know of guys paying this kind of money for parts. Granted they are nice parts but really???

Yep-I have seen quite a few high dollar parts change hands.Enzo parts are not cheap either.Is it really greed that bothers you guy's so much or is it envy?I believe it is the latter.Hate the hobby and envy your brother?Might be a good time to rethink the hobby.

I noticed at Mopar Nats and at a local WPC Swap this past weekend, there are a number of guys that rely on the parts they sell in order to eat....more and more are likin' steak. Also, I think as we get older and our cars get closer and closer to being complete, we have a tendency to spend a little more on a NOS or a perfect part. The first five years I had my Demon I bought many parts all year long, now I buy 3 or4. My2cents

Yep-I have seen quite a few high dollar parts change hands.Enzo parts are not cheap either.Is it really greed that bothers you guy's so much or is it envy?I believe it is the latter.Hate the hobby and envy your brother?Might be a good time to rethink the hobby.

WTH is an Enzo part? If you think this thread is an envy thread you are welcome to your opinion. There are plenty of members that can write a check for any of these parts. Yes, I have that NOS $1295 gas cap, the NOS $185 locking gas cap that I listed. I just wasn't a fool to pay 3 to 5 or more times what they do sell for in the real world.

Some of these parts have been going around on eBay for years.
There are fools born every day but where an item is approaching its 4th birthday on eBay I guess maybe there aren't as many fools as some think.

WTH is an Enzo part? If you think this thread is an envy thread you are welcome to your opinion. There are plenty of members that can write a check for any of these parts. Yes, I have that NOS $1295 gas cap, the NOS $185 locking gas cap that I listed. I just wasn't a fool to pay 3 to 5 or more times what they do sell for in the real world. Some of these parts have been going around on eBay for years. There are fools born every day but where an item is approaching its 4th birthday on eBay I guess maybe there aren't as many fools as some think.
Thanks for letting me keep my opinion,but there are other parts that are more expensive than Chrysler.With the opinion of you and your followers and the rush to grab all the Taiwan/China/Japan/Indonesia cheap parts,soon your$1295 NOS gas cap and the $185 locking cap will be worth $12.95 and $1.85.Fools??? Thats a relative fact.Have a nice day!!!!!

Thanks for letting me keep my opinion,but there are other parts that are more expensive than Chrysler.With the opinion of you and your followers and the rush to grab all the Taiwan/China/Japan/Indonesia cheap parts,soon your$1295 NOS gas cap and the $185 locking cap will be worth $12.95 and $1.85.Fools??? Thats a relative fact.Have a nice day!!!!!

WTH is an Enzo part? Import!!!!

I hope they get that cheap and the greedy gets stuck. It is already happening. It is those import parts that are keeping the hobby alive now whether you like it or not. The antique cars would be gone without the import parts. How about AMD and the products they are bringing to the market. Because of them we can now save a lot of cars that couldn't have been saved. Quality is improving on many products and some are still junk. I do wish that the parts were manufactured here and those jobs manufacturing jobs were here. Fact is that all the after market companies that are making the parts overseas and shipping them here are keeping Americans employed. The companies that sell the reproduction parts wouldn't be here and neither would those American jobs if they wasn't companies making the reproduction parts. The shipping companies hauling those foreign parts to the warehouses and to our places are here in American. We buy AMD body panels and even if we do the installion ourselves sooner or later we will be buying paint materials so there are some more Americans working because of the fact that the body panels are now available. As of right now every part I have for the convertible is American made (maybe the windshield gasket isn't) but I started buying before the super greedy came in grabbing up everything and way over pricing it just because they had no competition. I buy American products every time I can but there are times there are no choice and in the car hobby that is now becoming the fact of life.

Sell all your low cost feel good mopar parts to me . Go buy a Chevy. You can go buy all the cheap parts you can dream of then . No greed involved in the gm camp . Plenty enough for all to share and sing happy hippy songs ;). Lol!

These clowns will go to the grave still owning these parts. They would be better off on a car than sitting in a cardboard box for the next fifty years. Shame Shame Shame!!!!!

Sell all your low cost feel good mopar parts to me . Go buy a Chevy. You can go buy all the cheap parts you can dream of then . No greed involved in the gm camp . Plenty enough for all to share and sing happy hippy songs ;). Lol!

LOL, I don't think any of my parts would help your car unless it would be the mechanical parts.

There is and has been greed in every camp when it comes to vintage cars. The reason the Chevies can be built cheaper is that they went strong in the market about 10 years ahead of most of our cars. There will be more and more parts come out for our Mopars as time goes by. I saw the high roller, high priced GM guys go by the wayside as the after market came on. Those that survived are now selling reproduction parts along with more resaonable NOS parts as they get them. There are always some NOS parts that will command a big price because they aren't ever going to be reproduced since they can't sell enough to pay the R&D and tooling costs.

These clowns will go to the grave still owning these parts. They would be better off on a car than sitting in a cardboard box for the next fifty years. Shame Shame Shame!!!!!

I often wonder how many times they could have turned that money over and how much cash they would have generated now if they sold parts at a more resonable price. I am not saying selling cheap, but selling where they will sell with in a reasonable time. Four years to hold something when the same NOS parts show up quite often is not business smart.

Honestly I have no idea what Chevy stuff sells for now days.A few years ago My dad gave me a bunch of parts off of a 71 c 10 he used to have to sell on eBay and I couldn't give them away.most of the stuff ended up in the garbage. At the same time I listed a bunch of old dodge stuff no reserve $1 starting bid and people fought over it and honestly overpaid for stuff I thought was old junk.

It is crap like this that is ruining the hobby. It is also part of the reason I just don't give a crap about even working on my car.
Yes it crap but we all know there out of there f-en minds, there are a few good sellers left out there!! We have a few of them on hear that try to pull that crap to!! :finga: :protest: :violent1: :angry5:
:sign3: Paul :glasses7:

Honestly I have no idea what Chevy stuff sells for now days.A few years ago My dad gave me a bunch of parts off of a 71 c 10 he used to have to sell on eBay and I couldn't give them away.most of the stuff ended up in the garbage. At the same time I listed a bunch of old dodge stuff no reserve $1 starting bid and people fought over it and honestly overpaid for stuff I thought was old junk.

That is what I did when I sold on eBay. Have a good honest discription, good detailed pictures and start the bidding a 99 cents with no reserve. I didn't list junk, only good driver quality parts and better with some NOS parts if they didn't fit what I owned. I always found that the parts would take of themselves price wise for the most part. A lot of the time they would bring far more than what I thought they were worth but starting with 99 cents the buyers set the value. I sold every brand of parts that I came across. I am still sitting on a huge amount of NOS ignition and electrical parts that I plan on selling some day. A lot of it I just set back and boxed because it was too new then but it is 10 years older now and still in the original boxes. Little if any of it is import.

this is insane. It is seeing crap like this that makes being a mopar guy so hard.

ENVY ??? HATE THE HOBBY NOT YOUR BROTHER ?? WTF.:-k..ARE YOU REALLY COMPARING THE COSTS OF ENZO FERRARI PARTS WITH MOPAR ?? IF YOU HAD A CLUE YOU WOULD KNOW THOSE PRICES LISTED WHERE 3 TO 4 TIMES THE NORM MIN..
A ENZO NOW COSTS 1 MILLION DOLLARS USED ...NEW WAS $695,000.....MAYBE YOU NEED TO JUST RE-THINK WITH SOME COMMON SENSE...BECAUSE YOU MAKE NONE COMPARING THESE TWO COSTS...
I HAVE SOME YUGO HUB CAPS FOR ONLY $1000 AND I ONLY HAVE THREE ..YEP,IT IS A GREAT DEAL...DO NOT HATE ME OR ENVY ME....
JUST RETHINK THE HOBBY..:finga:...I TAKE PAYPAL TOO...RICK

Lol,who thinks they can compare Ferrari parts to Mopar? Lol,it's like comparing apples to potatoes. Ferrari is hand built,a super car from the start. Mopar is mass produced muscle car,not even close to ferrari.

Personally I think the only folks who want high parts prices are those who have all the parts,so look to parts hoarders trying to influence the market here.I get it,wanting as much money as possible for your item. But 99% of folks just cant afford it,so who are you looking to buy your parts,especially in a shitty economy?

I have noticed a trend lately,of people trying to sustain the high price trend that happened when the economy was better,and folks had money to waste on an over priced part. I think even then they knew they were overpaying. So now,when ya wanna get rid of that overpriced part you expect folks to cough up what you did? Not gonna happen. Your just gona have to take your loss,and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

A fool and thier money........

I sold a set of dart front fender extensions on craigslist a few months back for $40 the guy beat me up on price too I was asking $60. Going through the listings the other day and there were my extensions back on craigslist for $175. Guess I should have held out for my $60.

You do realize you talking about a million dollar car. I personally use to repair Ferrari reverse levers because I had guys complaining they didn't want to spend the $4,700.00 to replace the unit so there are people in the Ferrari club that believe in affordable VS INSANE pricing. I still managed to charge $1,200 for my rebuilt lever assembly but that was a bargain to those guys.

I sold a set of dart front fender extensions on craigslist a few months back for $40 the guy beat me up on price too I was asking $60. Going through the listings the other day and there were my extensions back on craigslist for $175. Guess I should have held out for my $60.

That's happened to me as well, & it's frustrating. I learned my lesson from it when I thought I was doing a favor for someone I knew. A long time ago I had a very nice rim blow wheel with the column adapter that I sold to him for $35. He said "he always liked them & was going to put it in his car" but I saw it on his table at a swap meet a few weeks later for $135. Same guy offered to give me $50 & an AM radio for an AM/FM that was in my Satellite. I'm sure I'd have seen that one on his table for 10 times more.

If I get my asking price I am content & not offended if it ends up resold for more. I don't mind haggling either, but the outright lie & expecting me to feel sorry for you so you can steal it sucks.

I looked at some of his other auctions. It makes me want to just junk all my cars and sell them by the piece if those parts bring that kind of money.

Cancel that... After looking at his feedback and seeing the prices of parts he has actual sold at prices I would expect to see, I better keep them together.

the real sad part is that if the seller does die with these parts then there kids or family that has no idea what these parts are worth are going to pitch them into a dumpster and they will be gone forever.

-
Back